Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93230 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2011, 07:40:05 pm »

You think the dwarven reward weapon is powerful? Try one of the reward swords.

Sword of Eorl from Rohan, costs 30 influence and only requires rank 5 (super easy to get just riding around saving their little parties). Swing 40 pierce, thrust 30 pierce, speed 130, reach 100, one handed - and bonus against shields just like an axe. Theres also a Mirkwood 2h reward sword with 50 pierce damage swing, 45 pierce thrust, 120 speed, 120 range - but it requires rank 10, and the Mirkwood elves are harder to find in combat than Rohan (which is constantly being beat down by Isengard and Dunlanders).

Sword of Eorl is super easy to get. Save 10 scout parties from overwhelming odds - which could just mean a group of 20 orcs or dunlanders - and you got it.

It's like in one weapon you get the speed of a dagger, the hitting power and range of a two handed sword, the piercing damage of a spear (what? does it have pointy bits along the blade?), the shield breaking ability of an axe, and the ability to use a shield with it with no penalty.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:56:51 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2011, 08:52:23 pm »

What are the evil rewards like?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2011, 09:06:13 pm »

Is the galadhrim bow reward from lothlorien the same as one you can buy or what?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2011, 09:22:06 pm »

Is the galadhrim bow reward from lothlorien the same as one you can buy or what?
I was wondering about that too, so i never got it.
You could savescum.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2011, 09:55:10 pm »

I was wondering about that too, so i never got it.
You could savescum.
Pretty sure it would save when I left town to look at the inventory.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2011, 10:06:22 pm »

It never autosaves.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2011, 10:14:46 pm »

The rewards for evil are just as great as the good side - it's only their general equipment of the troops that sucks, you can still personally be superman.

You can get some of the same stuff that Good can get - map of middle earth, Silmarillion, smith hammer. The Khand have a nice rank 10 reward that boosts leadership, but its hard to get that much rank with them. Top rank with Mordor gets you a badass helmet like the one the Witch King of Angmar wore in the movies and gives charisma, prisoner management, and ironflesh boosts. The Haradrim have a badass sword like the Mirkwood sword that only takes 35 influence. It gives +1 power strike when equipped.

From my experience, all the ones that are named the same are the same except for modifiers attached. They're often masterwork (for weapons) or lordly (for armor) variations of the pieces, which you could theoretically buy given enough time checking the shops.

I believe the bow you get for that reward is a "strong" version.

It never autosaves.

It autosaves if you set it to autosave when you start the game. It's an option. I always leave it to let me save whenever I want, especially in mods that may have bugs - just so I can make multiple saves and swap among them every day I play. That way if a terrible bug shows up and ruins one I can go to one of the backups.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2011, 10:22:35 pm »

Also, I have noticed a couple of ??bugs??.

Orcs have two falchions, both with the same stats from the item editor. Falchion A and Falcion B.

Isengard has Large Iruk Hai, but no Large Uruk Hai.

No taking orcs/goblins prisoner is screwing up a couple of commander captures.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2011, 10:36:31 pm »

Assassination attempts is glitched badly, good guys have auto win and the evil have auto loose.
I started a evil char but it seemed to be even more bugged than playing on the good side.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2011, 10:41:58 pm »

Assassination attempts is glitched badly, good guys have auto win and the evil have auto loose.
I started a evil char but it seemed to be even more bugged than playing on the good side.

I noticed that, too.

Also, Dwarves look like they're evil when you try to talk to them as good.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2011, 11:03:44 pm »

From Sauron I've gotten..

A crebain bird thing from the movies and books that extends my spotting by 3.
A huge warg I can't ride because every few steps it keeps stopping me
Some sort of portable electric cooking cauldron that increases morale by 20
A bangle (evil tongue) like thing that increases my power strike by +1 that I keep in the inventory
Some sort of food that I keep in my inventory that increases pathfinding.
And some sort of food that increases weapons proficiency.
The map of middle earth.
and the Silmarillion.

I keep getting sent to the fields of Pennath Gelin (directly south of Rohan across a huge impassable mountain range) on missions. I have a feeling that the Uruk-hai generals are doing this on purpose. They see a rising star before Isengard, and they want to send it to isolated, far away place, with no logistics, deep in enemy territory, and away from her main force garrisoned at the Pizza where this actor can't threaten the political stability of the higher echelons. What they forget is that I have a sizeable party of warg riders of varying ranks with me, and I'm one Pennath patrol party short of the demanded quota of the southern campaign...

PS, don't swear any oaths of vengeance at the burials of enemy generals. Not only can you not complete them, you will gain a particularly awful trait with it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2011, 11:05:48 pm »

Which is another bug

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2011, 11:13:02 pm »

and the Silmarillion.

A copy of the book?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2011, 11:24:36 pm »

Yes it was a book (I don't actually know what the title Silmarillion denotes in the book though). It gives one leadership.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2011, 11:26:03 pm »

The Silmarillion is an actual book, referring to the tales of the silmarillion jewels.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19