Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93239 times)

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2011, 02:54:40 pm »

Is there any way to get a Uruk-Hai mounted?

There is a reward from Sauramon which is basically a huge warg that a Uruk can ride. I can confirm that an orc can't ride it as it encounters the same problem when humans try to ride one. This might be a bug though, so it might turn up when a uruk s riding it as well.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2011, 03:03:28 pm »

Interesting. I installed the new patch, loaded it up, and... I seem to have lost the ability to cross rivers.

So that might be a problem. I checked the forums, and it seems like it's something they are working on.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2011, 03:07:51 pm »

Nothing is more terrifying than facing Rohan with infantry, nothing.

Finaly hit level 8, as an Uruk Hai, haven't had this much fun with MB in ages.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2011, 03:42:32 pm »

So much this. Has any one found a way of fighting them well that doesn't involve a very huge numerical superiority? Even if you form tight squares those elite skirmishers can still ride right through the mass, and the orcs and Uruk-hai despite supposedly fighting an enemy where every other troop has a bow, don't consistently carry shields. I've relied quite heavily on warg parties instead of infantry to catch and fight Rohan.

I'm given to experimenting with ranged troops against Rohirrim riders though. I've seen how many horsemen these trackers seem to take care of while fighting mass battles with allied generals. The problem being that uruk-hai are far less prevalent than orc snaga so it'll take a very long while to train them up a descent sized party.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2011, 05:16:08 pm »

So were all the random little things labeled as 'fixed in svn' or something on their forums bug list fixed in this patch?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2011, 05:20:09 pm »

So were all the random little things labeled as 'fixed in svn' or something on their forums bug list fixed in this patch?
I believe an SVN is basically something that automatically downloads updates to your computer once they're availabe.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2011, 05:35:46 pm »

I believe an SVN is basically something that automatically downloads updates to your computer once they're availabe.

SVN refers to the revision control. When they say SVN, they mean the next update.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2011, 05:37:41 pm »

SVN refers to the revision control. When they say SVN, they mean the next update.
Then where the hell did I get what I said from?...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2011, 05:44:02 pm »

Then where the hell did I get what I said from?...
Well, there are programs that are set to download the current SVN files, which are also commonly referred to as the SVN.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2011, 06:47:12 pm »

So much this. Has any one found a way of fighting them well that doesn't involve a very huge numerical superiority? Even if you form tight squares those elite skirmishers can still ride right through the mass, and the orcs and Uruk-hai despite supposedly fighting an enemy where every other troop has a bow, don't consistently carry shields. I've relied quite heavily on warg parties instead of infantry to catch and fight Rohan.

I'm given to experimenting with ranged troops against Rohirrim riders though. I've seen how many horsemen these trackers seem to take care of while fighting mass battles with allied generals. The problem being that uruk-hai are far less prevalent than orc snaga so it'll take a very long while to train them up a descent sized party.

Get all your guys to clump around a group of trees, or find a steep hill. Once the riders stop moving the infantry units will smash them to shit. I also find using wargs and wolves helpfull, it'll stop the enemy riding as a horde and spread them everywhere, meaning you only have to worry about a few at a time.

The only other thing to do is to have heaps more units than the other guy.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2011, 07:54:04 pm »

EuchreJack, Kivish Zokun; I lost the battle, pretty horribly. I wasn't playing as Rohan, so I have no skirmishers, and while Dol Amroth knights are powerful the AI just loves to ride into trees and get hacked to pieces by infantry.

Ouch.  Yeah, the AI is awesome with skirmishers but downright lousy with knights.

Awesome AI tactic: Ride up to that large mass of enemy troops, stop, and hack them.

To keep the AI from using this tactical flaw, I usually set my calvary to follow me instead of charge.  Thus, they keep moving and attacking, and don't die from getting swarmed.  But it still works better with skirmishers, to the point that I always set up my heroes as skirmishers.

Regarding battle tactics versus Rohan, and fighting as evil in general, I offer two tips not already mentioned:

1) Orcs aren't warriors.  They're the chumps you recruit to carry your warrior's stuff, so that you can hire more warriors.  (Orcs don't really carry anyone's stuff, I just like to imagine that my orcs are actually baggage carriers, to explain how one orc boosts your troop limit by two.  In essence, for every orc you hire, you can also hire an extra troop that is actually worth the cost).  Specifically, Uruks kick ass, even at the lowest level when they only have a falchion.

2) Uruks and humans can often evolve into pikemen variants.  I think they're marginally better versus Rohan than other infantry...despite that fact that the supposed pikemen often spawn without pikes...

It's not save compatible, though. I don't think I'll download this just yet.

I had the same thought, but I'll probably just sell everything and port my current character into the updated version.  Although, I'm really gonna miss my sweet 40 armor.  And the I imagine the resource transfer to be less than ideal.

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2011, 08:24:11 pm »

2) Uruks and humans can often evolve into pikemen variants.  I think they're marginally better versus Rohan than other infantry...despite that fact that the supposed pikemen often spawn without pikes...

After a quick test I think the Uruk pikeman are fixed in this update. Although the dwarven spear line still seems completely broke  :-\

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2011, 09:31:50 pm »

It seems I was wrong about Orcs.  They don't boost your troop limit like I thought.

I thought they boosted your troop limit by two, thus allowing an unlimited Orc force.  That is completely and udderly wrong.

In reality, every two orcs boost your troop limit by one.  In effect, they count as half a unit.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2011, 09:33:33 pm »

It seems I was wrong about Orcs.  They don't boost your troop limit like I thought.

I thought they boosted your troop limit by two, thus allowing an unlimited Orc force.  That is completely and udderly wrong.

In reality, every two orcs boost your troop limit by one.  In effect, they count as half a unit.

That is what I got.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2011, 11:42:25 pm »

The Silmarillion is an actual book, referring to the tales of the silmarillion jewels.

What an odd meta-reward.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19