Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Voxatron  (Read 7140 times)

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voxatron
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 06:12:15 pm »

They'll almost certainly be adding The Binding of Isaac and Blocks That Matter, according to someone who did some snooping through the Steam registry.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 08:34:11 pm »

Just finished the Adventure mode a little while ago and had a blast. They did some really creative things with the level design- I didn't expect to see puzzle-ish bits in what looked like just a really pretty twin-stick shooter!

A couple of minutes poking around with the editor reveals that it has quite a lot of capabilities as well. I'll probably hold off on using it much until the monster editor hits, but it seems like this game has huge potential for modded campaigns. Still gonna cross my fingers for increased render distance, though.

EDIT: I suppose I wouldn't be doing the game justice if I didn't pop back to mention how good the soundtrack is. It's really good.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:39:15 pm by Biag »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 12:49:59 am »

Instant purchase here.

$179,797.48 and 49,201 sales in just under 5 hours means they must have done something right.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 03:57:48 am »

Instant purchase here.

$179,797.48 and 49,201 sales in just under 5 hours means they must have done something right.

As few had time to post about their gaming experience yet, I would say the what they did right are the previews ! But the game has a really nice retro felling.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 04:07:55 am »

Not too interested, but I'm willing to throw in one buck and see how it evolves.

(TBH I was going to pay less but I realized that one buck was 0.72 € anyway, and decided not to be that miserly)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 08:17:16 am »

Finished it, messing around with the editor - which I find lacking... sure you can stack things ontop of each other, but you don't have much in the ways of user-friendly-scripting

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 08:20:22 am »

It is still an alpha, the fact that there's any kind of editor at all is pretty nice, and there's some really good user made levels out there too.
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 08:24:44 am »

Yeah, that's another reason why I decided to throw in a buck "to wait and see". If they pull out a nice game, so much for the better (engine's promising. Game premise not so much, imo. I'd like a third-person-shooter remake of Heretic 1 using this engine, though). If they add some other game, so much for the better.  If both go south, it's just a buck.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 08:38:02 am »

The controls are what make it difficult.  I wouldn't mind if they just remove diagonal shooting.  It doesn't work right and just messes up your aim.
Shoes...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 08:40:53 am »

Yeah, especially with the hordes they fling at you.

Mouse based aiming would be fantastic.
*Hugs*

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 08:58:40 am »

Yeah, especially with the hordes they fling at you.

Mouse based aiming would be fantastic.
I wouldn't mind either, but I always seem to diagonal shoot even if moving in one direction.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 09:00:21 am »

I've gotten good at quickly flicking my character in a different direction to shoot and then backing up while the enemies come after me. It's really an excellent game, but the terrain deform is the best part. I wish the jumping was just ever so slightly slower though.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 09:01:45 am »

I've gotten good at quickly flicking my character in a different direction to shoot and then backing up while the enemies come after me.
That's kind of difficult when there's about 10 minotaurs on either side of you though :P
*Hugs*

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 09:03:43 am »

Yeah, that's the other 2/3 of the difficult: not getting surrounded. I've found that using platforms as a way to bait monsters to specific places is a good strategy, but not the best.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2011, 09:04:26 am »

The particular map this happens on has no options for that, it just spawns a massive group one one side and another massive group on the other.

It's Voxacastle in the BBS levels.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5