Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Beguiledbreakfast begins here!(Succession game)(Please read Rules)  (Read 7457 times)

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
Re: Beguiledbreakfast begins here!(Succession game)(Please read Rules)
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 08:30:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We made our second ever artifact. Doesn't it covey such a pleasant message?

Anyways, progress has been okay. Very limited space due to the main miner having a love for partying and a reluctance by me to assign novice miners due to the high concentration of valuable ores. Been working on making quarters for blahfolk:

Due to the high value of gold ore walled rooms, I wouldn't recommend getting a barony if you're given the option until alternative living quarters are established which have less value.
Also working on a method for clearing out the lava in the flooded sections of the fort. Created an area which will hopefully be filled with water eventually above the cave leading the lava into the fortress. Given enough rain, or pumped water, the hatches at the bottom should be able to obsidianize the lava, thus allowing the fort to be drained. The lever for this is the lever seen in the blahfolk quarters picture.

Basic iron production has been started in the magma caldera, which I sealed off from non fliers. Quite a bit of hematite to be found, methinks.

Oh, and an important note: No above ground water source. Have fun with giant toads from the caverns!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:39:58 pm by restricted »

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 12:02:06 am »

Still room to sign up? I'm experienced with the game, but recklessly new with magma =D

I love giant toads.  And I love that this fort has already had a magma incident.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

restricted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 12:11:08 am »

Days before I got to leave this fort, double goblin ambushes hit. Anyone outside was slaughtered, and our military made short work of them, but one of the more skilled speardwarves got hit in the leg very hard. Whoever's next should rush the creation of a hospital to save him :D

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 06:50:21 pm »

Okay, I'll start when I have the chance.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 07:36:33 am »

AAAHHH! FCku! I should check my email more I'll start now. I have about four days to finish right? Oh and just making sure It's one big post at the end rather than a season by season right?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:38:08 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

UristMcThunderguts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 03:53:48 pm »

You can go season by season if you like. I perfer doing one big post, but there's no requirements. As long as you post something. And... I think I sent it two days ago..? Don't worry about it too much. You've given me some indication that you're working on it. If it's going to be late, but you still intend to finish, let me know.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 05:04:14 am »

I tend to do these one season per a day so I should be fine.

Spring 253 Enironlil Beguiledbreakfast

From the journal of SimianVisage The BristleReared

I have by way of rock throwing contest been elected the Overseer of this fine dwarven Village. With the dead goblins on the outside the lava in the hallways and the Tantruming & fey dwarves on the inside I can see why nobody wanted this job.

The first thing I did was plan a controled cave in to block of that magma. I'm going to link up the old front doors to a lever in the upper level to allow us to open flood any invaders with magma.
The dwarf Screaming for a Suitable surface to work was getting on my nerves so I had So peasants build him a clothiers shop. He immediatley claimed it and demanded some kind of yarn.

A week or so later I had a look at this so called miltia. We only had five melee soldiers and no marksdwarves. After changing the archers uniform to exclude the elven scums weapon of choice.
Deciding to turn my hand to smithing I had a Forge built in the caldera and claimed it as my own. I'm not any kind of smith now. But With practice comes skill.
During the second moninto my rule I noticed that someone had walled up a perfectly good set of rooms for the new hospitol
I decided to rectify they're mistake.

While orgaising the hospitol A delicious smell of yak cheese fondue came wafting over the scent of sulfur

If only we could make use of this fine fondue.
I had the loom constructed to turn this yarn thread into cloth to satisfy our local maddwarf.

Some fellow called Degel or Deagal kept tanruming, until Suddenly he stopped and now he just mopes around refusing food or booze.
Meanwhile we have begun construction on a water purifier for the hospitol. It's going to be small and out of the way, not to mention above ground but hopefully it will stop our sick and needy from dying of thirst.

Sakzul our local Feydwarf has begun construction.
He has Created a sheepwool turban and I am not even going to look at it. Could of made a bag at least.

SUCCESS!
I have managed to choke off the magma with a Small cave in.

