Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93165 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2011, 11:44:18 am »

I got that allied troop turning hostile bug in my current game. I helped an army of 30 corsairs against some enemy scouts, then right after the battle they turned neutral for no reason, so I attacked them. After the battle the enemy corsair commander thanked me for helping them, lol.

Also, is it normal to get cutscenes once in a while? I met a nazgul while heading out from the orc patrol camp (light blue "lone rider" on the map), he screamed SHRIIIIINE... BAGGIIIIINNNSS... at my face, I went like "lolidunno", then he ran away. Nazguls are jerks.

Also, mirkwood elven archers are stupid good. A 5 man scout hit me twice with their arrows at a pretty long distance, while I had my shield up, and each arrow did like, 35 damage through armor.
Anyway, are orc trackers any good? They are branching upgrade path for the orc archer of mordor, with the other being the large orc archer of mordor. Also, were can I get fresh uruk-khai recruits? I'm planning on turning all my melee orcs into warg riders.
Just one more question: When does the war actualy start? Its been nearly a month and I can't attack any fortifications yet and there are only supply caravans and scouts running around.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2011, 01:06:34 pm »

Also, is it normal to get cutscenes once in a while? I met a nazgul while heading out from the orc patrol camp (light blue "lone rider" on the map), he screamed SHRIIIIINE... BAGGIIIIINNNSS... at my face, I went like "lolidunno", then he ran away. Nazguls are jerks.

Just one more question: When does the war actualy start? Its been nearly a month and I can't attack any fortifications yet and there are only supply caravans and scouts running around.

The good guys get Gandalf in that role. Told me to go to the Steward and kept riding around Gondor.

The war starts when you hit level 7 or something close to that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2011, 04:13:39 pm »

I got that allied troop turning hostile bug in my current game. I helped an army of 30 corsairs against some enemy scouts, then right after the battle they turned neutral for no reason, so I attacked them. After the battle the enemy corsair commander thanked me for helping them, lol.

Troops obviously mutinied.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2011, 12:09:49 pm »

Also, mirkwood elven archers are stupid good. A 5 man scout hit me twice with their arrows at a pretty long distance, while I had my shield up, and each arrow did like, 35 damage through armor.
Anyway, are orc trackers any good? They are branching upgrade path for the orc archer of mordor, with the other being the large orc archer of mordor. Also, were can I get fresh uruk-khai recruits? I'm planning on turning all my melee orcs into warg riders.

Are you Isengard or Mordor (I'm guessing Mordor since you were close enough to run into Corsairs)? Uruks are pretty rare for Mordor, but I can usually find a couple up in Morannon. Isengard has substantially more uruks available.

I'm kind of wondering the same thing about trackers vs. large orc archers. IIRC, the main advantage to getting morgul orcs and orc trackers in the OLD version was that you'd get these "infiltration" missions to rescue a captured general or assassinate a black sorcerer or something. And you could take troops along with you, but each troop increased your chance of being detected, offset by them having pathfinding skills. The trackers and morgul orcs had pathfinding while the archers and fell orcs didn't.

Don't know if those missions are still in this version, because nobody's been captured yet.

Also, assaults are heavily bugged. It's rare that I get through one without it crashing. Which is sadface because siege assaults are some of my favorite things in vanilla M&B. And from what I can see, they're even more fun in TLD. Multiple assault points and a variety of layouts.
Cair Andros? Tough nut to crack.
Orc outpost in Mirkwood? WHO FORGOT TO BUILD A DAMN FENCE?!!!?  :P

I'm hoping they get that patched soon (and without breaking version compatibility) in time for some epic assaults on Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2011, 04:24:18 pm »

Yea, I started again as an uruk from Isengard. Is it me or are uruk pikemen substantialy more useful then large uruks of isengard? The latter are basicaly only snagas with much better armor and better stats but the same lousy weapon, while pikemen have, well, pikes. Overall Isengard seems better then mordon in every aspect except in regards to warg riders, Isengard's wolf/warg riders only real use seem to distract the enemy's main force so the strong infantry can do the beating.

Next time I'll try a good guy, most likely a dwarf.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2011, 04:30:32 pm »

RedKing, a possible solution (it worked for me) is to lower all your graphics settings to the lowest possible. It looks bad, but it plays much better.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2011, 05:25:11 pm »

I just finished Saruman's "get me sum trolls" quest, brought him a pair of them. He offered me one to command, and I asked for an armored one, and he gave me. The result is an invincible juggernaut of doom with 255 strenght, maxed out power strike and ironflesh... With an upkeep of 4,5k

Holy crap, I guess its useful when you want a sure way to win a battle in less then one week. I'll have to give him to the hunting camp's barracks.

I wonder how rohan will feel when they try to besiege it :P
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2011, 05:31:35 pm »

You only have to pay upkeep weekly, don't you? And don't trolls do bashing damage?

If so, use him to capture lots and lots of soldiers. He also freaks out horses, so he's good against Rohan.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2011, 06:24:20 pm »

Yea but I'm still very early into the game, the war isn't even close to starting yet so there's no real armies running around.
But it doesn't matter, I told him to haul his ass back to isengard and got nearly 10k resources out of it :P
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2011, 06:25:12 pm »

Ah, cool. I'm not entirely sure if that keeps him around, though.

Anyway, going to have to try that.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »

I've also noticed that trolls have the ability to whack your own troops if they're too close supporting him. This happened to me as I was helping out the Moria hosts against the elves.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2011, 09:39:42 pm »

I seem to have become unable to get prisoners, for some reason :S, my prisoner management skill is at 3, and I knock a fair number of enemies down fighting small mirkwood, rivendell and lothlorien patrols but it seems the game skips the prisoner screen entirely. Missing alot of resource points with that :C
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2011, 09:46:18 pm »

Report the bug. They might have a fix for it.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2011, 10:13:45 pm »

I seem to have become unable to get prisoners, for some reason :S, my prisoner management skill is at 3, and I knock a fair number of enemies down fighting small mirkwood, rivendell and lothlorien patrols but it seems the game skips the prisoner screen entirely. Missing alot of resource points with that :C

I know that in the old TLD, orcs were incapable of taking elves as prisoners. I expect that is still the case.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2011, 05:03:45 am »

I know that in the old TLD, orcs were incapable of taking elves as prisoners. I expect that is still the case.

Those who propagate imperialism deserves nothing better than summary execution when captured. That's what the elves get for placing the peoples (and by peoples I mean men and orcs) of middle earth under their heel of colonial tyranny. The treason of their human puppets can be overlooked up to a certain point.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:08:01 am by Flare »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19