Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93158 times)

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile

Allow me to say that this looks kind of awesome:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3350
This mod has about 50 bajillion different things awesome, so I guess just go to the MODDB site:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-days

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2465.0.html?PHPSESSID=3d1fvhbem0eil8jtmirfdtnr84

Should provide a solution.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:30:45 pm by Samio »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 09:59:06 pm »

Terrible OP, why not link to the thread at least?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199243.0.html

Or the moddb information page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-days

It's one of the best mods for Mount and Blade .808 finally ported to the current version.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 10:11:44 pm »

Protip: Don't use the first link for the download.  Takes three times as long.

Definitely looks cool, downloading now.  Thanks OP!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 10:19:33 pm »

Is this Mount and Blade or is it Warband?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 10:25:38 pm »

Mount and Blade. Finally, a good reason to dust off that old disc again!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 10:31:54 pm »

Oh man, I was gonna play batman when I got home. But this looks fantastic.

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 05:50:40 am »

Oh my god it's finally been ported :O!! I've been playing mount and blade since the early betas, this was one of the best mods, cant believe it's been ported awesome!!!!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 06:41:01 am »

Oh w00t. I still have 0.808 installed JUST so I can play The Last Days from time to time. I beat it as the Rohirrim, and have a Gondorian game that's close (only one Great Host of Barad-Dur remains). Will be downloading at some point tonight.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 11:24:29 am »

Oh man, just when I was about to continue my Aurora LP.

Now I'll never get back to Aurora  ;D
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 04:00:43 pm »

Terrible OP, why not link to the thread at least?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199243.0.html

Or the moddb information page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-days

It's one of the best mods for Mount and Blade .808 finally ported to the current version.
My apologies, milord.  :(

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 06:31:27 pm »

It's quite fun.

Playing as an orc is a bit odd, though, as some of the dialogue for quests remains unchanged.

Ograk to Grishnak:

"Why certainly! I was planning on passing by Minas Morgul anyway, so it should be no trouble to deliver your message!" or something like that.

So polite.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 06:43:36 pm »

It's quite fun.

Playing as an orc is a bit odd, though, as some of the dialogue for quests remains unchanged.

Ograk to Grishnak:

"Why certainly! I was planning on passing by Minas Morgul anyway, so it should be no trouble to deliver your message!" or something like that.

So polite.

Just imagine it's in a really sarcastic tone, and it sort of fits...

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 07:15:23 pm »

Playing as a dwarf is weird. Took me a bit to get used to the fact that the third person camera is way above him. It's funny though, several times now I've had enemy cavalry run by and try to hit me but barely miss since I'm so short. The warg riders are low enough to whack me every time, but the Rhun guys seem to miss a lot. Jumping in the air and whacking Rhun cavalry off their horses is hilarious and epic though. My first fight with Rhun guys I had a big two handed stick and I leaped into the air and knocked 5 of them off their horses with the club. Wound up buying my first bow selling after the prisoners to Dale.

My party of dwarves is hopelessly slow on the map though. Everything outruns me. I have 5 pathfinding and moving through the forest was giving me a speed of 2.2.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 07:27:31 am »

Playing as a dwarf is weird. Took me a bit to get used to the fact that the third person camera is way above him. It's funny though, several times now I've had enemy cavalry run by and try to hit me but barely miss since I'm so short. The warg riders are low enough to whack me every time, but the Rhun guys seem to miss a lot. Jumping in the air and whacking Rhun cavalry off their horses is hilarious and epic though. My first fight with Rhun guys I had a big two handed stick and I leaped into the air and knocked 5 of them off their horses with the club. Wound up buying my first bow selling after the prisoners to Dale.

My party of dwarves is hopelessly slow on the map though. Everything outruns me. I have 5 pathfinding and moving through the forest was giving me a speed of 2.2.

Dwarves seem to be horrifically slow in the forest but do pretty good for unmounted on the open plains.

My "complaint" is that I'd forgotten how freakin' HARD it is to get started in TLD. The old version at least had the exploit where you could get the "Hunt Goblins" quest for that neutral bandit king guy, and then as long as you hadn't fully completed it, you could turn it in over and over and over to rack up some gold, so you could score some decent gear to get you started.

Poor Khorin Steeltooth has been playing postman all the way to Rivendell and back, has killed at least two dozen orcs from Mt. Gundabad, and commands a hearty little squad of dwarves. And he's still basically wearing a t-shirt and using a cracked mining pick as a weapon, because I can't afford anything better.  :'(

Troops seem to upgrade crazy fast, even without Training skill, which causes me to be unable to afford them. It'd be nice if the game gave you some resource points for turning them back over to the cities, so that you could earn money by training up low-level troops. Also not crazy about most starting characters starting off with spears and other polearms. Probably the most useless of melee weapons until you're mounted, and you can't afford a mount for quite a while.

There's also the problem that orcs (not uruks) are pretty short too, so it's easy to miss them unless you actively aim low. Took some getting used to. I'm hoping they still have cave trolls in the game. Although the models for the .808 were butt-ugly, they could wreak some havoc unless you had a good lance and a strong charger--in which case you could impale them with a couched lance and take 'em out in one or two hits.

Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with the result. Looking forward to seeing what legendary items each faction eventually has to offer.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 08:15:58 am »

Troops seem to upgrade crazy fast, even without Training skill, which causes me to be unable to afford them. It'd be nice if the game gave you some resource points for turning them back over to the cities, so that you could earn money by training up low-level troops.
You can do that, atleast i can do that when playing elf.
Which, by the way, Is silly easy with only archers.

How to get traits anyway?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19