Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod [Steam Users Possible Solution]  (Read 93210 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade: The Third Age Mod
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2011, 10:10:20 pm »

One, you can't post nudity on this forum.

Two, that's not nudity.  That's a man's chest.

It appears that there is a joke about 3 feet above your head.

There is NOTHING funny about violating the rules of this forum with tasteless nudity
I lol'd. +1, best new forum user.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2011, 12:39:55 am »

One, you can't post nudity on this forum.

Two, that's not nudity.  That's a man's chest.

She's just really masculine.

Fact: The Rhun joined Sauron as an excuse to get away from the women of their homeland.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:57:46 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2011, 02:35:44 am »

LMAO that was a funny ass pic.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2011, 10:30:51 am »

I believe I've found the route to developing an evil character: slave trading. Mannish/Elven/Dwarven prisoners are worth a buttload of resources points to The Enemy. And taking a horde of orc snagas (most of whom are equipped with clubs) out to ambush a scouting party is a great way to wind up with a handful of prisoners. The war hasn't even started yet and I've got 3k resources with Mordor. And orcs are so cheap that even if you lose ten snagas getting one prisoner, you'll still wind up with a profit.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2011, 12:23:26 pm »

Prisoner trade is insanely lucrative for both sides. It's a great way of getting RPs in the beginning, and everywhere else, really. I just love slave trade.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2011, 12:56:55 pm »

The "free prisoners" quest is terrible when you're playing Isengard.

I can't find any prisoners to free. Orcs and uruks aren't taken prisoner, so that discounts most of the friendly factions (moria, gundabad, mordor, isengard, dol guldur). Then the few factions that ARE taken prisoner rarely seem to lose due to the massive support they get from Mordor and Isengard. Add to that, all the good guy parties don't keep prisoners around - they spawn prison trains, which run straight to the nearest town and dump the prisoners.

Playing the good guys, finding prisoners to free was a cake walk - every evil faction seems to run around with dozens of them, and even the neutral parties like orc stragglers and such are jumping good parties and taking prisoners. But on the bad side I've used cheat mode to check the map, and there is not a SINGLE friendly prisoner on the map. And the quest giver expects me to free 13.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2011, 12:59:39 pm »

how much money do they sell for?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2011, 01:38:22 pm »

how much money do they sell for?
Depends on their level. Your basic Gondor Watchman goes for 66, I think. Next tier up goes for a little over 100. If you get a fairly high tier captive like a veteran ranger of Ithilien, or a upper-tier Rohirrim, you're talking 350-500 resources each. And considering orc snagas are 2 a piece to hire, 1 per week for upkeep, and tend to upgrade to the next tier if they so much as breathe on an enemy in combat....hordes of snagas can provide a good ROI, even with significant losses. (which is kinda true to the setting...orcs were all about having numerical superiority, not individual prowess).

My goal is to raise my female Black Numenorean (Ak-Ziraphel) into a mighty general commanding hundreds of orcs, with a crack contingent of Haradrim or Variag cavalry and maybe a troll or two.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2011, 01:56:58 pm »

I find giving my orcs un-orcish names far more entertaining then I should.

All of Gondor shall learn to fear the name Wilberforce Agincourt Marie.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2011, 02:32:58 pm »

The warg riders have terrible equipment.

They have nothing but short crappy one handed melee weapons. Against cavalry they can't do anything - the wargs can't trample them and the super short weapons can't hit them. The Warg Riders of Isengard only have 2 weapons - Orc Machete's and Orc Scimitars, with reach of 55 and 56. Compared to the Native butcher knife's reach of 60. They hit for even less damage than butcher knives too (20 damage vs 24 on the butcher knife) and the machete can't be used to block. And their lighter armor is weaker than a peasant dress. Their only possible saving grace are the orc darts, but without any skill in horse archery they deal minimal damage and rarely hit their targets.
So basically we have orcs armed with weapons inferior to butcher knives and armor inferior to peasant dresses riding around trying to stab things. No wonder they're completely incompetent.

Isengard Orc snagas get spears and longer, more effective clubs and axes - including some isengard variants that are actually decent weapons. Wolf riders (next tier up) have nothing but clubs and the axe, which are still longer and far more effective than the machete and scimitar. Then warg riders, the third tier, get nothing but the crummy machetes and scimitars.

I've come to the hypothesis that riding wargs damages orc brains. They train with the wargs, fall off a few times, take some minor brain damage - and the other orcs take advantage and convince them to give away all their good weapons because they'd be more badass with nothing but clubs and the occasional axe. Then after a while of fighting on wargs they get some moderate to severe brain damage and decide that their eating utensils should make better weapons.

Considering even the top tier White Hand riders are effectively wearing tattered peasant dresses and waving around rusty butcher knives, I think my hypothesis has some merit.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2011, 07:06:09 pm »

Man i'm having issues with this. So, as a question, are some of you running this off of steam? Would help me a bit if I knew, cheers :)
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2011, 07:34:47 pm »

I don't. But I am pretty sure I have seen an installation guide for people with the steam version on their forums.

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2011, 08:16:07 pm »

This game is finally out I've been waiting for this for years!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2011, 08:28:14 pm »

Ah, must be different then normal then, thankee good sir
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2011, 11:22:19 pm »

This mod is sick wid it :) .
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19