Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Beguiledbreakfast begins here!(Succession game)(Please read Rules)  (Read 7452 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beguiledbreakfast begins here!(Succession game)(Please read Rules)
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2011, 12:15:33 am »

I have never seen this many magma floods strike one fort, ever.  By comparison Boatmurdered had a secure controlled and safe approach to magma construction, use and deployment.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2011, 01:02:40 am »

Well, that's because Boatmurdered didn't flood the main portions of its fort with lava. Beguiledbreakfast did.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2011, 08:29:02 am »

Let's all be honest here. This fort isn't going to die because of golbins or clowns or tantrum spirals but hot volcanic death. I mean i'm already Planning to make magma land mines on my next turn.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:20:02 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2011, 04:58:32 pm »

Omg you were thinking that too??  The moment I posted my turn I understood how perfectly set up for magma mines were are.  Hell you could integrate them into the current two magma traps without any trouble--that valley we already flood with magma could easily be update with some exploding pressurized magma =D

My bet on fort death is tantrum spirals+magma.  I tried keeping everyone busy so they would make no friends. There are just so many things that a tantruming dwarf could break releasing magma everywhere.

Also the well cut off by the magma is the exact place that trapper jumped.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  I assume it will be trickier getting them out this time  :P
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 06:44:01 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2011, 03:24:20 am »

Hmm This may be odd but could someone with a save after my turn test my front door magma lever. I was testing to see if it works on elves but every time i use it the game freezes Crashes.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:40:47 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2011, 06:37:36 pm »

I think this fort won't be killed by magma, it's too predictable, though it is very quick to strike, and easy to mishandle. No, I think those damned Goblins will start a tantrum spiral ending the thing.

Vahir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2011, 07:07:05 pm »

Our dwarves must be considered the baddasiest of them all. Some dwarves live underground, some above ground, but none can claim that they live in a freaking VOLCANO.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Yeah, used to be like you.  "Don't draft the mothers" and "Make sure that mood gets fulfilled!" and "He's tantruming, better make him happier and not order him killed" or "Leave the gate open!  The woodcutter is still running away from the ambush!" Then I started throwing children to their deaths in an ornate glass display case in the middle of the dining hall

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2011, 03:30:24 pm »

Dunno, until Monkeyfaced's request I judiciously avoided that lever.  I could have easily pulled it in the middle of trading with the dwarf caravan or while the  militia was fighting there something. Also I will try tonight and let you know if I can repeat the bugging out.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 04:39:35 am »

I can confirm crash when attempting to use front door magma flush against elves.

Vahir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 07:08:25 am »

I can confirm crash when attempting to use front door magma flush against elves.

Killing the merchants was totally worth it.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Yeah, used to be like you.  "Don't draft the mothers" and "Make sure that mood gets fulfilled!" and "He's tantruming, better make him happier and not order him killed" or "Leave the gate open!  The woodcutter is still running away from the ambush!" Then I started throwing children to their deaths in an ornate glass display case in the middle of the dining hall

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2011, 01:44:05 am »

Right well now we know we can avoid using that lever. Someone might want to forbid or destroy it.

Actually thinking on it now, I say we just keep the magma in the halls. Use it as a magma cistern. There isn't anything useful in there is there?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:50:12 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2011, 04:21:07 am »

I say we just keep the magma in the halls. Use it as a magma cistern. There isn't anything useful in there is there?
That's exactly what I was thinking, esp. since my trap will slowly siphon that magma off anyway, might as well do it flaming, screaming style.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2011, 04:44:24 am »

Mind you this would mean I did the whol cave-in for Nothing. Not that I mind Personaly I like the Idea of have all the walls of our fort made out of warm stone. I mean in adventure mode Anyplace beneath ground is called "cold" and I reckon most dwarves prefer to be warm when they move from place to place. ^_^

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2011, 10:47:34 am »

Mind you this would mean I did the whol cave-in for Nothing.

Not for nothing--for the glory of dwarf kind!  Besides eventually it will drain. I just love the heating system as it stands.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2011, 08:53:40 am »

Wait who's turn is it now?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6