Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (Echo Bazaar RP) Welcome to New Newgate, enjoy your stay!  (Read 1925 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Echo Bazaar RP) Welcome to New Newgate, enjoy your stay!
« on: October 30, 2011, 08:08:09 pm »

Read this thread, at least the OP, first. Create a character before posting here.
Spoiler: 1.The Story So Far... (click to show/hide)

You find yourself imprisoned in a dripstone cell - the walls are smooth, the windows barred. From it, you can see the lights of the city far, far below, and the occasional passing dirigible. While you are here, you are usually confined to a cell, but they are constantly shifting prisoners around. You can speak with those in cells nearby, intermingle with the other prisoners during activities and meals (assuming you haven't been put into Solitary), and generally plot your escape from this dank pit.

But you are here. You are in Fallen London at least. The 'Neath is your oyster, and you can taste ambition on your lips... assuming you can ever get out of this damned cell, of course.

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:27:13 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Echo Bazaar RP) Welcome to New Newgate, enjoy your stay!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 08:37:14 pm »

"Hey! Anyone else in here? I'm bored as bloody 'ell, and wouldn't mind someone to talk to...

Huh. Well, I guess I can just talk to myself for a bit, then..."

Mike mutters to himself for a bit, gazing out the bars to the city far below... he'd come so far to get here, he certainly wasn't going to stop now. And when he was done, this city would be everything he ever wanted it to be, even if he had to make it that why with his own two fists...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 08:52:51 pm »

Briar groaned as he woke up, he had a piercing headache and wasn't in the mood for any shouting and yelling. He suppressed the initial anger he was feeling and said to whoever was in the next cell "I'd suppose i'd be willing to talk..."
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:55:43 pm »

"What's there to talk about?" Desmond replied from a neighboring cell bitterly.

He shouldn't have fought the constables. That was a very bad idea, in retrospect. Now, here he was rotting in this cell, while the minutes ticked away. Every second one more closer to Sarah dying-or worse, making the proverbial deal with the Devil and having her brought down here-to live away from the sun forever, what a morbid thought.

He had promised her, it wasn't going to end like that.

He rose up and began yelling and battering at his cell door to little effect.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 08:57:42 pm »

"To whoever is bloody banging on the doors, its no use. You can't just bloody force you way out of a prison like that." he sighed. He was an honest man, and despised being treated like a criminal. Sure, he got in a few tavern brawls. But he never caused them, and he was usually punched first.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 08:59:04 pm »

Mikey tried to stick his head through the bars so as to look over into the adjacent cell.

"Heya mate. Name's Mikey. So, what's your story? And what's your plan for getting out? I was think-- oof, I'm stuck. Bloody hell."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 09:03:46 pm »

Briar looks at Mikey, he then said "My name is Briar, and I don't plan on escaping. I'll just wait my time here until im released."

Noticing that Mikey is stuck between the bars, he gets up and walks towards him. He then puts his hands on his head and pushes until Mikey's head is back in his cell. "I suggest you don't stick your head between any bars in the future."

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:11:58 pm by Bdthemag »
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 09:15:13 pm »

"What about you then!? Mr. Bangy over there! You feel like breaking out of this joint?"

Mikey nodded a quick thanks to Briar. "You actually think they're gonna let you out, then? They haven't told me a bloody thing - I only just arrived, and they grabbed me up and stuck me in here! Heck, I don't even know what I did! They left at it at 'This kid looks mighty suspicious', knocked me out, and dragged me here, the bloody bastards."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 09:17:27 pm »

"I'm sure i'll be released, I have done nothing wrong and I'm sure they'll realize that and let me go. And no offense, but you do look rather suspicious."

Briar then sat back down, and gazed at the wall in front of him.
Welcome to Reality.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 09:25:07 pm »

Desmond calmed down a bit. His knuckles were a bit bloody. Good.

"Yeah...I hit a constable when he insulted my wife. Gave the bastard something to remember me by, at least.

So, no-I don't think they're going to let me out. I've got to get out of here."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 11:04:17 pm »

Mikey sits back, thinking. "Well, I've not come up with any ideas, yet - do you have any? And it sounds like there's a story behind that... So, you live down here with your wife, then? Maybe she'll bail you out or something?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 07:06:26 am »

"I've been trying to make sense of the dirigible schedule. I figure it's the only way out of here, is on those."

Desmond sighed, rubbing his hands.

"Also, my wife doesn't live down here. I don't want to bring her unless I absolutely have to. I've got to find something she needs very badly. Then, I can leave this Gods Forsaken hole for good."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 03:21:59 pm »

Briar suddenly began thinking of escape, he detested having to break the law like this but he suspected that his brother was running around the city getting himself into trouble.

Briar spoke up "I'm sure it'd be easier to just talk to the guards, I doubt they have anything else to do and would listen to something someone would say."
Welcome to Reality.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 03:28:49 pm »

"Sure, they probably do good business letting people 'escape'...for now, lets keep our eyes and ears open."

Desmond looked out the window again. Hmm, that dirigible-the one with the pretty female pilot. It came almost every day about this time, didn't it...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 07:40:15 pm »

Mikey wasn't so sure about the other two... following dirigible schedules? Talking to the guards? That seemed like a good way to waste time, but if they had any ideas, well... he could play along, he supposed. After all, the plans just might work. Meanwhile, though, he was coming up with his own plan. He chatted casually with the others, waiting for an opportunity to present itself.
Pages: [1] 2