Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93200 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod
« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2011, 12:48:36 am »

No, the new email that works. Hotmail requests a current email to send you info to and otherwise be able to contact you. Probably to send you ads also.

EDIT: Ah, I see, you were joking.

EDIT2(a refugee from the double post): Sent an email to eSellerate support. I can only hope their support is better than hotmail's (I have a feeling it will be, then I can help report bugs again, yay!)

EDIT3: oops, double post
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:50:56 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2011, 04:40:51 am »

Spoiler: This post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:50:08 am by Duuvian »

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2011, 06:31:51 am »

*image of fell and horrible inexplicability*
I am having dificulty understanding what is happening in this post.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2011, 07:05:53 am »

I dunno, I thought I explained it pretty good with edits. That was an empty post so I thought I'd put something in it at least. I suppose I can remove it if you want.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2011, 05:43:42 pm »

Unfortunately I bought M&B through eSellerate back when Taleworlds sold through them. M&B was still in beta and only cost 15$ in 2003 or 2004. The email I used I can't access any longer, and when trying to get my activation code it sends the email to my old non-functional email address.

Am I stuck making a decision about rather or not to spend my limited funds on purchasing M&B a second time or did Taleworlds keep a list of purchaser's emails from that long ago?

EDIT: Also, yes I tried to get the email address back, but hotmail locked it and they have an automated process that is no help whatsoever, as they skip the part where someone is supposed to get in contact with you.

Basically hotmail sends an email saying someone will contact you shortly within 24 hours, then the next email I get from them is a questionnaire asking how their customer support was, about three days later.

There are a few things you could try.

You could always try to email the devs privately and see if they will dispense a key, or at least another key for you.

If you still have the computer you've installed the game on, the key will still be on that computer. The game creates a file in systems that has the serial. And if you're still using the same computer, you probably don't even need to look it up since the game will recognize its presence.
I've also found a section in this thread

Removing Licence Keys
In order to completely remove the licensing information (should you want to) you will need to edit the registry. To do this:
1. Run Regedit
2. Search for Mount & Blade. Delete all found keys

3. Search for Licenturion. Delete these keys.

It should be in your registry. And of course, don't delete the found keys :P!

As per your own advances:
Retrieving a Lost Serial Key bought through Esellerate
If you lose the email containing your serial key, you can get a duplicate of the email from esellerate.

1. Go to http://store3.esellerate.net/store/support/Default.aspx
2. In the second section, enter your email address in the box above "email order history"
3. Click the "email order history" button
4. A duplicate of your order reciept, complete with serial key, will be sent to your email address

NOTE the email address must be the same address you used to purchase the key. If you have changed or otherwise no longer have access to that email address, then you will need to contact Esellerate directly (support@esellerate.net). They can track your purchase through a number of other methods.

That seems quite promising. You haven't moved have you?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2011, 08:30:10 am »

I actually did that a while ago. I woke up today to find that eSellerate support had sent everything I needed to retrieve my serial key from eSellerate. I now have hard copies so this won't occur again.

Thanks eSellerate for having excellent support, and also thanks to the individual in their support email department who was very helpful and polite.

EDIT: I wouldn't have had the registry for an activated M&B on this computer. Thanks though, the help is appreciated.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2011, 04:02:08 pm »

I used eSellerate to find my key after years of thinking it completely lost just to use this mod a few weeks ago, actually. Much better support than expected, figured Taleworlds had lost my key and I would never be able to get it back.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2011, 12:48:16 pm »

Have you installed it properly?  There are instructions in the manual here.
I tried both methods(IronLauncher.exe, and replacing the files manually). I always get an error related to "windy_flora". I did notice that after replacing the files(after making backups, of course), the loading text was legible, but using IronLauncher, the text was garbled.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2011, 01:56:03 pm »

Played a few hours last night with my Knight of Dol Amroth character. Got him up to a Steward's Guard of Gondor in rank, thanks to a few large battles where my presence helped turned the tide (especially now that I have a Dol Amroth Warhorse and can ride roughshod over waves of orcs).

For all that, it's still crazy difficult and I frequently find myself pinned in. Trying to ride past Osgiliath just seems to invite every orc party within 50 miles to come after me, and the shared engagement range is ridiculously high. And all but the largest orc hosts are faster than I am, so avoiding battle becomes very difficult. I can kill a lot of orcs, but when you're facing 400-to-30 odds.....

Having better luck against the Haradrim and Corsairs. Although it's irritating -- with Prince Imrahil and Baranor, we curbstomped the entire Corsair army early on in the game. WIthin a week or so game time, they were invading again with another 100+ troops for each commander.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2011, 07:59:22 pm »

Key is to start up a side's momentum. If you're evil, you should be trying to crush Gondor, then Rohan, etc. As good, you want to be supporting Dale and the Dwarves at the start, then hit up the other sides once you've knocked off Dol Guldur and the like.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2011, 08:45:03 pm »

Finally, something to get me back into M&B!  :D

Installing now, going to follow instructions.

Ed: Yep, running into the same issue as Akura. I'm using the steam version, so I'm going to hunt around and see if I can dig up a solution.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:46:25 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2011, 11:21:56 pm »

Finally, something to get me back into M&B!  :D

Installing now, going to follow instructions.

Ed: Yep, running into the same issue as Akura. I'm using the steam version, so I'm going to hunt around and see if I can dig up a solution.
Oh jeez. Didn't realize this was a problem for others as well.
I solved it by playing around in the launcher files and configs. I believe that you can track down the affecting line and delete it, but then I think you'd need to download the game again to play other mods, so I'd suggest keeping a backup.
I'll place some more comprehensive instructions and for that matter information on the mod itself in a little.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2011, 11:50:04 pm »

Thank you! It's running perfectly now.  :)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2011, 11:52:37 pm »

Happy to help.
How long do you have to wait for this whole war declared thing it says in the manual, anyway?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2011, 11:53:50 pm »

Happy to help.
How long do you have to wait for this whole war declared thing it says in the manual, anyway?
Level 7. Can be as long or as quickly as you want.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19