Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93150 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2011, 12:13:48 pm »

Dropping the darts and giving them orc spears actually makes them quite effective, even with the paper armor.

They'll charge in and trample people, then surround them and stab them to death with the spears. They can actually reach enemies using them, instead of riding up and attempting to hit something with their butcher knives and being killed because they couldn't reach far enough.

Orc snagas get spears. Warg riders, after being dropped on their head repeatedly, decided that short rusty knives and lawn darts would obviously prove more effective and dropped all their good weapons.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2011, 12:18:05 pm »

Are throwing darts used ANYWHERE in the story aside from tavern games? I mean, you'd think even the most dunderheaded orc would figure out that throwing big sharp stick > throwing small sharp stick. Why not javelins instead?

Of course, we can always remedy the situation using a troop editor.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:42 pm »

Will it mess up my save if I used troop editor?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2011, 01:45:50 pm »

If it's anything like in Warband, troops stats and item numbers are cached along with or inside the save. So unless there's a rebuild cache feature in there, you'll need to start a new game for any changes to take effect.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2011, 03:44:42 pm »

The only way to modify troops in a save is to have a way of editing them built into the module (which isn't actually all that hard, all you need is to have the conversation where it shows you the troop stats set the player troop global to the troop your'e talking to, letting you import/export the troop - then just have a thing setting it back to the player when you exit the conversation).

You could set up a convo to change troop equipment in a similar fashion, either by trading with the player or trading between the troop and some other troop you use as item storage.

It'd be a pain in the ass to do without the module system source though. I could do it, but it wouldn't be worth the effort for something you can fix and just start a new game for :)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 29, 2011, 06:11:18 pm »

And then those wargs ride out and are killed or wounded.

Battle an hour later.

Hey, all those wargs are back, in the thick of health!

Ah, you're complaining of the wargs not dying when they get hit. To be honest, I don't see why you need to dismount the warg riders, just tell them to hold fire and they'll charge right into the infantry.

Flare imagine ordering a pizza and getting all the ingridients cold and some instructions on how to mix them.

Very bad analogy, too many ways to interpret.

If it's anything like in Warband, troops stats and item numbers are cached along with or inside the save. So unless there's a rebuild cache feature in there, you'll need to start a new game for any changes to take effect.

Yeah, you'll have to restart.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2011, 07:17:20 pm »

Reducing the amount of ammo a warg rider carries and giving them a short spear instead of a dagger would go a long ways towards improving the way fights play out.  The idea would be to have them deplete their ammo as they close the gap, and then charge into the enemy.  Having this work out so that it is timed correctly to give cover to advancing infantry could be done by tinkering with the ammo amount/ranged weapon speed.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2011, 07:49:58 pm »

I crash on start with "failed to get shader for windy_flora" :\

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 29, 2011, 09:06:51 pm »

To be honest, I don't see why you need to dismount the warg riders, just tell them to hold fire and they'll charge right into the infantry.
Because if the rider dont die you wont have any losses because you get the wargs back.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2011, 09:14:27 pm »

I crash on start with "failed to get shader for windy_flora" :\

Are you starting with the launcher provided (in the mod folder)? I had that error too at first. Also, are you using Steam or the downloaded enhanced version?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 29, 2011, 11:26:14 pm »

To be honest, I don't see why you need to dismount the warg riders, just tell them to hold fire and they'll charge right into the infantry.
Because if the rider dont die you wont have any losses because you get the wargs back.

This + even if I tell the riders to hold their fire, they have a tendency of stopping right besides the enemy and trying to hit them with their puny knives which do a glorious 0 damage against elven armor, rather then actualy charging them. Dismounted wargs prefer to just to charge into the enemy ranks and knock them over, which is much better.

@Eagle: You need the M&B enhanced version for this mod, you can easily find through google. Also, don't use the Iron launcher as the manual tells you too. I tried using it and it just caused problems, just manualy copy the files as the manual instructs you, I was having the same problem before I did this.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2011, 12:07:04 am »

I'm not sure if anyone saw this yet, but here is the RCM beta version 1 for TLD.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2526575242/MEBCM-Beta1.rar

Add that to this max battlesize changer and set it to 200-300 maybe (300 works for me if I turn down corpses to 40 in options; runs a little slow but the fights are cool):

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=107

and good side will be having a tough time of it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:12:16 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2011, 05:35:47 am »

And then those wargs ride out and are killed or wounded.

Battle an hour later.

Hey, all those wargs are back, in the thick of health!

Ah, you're complaining of the wargs not dying when they get hit. To be honest, I don't see why you need to dismount the warg riders, just tell them to hold fire and they'll charge right into the infantry.

No, it's simply the fact that warg riders shouldn't be complete shit, and it makes zero sense for a warg without a rider to be 5 times as useful as a warg with a rider.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2011, 07:47:02 am »

Who wants to bet that the response to the feedback that dismounted wargs are better than mounted wargs will be to...nerf dismounted wargs?  :P
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2011, 08:19:11 am »

Who wants to bet that the response to the feedback that dismounted wargs are better than mounted wargs will be to...nerf dismounted wargs?  :P
Don't see how. only been on the receiving side and they haven't been many but they barely hurt. But they disrupted ranks and drew fire from more important targets allowing more orcs to reach my people.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19