Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Voxatron  (Read 7138 times)

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voxatron
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2011, 06:47:24 pm »

Oh gods of dice and programming, I wish for voxatron to receive:

-User friendly to the max editor
-"Smart" voxels
-More editing...

Imagine being able to build new creatures from voxel - and have more realistic physics - as in they fall over when you shot one leg off... maybe have enemys so tall you have to climb them to hit the weak point - on that note, voxels with some natural resistance (armor like) and of course, weaker voxels - explosive voxels, sticky voxels, round(rolling) voxels, spiky voxels, 1/4 of a voxel-voxels.

-And multyplayer.

Dwarf-Fortress-Voxatron mod - strike the earth with up to 6 friends! Dig yourself out when you get crushed under that falling giant, build and dig (minecraft like - dig a block, get a block). Sounds nice, Y/N?

With the current draw distance, puh-leese. You jump any higher and the floor dissapears.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2011, 08:35:35 pm »

-"Smart" voxels
-More editing...

Imagine being able to build new creatures from voxel - and have more realistic physics - as in they fall over when you shot one leg off... maybe have enemys so tall you have to climb them to hit the weak point - on that note, voxels with some natural resistance (armor like) and of course, weaker voxels - explosive voxels, sticky voxels, round(rolling) voxels, spiky voxels, 1/4 of a voxel-voxels.

-And multyplayer.

Dwarf-Fortress-Voxatron mod - strike the earth with up to 6 friends! Dig yourself out when you get crushed under that falling giant, build and dig (minecraft like - dig a block, get a block). Sounds nice, Y/N?

With the current draw distance, puh-leese. You jump any higher and the floor dissapears.

GERONIMO!

On a more serious note, see also: Fun but hard. I die a lot :/

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2011, 10:32:50 pm »

-"Smart" voxels
-More editing...

-And multyplayer.

According to the dev, the next major feature being added (after a wave of fixes) is going to be a creature editor. From skimming the website it seems that he intends Voxatron to be more of an engine than a simple shooter, focused around being able to make crazy worlds with lots of different styles of gameplay.

Also, for people who are having trouble with mouse control, you can use the numpad to shoot in any direction at any time. If you're on a laptop with only a trackpad you're more than a little screwed though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 02:43:43 am »

If you keep the fire button pressed you keep shooting in a direction. This helps a bit.

I hope the creature editor also allows to edit how the player looks and moves. I can't stop thinking how awesome a heretic TC would be.

Or anytying else, really. The engine is simply awesome.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2011, 04:24:55 am »

According to the dev, the next major feature being added (after a wave of fixes) is going to be a creature editor. From skimming the website it seems that he intends Voxatron to be more of an engine than a simple shooter, focused around being able to make crazy worlds with lots of different styles of gameplay.

Well that sounds like something to look forward to, can't wait to import a friends level with penis monsters shoting the small enemies...

@Ninteen45: Either you are derping or trolling, regardless not worth this line of te--

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2011, 05:53:14 am »

Well that sounds like something to look forward to, can't wait to import a friends level with penis monsters shoting the small enemies...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2011, 02:59:16 pm »

@Ninteen45: Either you are derping or trolling, regardless not worth this line of te--

Okay, I'm invoking a new law. Ninteen's law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Trolls approaches 1.

Also, View field. Too small. I know it won't be fixed, but I'd wish it was.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2011, 04:30:26 pm »

Okay, I'm invoking a new law. Ninteen's law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Trolls approaches 1.

Okay, I'm invoking a few new laws. Magistrate's First Law: As an online community grows larger, the probability of spouting new laws approaches 1.
Magistrate's Second Law: Each time someone retaliates in a conversation, the probability of yet another retaliation increases by 3.7% each time somebody retaliates.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2011, 04:32:08 pm »

Okay, I'm invoking a few new laws. Magistrate's First Law: As an online community grows larger, the probability of spouting new laws approaches 1.
Magistrate's Second Law: Each time someone retaliates in a conversation, the probability of yet another retaliation increases by 3.7% each time somebody retaliates.

freeformschooler's first law: Each time someone retaliates, the probability of the reuse of a previous phrase approaches 1.

:grammarpolice:

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2011, 04:52:07 pm »

If you're on a laptop with only a trackpad you're more than a little screwed though.
This is what USB keyboards are for.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2011, 06:36:36 pm »

Okay, quick & dirty review:

I paid $5 for this game, and got two others bundled in with it. Not that that mattered, I liked what I saw on TIGsource when they ran their features. I beat adventure mode in an hour or two. Not an epic mega story or nothing, but hey, its an early build, so whatever. The beauty of this game shines in the (again, early-stage) level editor. It reminds me of that old motocross game we played in high school, Elastomania. Just in the way that it focuses on user-made content. The levels have a similar feel about them. And most of them are just a grind. I mean, relatively few of us are professional level designers. But it's versatile and I like that. I also like the fact that somebody is working on a sane voxel-editor which doesn't require the player to place blocks one-at-a-time. The control scheme needs a little work. An Abuse-style aiming mechanism would be a more rational choice for key+mouse aiming, so for now I'm using wasd+numpad.

All around a fun little game.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 07:25:49 pm »

I didn't get the Voxatron Debut earlier as I didn't know it was going to turn into a bundle...

Question: Once you pay "more than the minimum required", do you get the whole bundle anyway, even if the minimum raises and/or more games get added? Can there be more than one threshold for getting the "extra"? What if I had bought the bundle before it was a bundle and before there was a threshold defined?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2011, 07:36:07 pm »

I didn't get the Voxatron Debut earlier as I didn't know it was going to turn into a bundle...

Question: Once you pay "more than the minimum required", do you get the whole bundle anyway, even if the minimum raises and/or more games get added? Can there be more than one threshold for getting the "extra"? What if I had bought the bundle before it was a bundle and before there was a threshold defined?
If you pay below the threshold before it's a bundle, you still get all the games. Otherwise, you need to pay more after it's added.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2011, 07:40:41 pm »

Once again.  Always buy the bundle the first day.  There is a huge chance of additions.

And thus I paid $1 for the weak looking Voxatron (which is severely alpha) but got the awesome Binding of Issac for free the next day!
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 07:45:39 pm »

Once again.  Always buy the bundle the first day.  There is a huge chance of additions.

And thus I paid $1 for the weak looking Voxatron (which is severely alpha) but got the awesome Binding of Issac for free the next day!
^Exact same situation for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5