Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93157 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]
« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2011, 07:48:01 am »

That, or elves are just too tasty to turn down.

But yeah, I think that's working as designed. Can't remember a game where I've captured elves either.

I fixed the assault problem by turning the number of corpses down from Unlimited to 40. Makes sense....I think it was crashing when the 2nd or 3rd wave of reinforcements would spawn in, and crashed because it was already having to remember and draw a couple hundred corpses.

So my Gondorian knight was able to head north and join Celeborn and about 400 Lothlorien elves in stomping a mudhole in Dol Guldur's northern outpost. Note: if you're ever assaulting or defending with elves....play it out rather than autocombat. Elves are a holy terror in actual combat. I think it went something like 4 losses for me, 38 for the elves, 379 for the orcs. And that was with us on attack.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 23, 2011, 09:57:21 am »

Oh hey I found a new trait: Berserker: It gives +2 strength and you can press H to restore some of your health in battle.

Turns out you get it by fighting naked a lot :p, I ended up getting it due to being having sold my one piece of starting armor to buy a horse.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2011, 12:39:36 pm »

Elves are pretty darn absurd and orcs have overall bad equipment and stats. I can't fight patrols of 40 elves with my mixed troop of 70 consisting of uruks and orc riders, at least not without heavy losses. They're not impossible to beat if you use riders to draw most of the arrows while infantry gets up close, but they're also VERY strong on melee.
An elven soldier did over 100 damage to me in a single swing, with a one handed sword. Ok, so I had no body armor, but holy hell.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2011, 09:21:56 pm »

Elven armor is so good it's ridiculous, have you seen the stats on the Rivendell Leader Armor? And their regular warhorses boast better stats than Gondor's special reward horse.

In any case, has anyone every found a chest or some way to store items?

Also, it turns out listening to rumors is now actually useful to some degree.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2011, 12:01:26 am »

So Uruks can get mounts with the Huge Warg. Only problem is that they have to rely on Dunlendings for lances.

Anyway, armoured trolls do lethal damage. Good to know.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2011, 09:23:27 am »

Elven armor is so good it's ridiculous, have you seen the stats on the Rivendell Leader Armor? And their regular warhorses boast better stats than Gondor's special reward horse.

In any case, has anyone every found a chest or some way to store items?

Also, it turns out listening to rumors is now actually useful to some degree.

I have noticed there is an open-able chest near Galadriel, haven't tried to leave anything there though.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2011, 09:29:03 am »

Really? I've been the one in Moria. I'll have to move it over then.

Also, anyone found out what:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2011, 06:31:31 pm »

Mordor haves the best Uruk armors, but barely any uruks. Isengard has the msot uruks, but their armor is slightly worse. And some elven units have more armor then high grade dwarf units, while being excellent bowmen and strong weapons combined with alot of power strike skill and ironflesh.

I get the feeling the creator of this marvelous mod not only REEEEALLY wants to good side to win, but also loves elves A LOT.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2011, 08:53:41 pm »

Mordor haves the best Uruk armors, but barely any uruks. Isengard has the msot uruks, but their armor is slightly worse. And some elven units have more armor then high grade dwarf units, while being excellent bowmen and strong weapons combined with alot of power strike skill and ironflesh.

I get the feeling the creator of this marvelous mod not only REEEEALLY wants to good side to win, but also loves elves A LOT.
Hard to balance it with the right feeling due to how M&B works.
Orcs are crappy, but comes in mass, or should do if M&B could field everything at once but then you have the problem of crappy guys stunlocking you to death

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2011, 09:37:30 pm »

To be fair, Elves from Middle-Earth are hardly meant to be the generic "tree loving hippies". Far from it, in fact. They should be pretty dangerous, but perhaps there should be less of them around.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2011, 09:42:31 pm »

To be fair, Elves from Middle-Earth are hardly meant to be the generic "tree loving hippies". Far from it, in fact. They should be pretty dangerous, but perhaps there should be less of them around.
It's more of an issue that the devs seem to hate the lore or something. When people point out that there are passages in the books that suggest that orc armor wasn't complete shit and elf armor wasn't plentiful they act like children. Personally I think the game could be fixed easily by just making armor less horribly unbalanced and unrealistic, while I personally still think elves should be very powerful skill-wise.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2011, 09:52:46 pm »

That's disappointing. In certain respects the mod is quite faithful, making it more so in the name of balance hardly seems like a bad thing.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2011, 10:26:59 pm »

We could, of course, make a Back To Realism patch (or whatever you want to call it) with those changes made, if only to change the gear.

Another change that might be made is the elves slowly getting less numerous as the game goes on, as they go into the west.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2011, 11:42:20 am »

But the thing, as much as the devs claim to be trying to make it faithful to the lore, there are many major things on it that are almost against what the book mentions. Uruks in the lore wear thick armor and are stronger then any man, while in the mod they just have a slightly better str stat and worse armor then most other heavy infantry units. Like you guys mentioned, elves in LoTR ARE extremely skillful and versatile fighters, but their numbers are constantly dwindling throughout middle earth during the war of the ring, while elves come en masse in TLD at any given point. Another thing is how weak ranger units and gondorians are compared to their LoTR counterparts.

Anyway, I just turn down the damage values from full to 1/2 when fighting elves to make it more fair, and I still lose a fair number of soldiers. I think the mod did a good job with orcs, making them numerous, rather disorganized and reckless, but
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2011, 02:13:27 am »

Eh, as far as I know, Tolkien often contradicts or is intentionally vague about what some of the actual situations are. I think they're just picking the side that's most easily implementable.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19