Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93233 times)

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2011, 12:26:02 am »

i couldnt get it to work :P lol dammit.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2011, 12:33:30 am »

Never mind, you have to sell prisoners at the Barracks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:36:16 am by justinlee999 »

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2011, 01:46:46 am »

i couldnt get it to work :P lol dammit.

Did you read the instructions?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2011, 05:36:36 am »

EuchreJack, Kivish Zokun; I lost the battle, pretty horribly. I wasn't playing as Rohan, so I have no skirmishers, and while Dol Amroth knights are powerful the AI just loves to ride into trees and get hacked to pieces by infantry.

To keep the AI from using this tactical flaw, I usually set my calvary to follow me instead of charge.  Thus, they keep moving and attacking, and don't die from getting swarmed.  But it still works better with skirmishers, to the point that I always set up my heroes as skirmishers.

I was doing this, actually, but my horse got killed from under me so I had to order them to Charge on their own. It's not that effective against elite troops, which I was unfortunately mostly facing, they're just too well armoured. Killed a 100-orc horde with 4 casualties (all only wounded, high surgery skill sure is nice) like that just now, though.

EDIT: Haha, awesome, Gandalf appeared and told me to go to Steward Denethor and now he's riding all around Gondor, presumably trying to rally its lords. Shame there's nothing to do with Denethor, really.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:50:48 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2011, 10:50:31 am »

The Silmarillion is an actual book, referring to the tales of the silmarillion jewels.

What an odd meta-reward.
Not really. Silmarillion simply means the tales of the Silmarils, I guess, so I would be surprised if there didn't exist a book on the subject somewhere in Middle Earth. There's also 'On the Fall of Gondolin' which gives +1 tactics instead of +1 leadership.
There's also
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but it doesn't give any stats, hope it will in the future though.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2011, 11:11:28 am »

I think one of the problems with Isengard and Rohan quests is that they don't take the White Mountains into account for pathfinding, just a "as the crow flies" nearest approach, so you wind up with lots of quests in Pinnath Gelin and such. I haven't played Gondor yet, but I'm guessing quests from Pinnath Gelin would frequently involve messages to the Hornburg and scouting Isengard and the Dunland camp. Hopefully they'll fix that, although it means that Western Gondor would pit you constantly against the Corsairs, since they're the only evil target nearby.

The other fix would be to create a quest to open up the Paths of the Dead, making travel between Gondor and Rohan much easier. Even more interesting if the quest was open to either side. If the White Hand could manage to crush Rohan and then use the Paths to assail northern Gondor...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2011, 11:14:00 am »

You're right about that. Doing quests in Erech and... the city that starts with C often involved going to Edoras, or West Emnet, etc. After I realized what was up, I simply stopped doing those quests.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2011, 03:36:37 pm »

Got a nice trait from reaching Champion of Gondor (8) - Steward's Blessing. Reduced recruitment costs and ability to order around Gondorian forces, nice.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2011, 04:35:48 pm »

You get the same with any faction once you hit 8 rank level with them.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2011, 08:42:10 pm »

Man, M&B AI is so terrible.

Early in a Gondor game I was trying to save a Gondor group who was getting their asses kicked. I went in with the stupid cavalry, who all died after performing a brilliant charge directly into the mass of infantry. I think out of 15 or so of them they got 2 kills, Faramir was with them and managed another 3 kills by himself. I rode around picking them off with my spear and killed 30 or so orcs solo before taking an arrow to the head (I hadn't managed to buy a helmet yet).

The Gondor infantry were still outnumbered two to one, but managed to kill all but three of the orcs before dieing. It was 6 archers vs 3 orc infantry at range, one of them an elite unit with the better armor and a shield and axe but the other two were armed with clubs and had nothing. The archers killed the two weak orcs on approach and put 2 arrows in the other one when he suddenly decided to lower his shield (yay artificial stupidity), then swapped to weapons as the last one got closer (they had plenty of time to shoot him again, one more arrow would have killed the orc for sure, but nooo). They just kinda stood there attempting to swap between bow and sword repeatedly while the orc smashed three of them one by one, taking 2-3 hits per archer. Finally the other three decided to charge it with their swords. They all ran in and hit its shield, breaking it. Then they stopped and stood there while it chopped them all down one by one with its 1h axe, again taking multiple hits each. Right before the last archer died he finally decided to swing his sword again, but it was too late (blocking the axe headed for his skull instead might have helped).

The weird thing is, the orcs didn't capture me - I just popped out of the thing and it said Faramir was defeated in battle. I was able to kite the orc around a bit as I healed up, then go in and finish him off. I inherited the 30 unconscious Gondor troops that the single orc had taken prisoner, which I gave to Minas Tirith for enough resource points to finally buy me a good helmet.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2011, 12:34:49 am »

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2011, 12:58:05 pm »

One, you can't post nudity on this forum.

Two, that's not nudity.  That's a man's chest.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2011, 01:37:13 pm »

finally got it to work is aiiight. haha

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2011, 01:45:27 pm »

It appears that there is a joke about 3 feet above your head.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2011, 02:12:30 pm »

It appears that there is a joke about 3 feet above your head.

There is NOTHING funny about violating the rules of this forum with tasteless nudity
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19