A small amout of lava floods the nearby halls and Unfortunately The peasant who did the final work on the cave in was caught in the resulting lava splash and died of his burns. a tragedy to be sure But i believe his sacrifice was well worth it. The second part of my plan is to wait until we are under siege and then we pull the lever seen here

And magma will flood the entry. I have secured two iron doors to stop the magma from killing us all. (i Hope)

Another tragedy. Litast Eralteskad Has died of thirst before we could purify any water. If only he had survived for a few more days he would have been safe. Well on a more positive note we now have clean water to drink, Inconviently located though it may be.

Degal the mopey died from thirst. We have concluded that it was suicide.

I have sacrificed a Baby duck to the Volcano to please Armok and Wish for his gift.
However it seems The blood god Is unintrested in the sacrifice of a baby duck so I have offered Another more fitting sacrifice.
The baby waterbuffalo Was rebuked as well. It is clear that Armok require dwaven blood for his gifts so I am building a Sarifical Bridge to Praise the glory of the Builder of bones.

The elves Came and "donated" some goods to our fortress.
The sherrif started whining and crying about the lack of a jail and the state of his rooms. So I've ordered a jail built and some noblee rooms Made.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:35:41 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 06:01:35 am »

Can I join?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 02:07:33 pm »

The season of summer 253 Enironlil

From the journal of SimianVisage The BristleReared

Hmm I have started to expand the Workshops in the volcano in order to build a Glass forge and extra smelter.
That last Migrat wave Has made a mayor neccessary along with a captain of the guard. I am also starting a project to seal off the caldera from giant eagles and flying forgotten beasts. I have heard tell of goblins Riding flying mounts but these are obvious wives tales.

At the end of the first month of summer a tanner withdrew from society and has claimed a leather works. Heres hoping for something useful.

Our Lord mayor has mandated Lay pewter items. We don't have the makings of lay pewter. I guess we have our "volunteer" for Armoks sacrifice.

While Making modifiations to the volcano walk ways a section of the walkway collapsed. Nobody died but nonetheless armok rewarded the destruction with knowledge of the magma sea.

Migrants came

We pulled the lever and a tyrant falls.

Lors selfless "sacrifice" Pleased Armok to no end. In return Armok, Praise be his beard, has rewarded us with knowledge of the Location of the fabled Adamantine! Praise be the sacred chosen Who are to mine The holy Metal For they are to Harvest Armoks greatest gift, Praise be To the Strand extracters For they Remove the Pure from the Impure and Praise be the Smiths Who Give shape to The holy Metal Following Armoks Divine Schematic!

Lor ConjuredGlazes Has bled to death.

IN light of my contributions to the welfare of this Town I elected myself as Mayor. Then i remembered what happened to the last mayor and elected a New one. Who then demanded we make fine pewter items. He got the boot pretty fast too, but At least I didn't throw him in the volcano.
The Moody tanner went Harmlessly insane. He just goes aroung muttering how beautiful it would have been and asking for spidersilk cloth.

The Humans have arrived to sell their wares. Joy.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:10:19 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 02:17:29 pm »

Form the Journal Of SimianVisage BristleReared

An uneventful autmumn. Until the middle of the season when a Herbalist went fey and claimed a Masons shop. The Melancholy Tanner died from thirst today, And we seem to run out of place to put his body, so i've ordered some more coffins.

Migrants have arrived and are being found work. At some point I might need to build them some kind of boarding house.

An Ambush! Armok Curse their Filthy hides to the torture of a thousand Filth butterfly brutes. Worse Not only are we being ambushed we are bieng ambushed by Bowmen. Everyone inside.

A dwarven caravan bringing a Outpost liason Has come.

Folly! In my haste to complete the roof on the caldera I built additional entryways for ease of access and now the goblins can use thos tokill us all. As a precaution i Have stationed the Militia just past the stairs sothat when the gobbo bastards show thier heads we'll be ready to slit their skulls before they have a chance to use their bows.

