Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: I do Believe i have been taken for a fool.  (Read 5022 times)

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I do Believe i have been taken for a fool.
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:49:16 am »

So yea i have been talking to this girl at are local store, she seamed cool enough.

Here's the story so far, we hung out on her lunch breaks a few times, well i heard her one day talking about wanting to go a town over to pick up a new simcard(at&t) for her phone she didn't wanna drive her shitbox of a car( her words), so i offered to let her ride with me seeing as i  had a part for a 22 rifle to pick up over there to, phone numbers exchanged, she calls the next day and asks if we are still on to go over there that afternoon everything works out fine we ride over there tell a few jokes, talk a bit ride back everyone's happy, we text a bit.

Few days later, a few texts more, the shit box car a mentioned before breaks down and she tells me on her lunch while we are hanging out,
so i decide i'm a help her out sure i take her to go look for the part in town and give her a ride back home a few times, well by now being a small town people are talking, what ever we don't really care, fast forward a few days to Friday, i was going to go hangout at her place after she got done doing some other stuff that morning, ends up me helping her and her step dad fix her car.

Car fixed, Saturday she doesn't take a break at work short work day, doesn't really answer any of my texts ether.

Sunday short work day, no texts replied to, i stop by to get some lunch that's the only time she speaks to me, i'm assuming it's been busy at the store so no big deal. So i send her a few texts after work 1 asking whats up, 1 more asking if she wants to hang out sometime this week about a hour later, no answers to any of them.

I have been told shes never really dates white guys, by her and the people she works with.

So what do you all think wait a few days and see what happens, or just say fuck it and go back to not caring?

Yes i have been parting and i'm quite drunk, but don't let that stop you from replying.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: I do Believe i have been taken for a fool.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:51:53 am »

Sounds to me like you've been Nice Guy'd. That sucks.

In case not all is lost, she may have been busy; but the best thing to do is ignore it and just move on. Associates/short-term friends only get 1 favor; any more, without anything in return for you going out of your way again (at least gas money for the trip), and you are a fool or a dogged good Samaritan (or THE designated driver). I nickname it the 'Guest' rule. Any more times, and they better start providing some support. Even moreso the more requests/demands come in without anything in return on their end, then no more help from you anymore (IE- You're no longer a guest in my books, get it yourself now. Whine all you want, but you used up all your privileges).

Kinda a reason I've become selective of who I help out and when I feel like being helpful, especially as an adult these days, compared to while I was in school where I was naive, seeing as this has happened a few times myself. Not worth the pursuit. In most cases, never worth it at all; besides the good feeling you get for being helpful in any other case. AKA- The consolation prize for being a Nice Guy. You can't fill a gas tank with that.

EDIT:
↓: Like I said, he got Nice Guy'd. Which in this context as well, if not for common reasons, being "white" is being 'Nice'.

Some wise advice: "Don't be a Nice Guy, just be a good person. If they can somehow tell the difference, you'd better as well."

And trust me, you'll soon be able to spot the truth really easily (Bullshit Detection 101), and can detect the same thing in women (Be they Nice Girls or good people) as they can in men. Being good knows no gender; 'Nice'ness is gender-specific, however; although they take different forms (male and female variants), they are essentially the same thing that causes disgust and disinterest that prevents things from going any further, even in same-sex pairs. Being nice is an illusion we cast on ourselves to hide our true intentions (especially from ourselves). If you're good, you have no need for it; and illusions can easily be noticed, even on other people (most easily by genuinely good people, yet eludes the nice). All but the one that's given into the illusion (usually oneself).

Kinda wish I had been given this kind of wisdom back then. Instead, I had to acquire that (as well as other) wisdom instead by harsh experience (AKA- the hard way), despite having tons of siblings that could've delivered it in those exact words.

Alternatively, you can always go with the good ol' Star Trek: First Contact line "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment.".

