Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Sol Defense.  (Read 7284 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sol Defense.
« on: October 30, 2011, 08:56:09 pm »

The year is 2400, and Earth has entered a scientific golden age; mankind is ready to expand out into the Sol System.  However: their rapid expansion does not go unnoticed in the galaxy and internal political games continue even in this age.  In an effort to control the massive bureaucracy, interplanetary traffic and system defense.  Spacenet, a new AI system was created to manage everything in the interests of humanity.

Spacenet Central AI Online

"Welcome to this interactive tutorial of the overhead system tactical display map and planetary database.  The Sol System has been devided into a hexagonal coordinate system, which also simultaneously calculates orbital position and radius from Sol.  Please review this interactive guide:

"Planet information is organized as follows: In the top left is the planetary radar net, which tracks all objects in orbit, the main display is a top down representation of objects in orbit, while the slice at the top and bottom represent objects over the North and South Poles respectively.  In the top right, the planets name, population, civil unrest levels, temperature and orbital information are displayed.  A bar that displays white shows an estimated increase in the following weeks, [aka: turn].  Below that, we have available resources on planet that may be utalized.  The bars - from left to right - represent minerals, food and fuel.

"The rest of the information indicates Characters who are in control of key positions in politics, science and ships and that the atmosphere is breathable for human habitation.

Resource inventory box shows the following items:
  • AI Core "Spacenet".
  • Government Headquarters.
  • Special Operations Unit.
  • Research Facilities.
  • 5X Deep Space Probes.
  • Interceptor Missile Defense Pad.
  • Radar Dish.
  • Conventional Space Craft.
  • Space dock (In Orbit)

"Planetary Counsels make all major decisions regarding the economly, planetary defense and interplanetary relations.  The commanding officer of the navy is in charge of defense of space, enforcing shipping regulations and carrying out special missions.  The lead scientist is in charge of research, and requesting recovery or reconnaissance missions from captains.

"The order of events per turn are: Political Counsel Meeting and Votes>>Naval movement>>Naval and Planetary Weapons Fire>>Sensor Data and Prototype Equipment Activation>>Update Resources and Planetary Statistics.

"Sol System Display Activated!"

Spoiler: Sol System Map. (click to show/hide)

"Let us now convene the first meeting of counsel, our goal as a species is to expand rapidly into the Sol System and advance our race into the 24th Centu-"

"Races"

"What?"

"We're not the only sentient race anymore, pardon me saying so, but I hope you're not living in the 21st Century still, Counselor Neilson."

"Woof!"

"..."

"Considering humanity is still the dominant race on Earth, I am outraged that people actually elected a dog, a walking refridgerator and a union leader.  Unfortunately, I'll have to tolerate this lot for the time being.  I table the motions of resolving our overpopulation issues causing social unrest and an ever rising temperature by expanding to nearby Worlds, we should also increase our industrial capacities to produce more vessels to expand at a greater rate and defend our colonies.  Considering we have exhausted our ability to harvest fuel from Earth, we will need to locate another planet with an abundant supply.  I vote in favor of this proposition."

"Nay! We need to ensure that such an operation is safe for the colonists first, I will not waste human life on your gamble!"

*shakes his head and whines*

"I am in favor of rapid expansion, if overpopulation is a problem then endangering the lives of these people is not a risk: it is a solution."

Yays: 2 Nays: 2
Motion Fails, requires more than 50% of the vote to pass.

"I am currently in command of the Pick Class Frigate "Feather" Awaiting Cargo, Ship Modules and Orders from Counsel"

Pick Class Frigate
Vessel Cost: 8Metal, 1Food, 5Fuel.
Hull:3
Propulsion:1
Fuel: 30/30
Operational Radius From Sol: 4-10
Modules Currently Installed: Armor, Atmospherics, Radar, Missile Launcher, Point Defenses X2, Atmospheric Entry Thrusters.[/quote]

"I'm on vacation, don't call me!"

Players take the roll of the characters provided and give them direction on how to proceed.  Each poster may only control one character at a time, and characters may be claimed, but if you don't post someone else can give them an action.  In the event of multiple suggestions, the one that is suggested most or first will be used.  The AI unit, represents me, the omnipotent jerk game manager.  You may direct research, planetary production and captains to do your bidding, the game is very flexible with no set rules, (yet.)

Also, updates may be daily or weekly, it depends on how busy I am.

Player List
Svarte Troner = Counselor Shepherd
areyoua = Scientist Anto
filiusenox = Counselor Neilson
New Guy = Counselor Jim
micelus = Counselor Unicomp
Powder Miner = Captain Padraig
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:09:25 pm by Qloos »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Sol Defense.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »

Watching.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:02:05 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 09:02:34 pm »

Rules changed slightly.  People may now claim characters, but if you don't post, then someone else may give them an action.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 09:04:03 pm »

I claim the dog!
suggest the humans give him an adequate inter-special translation device since such things have definitely been invented by 2400. Then he will agree to negotiate with the humans.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:14:57 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 09:04:53 pm »

I'll take the Scientist.

Continue on Vacation, but enjoy the leisurely activity of thinking about solutions to overpopulation. Yeah, very leisurely...

Nah, that's just stupid.

Research better methods of propulsion. FTL travel! *crosses fingers*
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:10:44 pm by areyoua »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 09:06:28 pm »

Claiming guy with grey suit then. Can his hair be dyed blonde? Or am i stupid?

Have the ship scout the moon.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 09:06:52 pm »

I claim the Engineer, if he's unclaimed.

Head towards mercury, to check if it's still untouched in terms of mining operations
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:08:36 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 09:09:00 pm »

I claim the Engineer, if he's unclaimed.

I assume you mean the Union Leader: Counselor Jim (in the hardhat)

If anyone has any questions about what means what, feel free to ask.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 09:09:49 pm »

I claim the dog!
He shall suggest the humans give him an adequate inter-special translation device since such things have definitely been invented by 2400.

I was going to take the dog and make him speak in morse code, which probably would work. We'd just need to get a lackey of the street to interpret it for us.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 09:11:41 pm »

"Why mercury? That place gets too hot or too cold for any continued mining op. Depending on what side of said planet your on."

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 09:17:15 pm »

Counselor Rules Explained
Everyone may table a max of one motion per turn, and everyone else can vote on each motion as they like.  However, each motion still requires more than half of the votes to pass, because counsolor descisions have wide reaching implications.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:26:24 pm by Qloos »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 09:19:09 pm »

"Why mercury? That place gets too hot or too cold for any continued mining op. Depending on what side of said planet your on."

Because...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 09:27:58 pm »

"You couldn't get it to the surface and there is no practical way of exporting it and no real market for it. We have plenty of magma already."
"Unless of course you had the colony under the surface, but that might not work as well as I think...But of course we can't authorize any colony to anyplace regardless, because you two voted against it..."

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 09:32:03 pm »

The proposed motion is to scout the moon?

P.S. Do I haz my translator yet?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:35:44 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 09:32:25 pm »

I want the robot!

"Abstaining from all motions till more information is acquired."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:36:09 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6