Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Devlog - consequences of the new death announcements  (Read 16800 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Devlog - consequences of the new death announcements
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2011, 11:34:38 am »

Oh crap, I'm in THAT part of the forum D:

RUUUUUUUN!!!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2011, 11:42:16 am »

Dwarves riding badgers? NEVAR!!!!

Also, aren't the military enough for an order of knights? I'd pick the assaults of soaps vs the knightly order of pristine nobles any day XD

War Dogs standing on top of War Giant Badgers on the other hand....

I think it would be cool to have all animals be able to be trained for war, as a lot of them are pretty useless at the moment. Or maybe just allow them to do little things to help out, like bringing their owners materials for workshop orders, hauling multiple items act a time, ect.

Though I'm always down to see a legendary axedwarf charge into battle with his war peahen.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2011, 11:47:09 am »

Also, aren't the military enough for an order of knights? I'd pick the assaults of soaps vs the knightly order of pristine nobles any day XD

I think it would be cool to have all animals be able to be trained for war, as a lot of them are pretty useless at the moment. Or maybe just allow them to do little things to help out, like bringing their owners materials for workshop orders, hauling multiple items act a time, ect.

Though I'm always down to see a legendary axedwarf charge into battle with his war peahen.

I don't like assigned war animals being treated as pets, I don't want my dwarves getting too luvy duvy over war badgers. Beasts of burden would make very good additions too, helping dwarves haul lotsa stone all FAST LIKE, plus, why not be able to assign animals to animals? A conga line of war dogs chained together perhaps? Would make spotting ambushes and vampires very easy, just look at the dogs, if they've stopped, SOUND THE ALARM! Otherwise, AS YOU WERE DWARVES!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2011, 11:52:14 am »

wonder if one of the tells will be in the animal reactions to the vampires. would certainly make the hallway of hounds more usefull.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

wonder if one of the tells will be in the animal reactions to the vampires. would certainly make the hallway of hounds more usefull.

YEEEEES.

WAR BUNNIES!! SNIFFING OUT VAMPIRES!

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2011, 12:33:42 pm »

YEEEEES.

War bunnies have been known to atake down entire seiges singlehandedly

Also, as I'm working under the assumption that most people know what that links to without clicking it, I vote someone mods in a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2011, 12:39:40 pm »

YEEEEES.

War bunnies have been known to atake down entire seiges singlehandedly

Also, as I'm working under the assumption that most people know what that links to without clicking it, I vote someone mods in a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

LOOK AT THE BONES D:

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2011, 01:02:17 pm »

Still trying to bring this back to rail:
I believe the anti-vampire organizations should be randomized (just as everything else) so in one world it could be anything from Spanish inquisition to Witchers orders and dwarven FBI (vampires committed crimes not only in your fort but all around the country, so it's not guards jurisdiction)
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2011, 01:12:48 pm »

I believe the anti-vampire organizations should be randomized (just as everything else) so in one world it could be anything from Spanish inquisition to Witchers orders and dwarven FBI (vampires committed crimes not only in your fort but all around the country, so it's not guards jurisdiction)

OR just keep it the way Toady intends to implement it, dwarves witnessing a vampire feed will report it too the guard/sherriff, and Justice will be served. The last thing we need is more nobles :/

Also this thread is about the new way death's will be detected, not vampires >:|

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2011, 01:13:48 pm »

That'll probably come in with guilds. Urist McTrenchcoat has mandated the head of Urist McPale!

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2011, 01:30:26 pm »

of course, some of the things ive been getting is that eventually well be able to determine just who is the vampire from witnesses and that, then order punishment. so much abuse potential

you- urist mc useless noble- you are the vampire. you are sentenced to 17 platinum harrmerblows.

of course, if that then extends to other crimes such as mandate failing, we can finally either avoid a legendary smith being punched in the head and then allocate the blame where it belongs. on the noble who ordered platinum thongs.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2011, 01:32:16 pm »

Urist Mcvampire hunter: But er, i dont suppose you can tell us where we might find a, er
Urist McTimtheenchanter: a what?
Urist Mcvampire hunter: a, a
Urist McTimtheenchanter: A VAMPIRE?!
Urist Mcvampire hunter: er yeah i think so,.. yes! yes.
Urist McTimtheenchanter: Yes, i can help you find a vampire. Half a days journey to the north their lies a cave, The cave of Caerbannog. Wherein carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock the last words of Urist McLegendaryHunter make plain the last lair of the most debourched Urist McredeyestheVampire.
Urist Mcvampire hunter: where could we find this cave oh Urist?
Urist McTimtheenchanter: Follow!
But follow if only ye be dwarves of valour! For the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so cruel and so foul, no dwarf yet has fought with it and lived!
Bones of full 50 kittens dwarves lay strewn about its lair. So brave hunters, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

How i picture a vampire hunt would go when other types of wizzard are implamented.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2011, 01:56:06 pm »

Urist Mcvampire hunter: But er, i dont suppose you can tell us where we might find a, er
Urist McTimtheenchanter: a what?
Urist Mcvampire hunter: a, a
Urist McTimtheenchanter: A VAMPIRE?!
Urist Mcvampire hunter: er yeah i think so,.. yes! yes.
Urist McTimtheenchanter: Yes, i can help you find a vampire. Half a days journey to the north their lies a cave, The cave of Caerbannog. Wherein carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock the last words of Urist McLegendaryHunter make plain the last lair of the most debourched Urist McredeyestheVampire.
Urist Mcvampire hunter: where could we find this cave oh Urist?
Urist McTimtheenchanter: Follow!
But follow if only ye be dwarves of valour! For the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so cruel and so foul, no dwarf yet has fought with it and lived!
Bones of full 50 kittens dwarves lay strewn about its lair. So brave hunters, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

How i picture a vampire hunt would go when other types of wizzard are implamented.

All read in a Scottish accent, of course. Also, it's "wizard", with one z. And implemented, no 'a'.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2011, 03:56:04 pm »

And the War Giant Badgers are on top of War Turtles...
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2011, 04:22:06 pm »

Toady has said that dwarves will go missing, and it will be announced when they do, so hopefully as long as your dwarven senses are tingling, you will still be able to spot that ambush cutting down your dwarves.

An isolated hut with a burrowed vampire dwarf.......
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9