Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93208 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2011, 01:18:36 pm »

Hmm, I keep getting a shader error right when it finishes the loading screen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2011, 03:58:50 pm »

Have you installed it properly?  There are instructions in the manual here.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2011, 09:47:37 am »

Man, Gondor gets curbstomped once the actual war begins. After about 10 days, they're the weakest faction in the game, nearly all of their generals have been defeated at least once (Prince Imrahil has had his butt kicked at least three times), and Cair Andros is now a haven of the Lidless Eye. That was a fun assault.

Went north to help out Rhun (which fares poorly against Erebor and Mirkwood, it seems) and Dol Guldur. Tried joining my ~100 orc horde with the defenders of a Dol Guldur outpost (in the middle of Mirkwood) to defend it against an assault by two Lothlorien hosts. We had slightly better numbers and fortifications to boot. Should be reasonably successful, right? WRONG.

First off, the outpost was apparently constructed by Derplag the Unready, because the wooden palisade had multiple big ol' gaps in it. As soon as the battle started, dozens of heavily-armored, well-armored elves poured through, bringing their pointy-eared love and sunshine. And sharp things. A veritable river of orcish blood flowed. The kill status messages came so fast that it pretty much blinded the left third of my screen, and there were very few green messages. I cut down two elves before being beaten senseless. Had to auto-battle the rest. Initial odds were something like 251 orcs v 231 elves. Final tally? Orcs defeated, elves had *10* casualties. Two of which I was responsible for.

The moral? Never get involved in a land war in Mirkwood.  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2011, 03:30:07 pm »

With Orcs, autobattling is your friend.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2011, 04:45:17 pm »

The warg riders have terrible equipment.

Actually, the wargs are far better combatants after they lose their riders.  Ergo, it best that the orcs riding them are poorly armored, as it means that the REAL reason I hired a Warg Swarm can be unleashed all the faster.

I've seen riderless wargs damage enemy calvary.  I'm not sure how exactly, but they seem to fight enemy calvary better than most of the forces of evil, especially when they get the enemy into a corner.

I seem to recall that you've played Dominions 3.  Remember the Machaka and their spider rider troops?  It's sort of like that.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2011, 10:24:05 pm »

Apparently non-warband m&b dislikes the new ATI cards,  I keep getting vertex buffer failures crashing the game mid way through battles.  I've got settings turned down pretty low, and have capped battles at 75, but it keeps cropping up.  My computer can handily run 3-400 battles on the maxed settings.  If anyone discovers a fix to this please let me know.

Riderless wargs a bit problematic as the AI keeps trying to hit the invisible rider.  I've also noticed that archers tend to shoot over the top of goblins' heads.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2011, 10:31:53 pm »

Apparently non-warband m&b dislikes the new ATI cards,  I keep getting vertex buffer failures crashing the game mid way through battles.  I've got settings turned down pretty low, and have capped battles at 75, but it keeps cropping up.  My computer can handily run 3-400 battles on the maxed settings.  If anyone discovers a fix to this please let me know.

You can have decent graphics and maxed-out number of dudes easy, just set corpses to fade away instead of being unlimited.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:34:06 pm by Xotes »
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2011, 11:24:45 pm »

I've seen riderless wargs damage enemy calvary.  I'm not sure how exactly, but they seem to fight enemy calvary better than most of the forces of evil, especially when they get the enemy into a corner.
IIRC from the .808 version, wargs are generally slower than horses but have superior maneuverability. So when the cavalry slow down or stop, the wargs can easily get in behind them and wreak havoc. I loved riding a warg in the old version, because I could cut in and out of a pack of Rohirrim and slash at their flanks then turn away before they could respond.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2011, 11:28:45 pm »

Riderless wargs technically aren't. They get an invisible rider who is uncreated when the warg dies.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2011, 01:01:06 am »

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2520.0.html

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2011, 04:08:02 am »

There is NOTHING funny about violating the rules of this forum with tasteless nudity

... Weren't we all tossing babies and small children down shafts and cliffs into training rooms for mental conditioning just yesterday in DF? There seems to be a little misplacement of priorities when a female character puts on armor that depicts a male Rhun's upper body causes more concern than the former of flinging small innocent creatures down steep drops :D.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2011, 11:02:39 am »

Actually, the wargs are far better combatants after they lose their riders.  Ergo, it best that the orcs riding them are poorly armored, as it means that the REAL reason I hired a Warg Swarm can be unleashed all the faster.

I seem to recall that you've played Dominions 3.  Remember the Machaka and their spider rider troops?  It's sort of like that.

Riderless wargs can't do anything against enemy cavalry, their invisible weapon does 0 damage with 0 reach. All they can do is trample infantry. The only thing riderless wargs are good for against cavalry is a distraction, because the enemy will chase them around and repeatedly attack the invisible rider and rarely actually kill the warg - letting you ride around mopping up the cavalry at your leisure.

And I see the fact riderless wargs are more powerful than their riders to be the problem. All you need is to give the warg riders decent equipment and they'll be better with riders than without. Just giving them the same gear as their foot counterparts makes them quite good, because a bunch of them will spawn with the spears and longer weapons. Especially on the Isengard side, since foot orcs get better isengard weapons that warg riders never get access to.

Right now the best strategy for warg riders is to have them dismount at the start of battle and stand in infantry formation like the rest of your snaga, and send in the wargs by themselves. That way they're more effective than with the riders, and when they die you still have the warg riders. I've taken down Elven armies with nothing but riderless wargs running through trampling them while all my orcs chilled back at the spawn point watching.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2011, 12:00:45 am »

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2520.0.html

This does the trick, but won't work with the steam install.  Unlocking the memory causes it to fail to start.  I downloaded a fresh install, and reinstalled the mod over that, and it works like a charm, 300+ battles with max settings and unlimited ragdolls/corpses.  Finally get to see the epic slaughter that a few dozen elves can inflict.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2011, 12:21:29 am »

Unfortunately I bought M&B through eSellerate back when Taleworlds sold through them. M&B was still in beta and only cost 15$ in 2003 or 2004. The email I used I can't access any longer, and when trying to get my activation code it sends the email to my old non-functional email address.

Am I stuck making a decision about rather or not to spend my limited funds on purchasing M&B a second time or did Taleworlds keep a list of purchaser's emails from that long ago?

EDIT: Also, yes I tried to get the email address back, but hotmail locked it and they have an automated process that is no help whatsoever, as they skip the part where someone is supposed to get in contact with you.

Basically hotmail sends an email saying someone will contact you shortly within 24 hours, then the next email I get from them is a questionnaire asking how their customer support was, about three days later.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:10:32 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2011, 12:24:50 am »

Unfortunately I bought M&B from eSellerate back when it was still in beta and only cost 15$ in like 2003 or 2004. The email I used I can't access any longer, and when trying to get my activation code it sends the email to my old non-functional email address.

Am I stuck making a decision about rather or not to spend my limited funds on purchasing M&B a second time or did Taleworlds keep a list of purchaser's emails from that long ago?

EDIT: Also, yes I tried to get the email address back, but hotmail locked it and they have an automated process that is no help whatsoever, as they skip the part where someone is supposed to get in contact with you.

Basically they send an email saying someone will contact you shortly within 24 hours, then the next email I get from them is a questionnaire asking how their customer support was, about three days later.

Oh, they did contact you....by emailing the account in question.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19