Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93189 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2011, 10:06:20 pm »

So Isengard sacked West Emnet right before I was about to recruit the Rohirrim companion there.  Does the companion move to a different town or is he dead forever?  Or does the town respawn eventually after being sacked?
which companion is there? I know that what-her-name could be found somewhere else.
and no, towns does not get restored.

I believe he means Ulfras.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2011, 01:10:07 am »

I'm loving the mod, but it would certainly be better if at least one[i/] quest for Saruman wasn't completely and udderly bugged.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2011, 05:13:44 am »

Having an army of Rangers at my command is glorious. My guys pop out of the woods, blot out the sun with arrow fire, and slaughter mass numbers of anyone in my way before I have to pull them out. I'm taking out war parties four times my band of fifty's size with no difficulty.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2011, 06:49:19 am »

Jeeze this mod crashes a lot.  Other than that, I really enjoy it!

Try lowering your graphics settings, the mod is alot more intense than normal mount and blade. I had some crashes but turned rag dolls off, havent had any since.

Fighting with a bunch of one type of troop (cavalry, archers, infantry) gives you Commander traits (I got Infantry Commander on my dwarf) which gives you a hotkey in battle ('h') to heal the chosen troop type. I always hit it after they take one big wave of goblins and before they take the next wave, although im not sure if it's helping or not since generally they massacre the orcs without much trouble either way.

How long does this take, my dwarfs level 25 and I havent got that trait yet??

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2011, 06:51:36 am »

Having an army of Rangers at my command is glorious. My guys pop out of the woods, blot out the sun with arrow fire, and slaughter mass numbers of anyone in my way before I have to pull them out. I'm taking out war parties four times my band of fifty's size with no difficulty.
Get the elves, they got piercing damage bows so they'll shred armored troops too
and dont fight in mirkwood.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2011, 08:57:08 am »

Jeeze this mod crashes a lot.  Other than that, I really enjoy it!

Try lowering your graphics settings, the mod is alot more intense than normal mount and blade. I had some crashes but turned rag dolls off, havent had any since.

Yeah I read that on the Forums.  I am scaling it back but I have a hard time disabling things, especially since my machine should run it fine, three times over.  Granted, it's probably the mod, not the machine.  Thanks for the advice though.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2011, 12:30:51 pm »

I love this mod but... anyone noticed the ungodly amount of bad guys swarming all around Minas Tirith and the way to Rohan? Case in point.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I especially love the 'no retreat possible' thing I've got going on here. I got 300+ troops after me from Cain Andros, tried to flee to Minas Tirith only for the rest to appear, made a desperate turn for Rohan but to no avail. I haven't even tried this fight yet, but it's kinda obvious what's going to happen. It kinda sucks that I'll lose all my elite troops. My beautiful Veteran Dol Amroth Knights I've fought with since they were lowly Squires, sob sob.

I doubt that even if I beat the first battle and get to retreat I'll survive. They're all around me, they'd just catch up with me again.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2011, 01:57:47 pm »

It seems like rohan and gondor have it pretty tough at the mo. Which I guess is lore accurate although mordor does seem to have a lot of war parties.

You could win your battle if you have enough Dol Amroth Knights, those boys are good, a high tactics score (so they get less reinforcements) and some luck. If your struggling you could just turn the difficulty down for the battle ;), it would only even things out.

Also if you win the first round you should be able to retreat.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:02:12 pm by Kivish Zokun »

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2011, 02:02:26 pm »

It's really hard and boring to start and get to level 8. I'm thinking of importing my 37th level char from Warband, but then I would feel guilty as if I was cheating, but damn it's hard to get started. There's fedex quests all over the place. What do you guys do at the beggining?

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2011, 02:05:06 pm »

If your bored cheat your way to level 8, give yourself some moneys then turn off the cheats!

I killed tribal orcs and did a ton of delivery quests. Boring but if you try and solo the orcs it goes fairly quickly.

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2011, 02:06:06 pm »

I dunno, you should be able to take that pretty easily.  I'm taking 5:1 odds with 0 losses.  Just do the battles manually, lure the orcs into charging with a few archers, and then countercharge with your cavalry.  I don't even have to fight, orc troops are just that terrible.  I got bored pretty quickly because of this.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2011, 02:15:07 pm »

I dunno, you should be able to take that pretty easily.  I'm taking 5:1 odds with 0 losses.  Just do the battles manually, lure the orcs into charging with a few archers, and then countercharge with your cavalry.  I don't even have to fight, orc troops are just that terrible.  I got bored pretty quickly because of this.

I usually get goblins with wargs so that ain't really easy for me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2011, 02:25:47 pm »

When I get home, I'm checking it out. It sounds too epic to pass up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2011, 02:49:46 pm »

Hmmm, my Lothlorien Knights make mincemeat of even warg riders iwthout too much trouble.  I dunno what I'm doing differently and I'm not really any good at M&B.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2011, 02:53:41 pm »

Hmmm, my Lothlorien Knights make mincemeat of even warg riders iwthout too much trouble.  I dunno what I'm doing differently and I'm not really any good at M&B.

I don't get Knights at the beggining, also I'm Dudendain or whatever. That might be the difference.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19