EDIT EDIT:
Funny enough, she sounds like a 'Nice Girl'. Otherwise, she wouldn't have turned you down in such a manner. She took the wrong approach in a way that makes her feel better, AKA- The Nice Route; though not the right route. Instead of saying that she doesn't date your type (in this case: race) to let you off the hook easily, yet abruptly, she could've just outright stated she wasn't interested in you at all (no side-stepping with racial barriers), and yield a mutual benefit of both parties being able to move on sans worry. Silly as it sounds, in b4 "It's not that simple", IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE! The pain is short, but just enough to grow thicker skin and move on.

Oh yeah, and excuse my elaboration, but these are what I came across in my experiences, and am passing down just so you won't have to spend a few years trying to figure it out yourself. Just remember, nice people recognize other nice people and call them as such (most commonly nice girls calling out nice guys for being nice guys, but rarely the other way around), a good person tells it how it is, even if it has to be brutal honesty. As long as the truth is visible, and can be accepted by choice.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:03:25 am by Itnetlolor »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 01:25:19 am »

"I don't really date white guys" means "I'm politely telling you that I appreciate your being nice to me, but I'm not going to date you."

So yeah, give up.  It doesn't matter if she dates white guys or not, or whether that statement is a factual lie--the content is different than it appears.  She's already told you no.  She told you no even more by not responding to your texts.

I wouldn't write her off if she does reply, but don't count on it.  Just move on, and be glad you did something good for someone else.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 01:40:23 am »

What Vector said....

You might get a friend out of this directly (her), and romantically might possibly get a referral to a friend at a later date (one of her friends). Networking, go figure.... It's a blurry, fine line between "used for free maintenance" and "doing a favor for a friend." Not sure where one ends and the other begins.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 02:04:15 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:07:42 am by Ogdibus »

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 05:59:30 am »

Stop texting her.

Case 1
You've been Nice Guy'd. Oh well, let's get ratfaced and do some crackwhore old enough to be our mother, shall we?

Case 2
She's been busy. By not texting her, you're showing you're not wholly dependent on her - I've learned that you pretty much *have* to play the Dating Process out to get anywhere with girls. This includes making her think you're not interested, because then she needs to chase you down, and for some sick and vile reason, women enjoy this.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 07:30:42 am »

Not to mention the fact that someone who texts you constantly comes off as a bit....needy? Gender is irrelevant, I'd steer clear of anybody that's constantly calling/texting/talking/whatever to me, especially if things are very early on.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 08:24:36 am »

humm, ok... what the hell made you think you'd get a date just for helping her out once or twice? Girls aren't obliged to repay kindness with sex you know...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 08:50:07 am »

What makes you think that every date must end up in sex? Just because you go out with someone doesn't mean you necessarily want to sleep with her, you know.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 08:54:12 am »

Sometimes the reason people get Nice Guy'd is because the Girl is thinking in that while she doesn't like you, you are so nice that maybe she will change her mind later.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 09:04:18 am »

What makes you think that every date must end up in sex? Just because you go out with someone doesn't mean you necessarily want to sleep with her, you know.
OK, sorry, let me rephrase that:
what the hell made you think you'd get a date just for helping her out once or twice? Girls aren't obliged to repay kindness with a relation you know...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 09:05:58 am »

what the hell made you think you'd get a date just for helping her out once or twice? Girls aren't obliged to repay kindness with a relation you know...

I have to agree with this. If I asked someone for two favors I wouldn't have expected to date them at all...

Relationships shouldn't be for sale.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 09:29:35 am »

I think the implication was more that they hit it off well in their interactions and he thought that might lead somewhere, as opposed to "I did something for you, could you repay this a little."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 11:33:31 am »

Well i know she has something really important to do today so i just not going worry about it for a few days, in the end ether way it will be a bit awkward seeing as how i'm out by that store 2 or 3 times a day.

I seen someone say something about being over clingy, that's not the problem at all i know better than that.

A normal day looked like this

i get up around 8 or 9 do stuff around the house

send her a text at some point ( the normal stuff) whats up, hows it going, some time while i was doing stuff.

most of the time she would get back to me by 1 she end up saying something about what time her lunch was i get ready and head up that way we hang out for an hour she go back to work.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:52:46 am by Uthric »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 03:04:38 pm »

They're also not obliged to exploit guys they notice are attracted to them. Just like people aren't obliged to steal unguarded property or kick abandoned puppies.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4