Pictured is sodel Zarasob who i fear is not long for this world. Hopefuly he can survive long enough to buy us some time.

A goblin thief Has managed to sneak into the dining room but quickly fell to the teeth and claws of a a stray dog, a cheetah, and last but not least a giant jaguar.

another ambush, this time with spears led by a hammer.

The goblins are out side the trade depot and have engaged the caravan guard in combat, So I have sent out our brave warriors to aid the merchants champions. Hoplefully We won't have to purge the Magma halls, I'm Hoping to keep that For a proper siege.

Armok smiles on us! The Caravan Guards have fended off the goblin ambush at the cost of many brave dwarven lives, However aside from the death of sodel and some helpless mason, Our grand fortress is spared from any loss, Though the merchants are leaving and the outpost liason has perished in the line of duty, I feel that we came off well in this encounter.

winter is upon us.

OOC
wow that Ambush sucked. Bow goblins how i Hate thee. Really A couple dead dwarves some dead merchant a dead liason and no trade agreement, and I did't get to trade for all the leather we need. (we don't have enough quivers or backpacks.)
Amd I had just got around to making some crafts to sell. Well the next Overseer will have a nice stock of glass gems and crafts to sell I guess. Seeing as it's sunday I might finish off winter today, we'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:52:24 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 07:41:25 pm »

Journal for winter.
By SimianVisage The BristleReared

I am making a second entrance near the volcan to facilitate faster work on the roof, But this entrance shall double as a Magma trap for any foolish enough to attempt it.

The blue lines indicate the relevant levers.

I have started digging an internal cistern for sieges.
First i'll dig out a 5x5 and then I'll build a 3x3 floor surrounded by constructed walls, THis should prevent unwanted minerals from soaking into our water. I hope. It may require Modification.

A stone crafter Has removed himeself from polite comapny has barricaded himself in a craftshop demanding Leather and rocks and other things we don't have.

OH sweet merciless Armok we are down to seven drinks left. It's our last barrel someone get the still working quick!

The ghost of Alath Luslemonum has risen and is haunting the fortress, So i ordered a slab to be engraved in his Honour to quieten this restless spirit.

I tested the magma entryway and it seemed to work okay

But thats it for me I'm retireing, I decided I want to be a master smith so as my final acts i've claimed a magma forge and forbidden anyone else using it and now I'm going to spend my days bathed in the warm glow of Armoks blood, Pounding away on molten metal.

Notes for the next overseer
We need leather for backpack and quivers. Right now we don't have any marksdwarves but we'll probably want some in the future, And any good military needs backpacks. We already have plenty of glassvial to carry military drinks.

We are also Almost completely out of booze, and all our thirsty dwarves are drinking the water pumped from the murky pool. So you need to keep a pump operator working on it constantly to avoid water loss, Secondly a bucket brigade should be filling the well in the hospital for awhile. While the cistern is fully constructed the walls of the shaft are not so I don't know if that'll contaminate the water or not. I read on the wiki if desalinated water hit natural walls or floors it become undrinkable again. And thats pretty much it.

restricted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 01:39:52 pm »

I like how I spent my entire time trying to work out how to stop lava flow into the halls, and you do it as like the first thing you get done :P

Did some testing with controlled cave ins before I tried it there, and for some reason they failed on lava. So instead I had the water plan. which I see still sits empty :D

Also, those goblins always come as a farewell gift.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 04:52:28 pm »

to be fair I haven't got the lava out of the halls yet. I was thinking of putting a magma pump above the door so i could pour the magma out onto invaders in small controled quantities but it seemed like a lot of unneccesary trouble. On a related note Since one of the front doors isn't magma safe once you pull that lever you're not going to be able to stop the lava flow.

Veylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 04:11:31 am »

I'd like to sign up, if I could. This fortress looks interesting.
At what point did the suggestion of child sacrifice become the more ethical option?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 04:53:30 am »

Am I seriously next  :D it looks like a flaming, glorious disaster!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6