Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93162 times)

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 09:54:29 pm »

Though doing that gets me stuck in a mountain in mordor.

That's what one gets for trying to simply walk into Mordor...

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 09:59:43 pm »

Though doing that gets me stuck in a mountain in mordor.

That's what one gets for trying to simply walk into Mordor...
I just simply teleport into mordor.
Would have it a lot easier for the hobbits if they could too.

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 10:28:26 pm »

Same thing happened to me and I always reloaded.  BUT I just figured out that if you "Camp here for some time" it will remember where you were.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 10:23:46 pm »

Played a bit more today, and I finally got to the war. Sure enough, it starts at level eight. What can I say, I'm a slow leveler.

Had a nice surprise when fighting wargs again. Rather than taunting me from afar, they charged straight at me at hit my lines before my men could even get fully into formation. Quite surprising. It's good to see the AI mixing its approach.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2011, 11:16:41 pm »

Played a bit more today, and I finally got to the war. Sure enough, it starts at level eight. What can I say, I'm a slow leveler.

Had a nice surprise when fighting wargs again. Rather than taunting me from afar, they charged straight at me at hit my lines before my men could even get fully into formation. Quite surprising. It's good to see the AI mixing its approach.
They either try to flank you on your left or they make a feeble charge.
My thoughts so far, formed from the safe side of an arrow - Elven archers is seriously lethal, trolls are too slow and riderless wargs is just an annoyance.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 11:44:57 pm »

I've gotten a quest to go grab a cave troll for Saruman

Trouble is, I can't battle them. I catch up to them, "prepare to die!" at them, and then am only given the option to disengage.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 12:44:25 am »

Trouble is, I can't battle them. I catch up to them, "prepare to die!" at them, and then am only given the option to disengage.

Sounds like your problem is that you're trying to give trolls to the enemy.
... and then it explodes!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 12:51:58 am »

Sounds like your problem is that you're trying to give trolls to the enemy.
Not as the uruk-hai.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 04:10:43 am »

Wow, sweet

Also, I looked around the forums there a bit and saw Ron Losey is interested in making a realistic combat model addition to the mod. I highly recommend his work. It will make unarmored combat much more brutal rather than feeling hit point based where you have a pool of hit points and your naked guy gets slashed with a sword 5 times before falling down.

Here is the thread. http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2492.15.html

Also I recommend not questioning the man's experience. From what I've read in his posts back around 2004 or 2005ish he is a uniquely qualified individual for designing a realistic combat model. I say this because probably  unlike most of us he has experience in whacking chainmail and probably various other armor types with various weapons and observing the results. This and a nearly encyclopedic knowledge of an impressive array of historical culture's weaponry, along with other experiences have enabled him to do impressive work in the past in his realistic combat models for various M&B mods, including an optional one for .808 TLD which I played the crap out of back in 2005, along with his RCM for the Mesoamerican Mod and also Onin no Ran.

Generally in my experience I enjoyed the mods a great deal more with Ron's RCM. His work was excellent.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:44:53 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2011, 06:18:24 am »

It's a bug, some has already brought it up on the mbx boards and the modders said it will be fixed in the next patch.

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2011, 09:37:59 am »

So Isengard sacked West Emnet right before I was about to recruit the Rohirrim companion there.  Does the companion move to a different town or is he dead forever?  Or does the town respawn eventually after being sacked?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2011, 07:05:05 pm »

Is there any list of traits and how to get them? I got bravery a while back but that's it, wondering what I have to do to get more delicious traits.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2011, 07:16:57 pm »

So Isengard sacked West Emnet right before I was about to recruit the Rohirrim companion there.  Does the companion move to a different town or is he dead forever?  Or does the town respawn eventually after being sacked?
which companion is there? I know that what-her-name could be found somewhere else.
and no, towns does not get restored.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2011, 07:52:54 pm »

Jeeze this mod crashes a lot.  Other than that, I really enjoy it!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2011, 09:55:47 pm »

Is there any list of traits and how to get them? I got bravery a while back but that's it, wondering what I have to do to get more delicious traits.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:57:57 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19