Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Elf punishment.  (Read 8129 times)

Curtisjack10

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I am, THEE legendary... soap maker!!
    • View Profile
Elf punishment.
« on: October 30, 2011, 02:07:58 pm »

I usually don't hurt elves, unless they don't accept my offer or bring useless cloth. The trade screen said "ElfyMcMerchant is losing patience rabidly.", so I ordered them to be hit a couple of times by my militia. The elves walked a couple of tiles away, then went right back to the depot. It no longer said they were angry with my bargains. Is this a bug, or did I actually beat some sense into these elves?  ;) Also, how do you discipline your elves?
My walls are made out of kitten soap.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elf punishment.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »

Surround the trade depot with a wood stockpile.

Then flood with magma.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Slovak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 02:29:18 pm »

In before Necro sees the 'M' word.

I actually slaughtered my first elves the other day. I'm rather concerned about it, as I didn't do it -intentionally-. My dwarf was a true dwarf, and walked right up and stabbed him in the gut with his sword, the poor fellow. But hey, free crap at the trade depot, what could possibly be better?

I wish I could butcher the corpse and make elf fat soap.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 02:30:52 pm »

I wish I could butcher the corpse and make elf fat soap.

Change dwarven ethics in the raws, and you can :D

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Curtisjack10

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 02:34:20 pm »

Build a new depot out of the soap, as a reminder to the elves.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 03:04:40 pm »

I normally don't. Currently, they have been supplying me with a nice bunch of cages and animals, Along with bags, buckets and cloth so I don't have to make the shit myself.

However, due to a series of occurrences where merchants become rather unreasonable("I didn't notice that the bin was made of wood, just take the take the damn crafts!", and "no, you cannot have ALL of the prepared food, you greedy bastard!"), I have put in place a new policy, which states:

"Should any merchants withhold their goods from the fortress and its population for trivial and unjustified reasons, any and all desired items shall be seized at once."

This may seem selfish, but it is actually for the good of the traders as well. Said merchants are clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness, and are in no condition to look after goods that are undoubtedly seen as valuable to their respective civilization. They would be much safer with me and my dwarves in the fortress stockpiles.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:38:15 pm by King DZA »

Bazzak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 03:24:07 pm »

Being an elf is a sin. And all sinners must die.

I usually aim to capture as many as I can and throw them to my prison to rot forever, or atleast until they die.

And I always seize elf caravan goods and kill the elves afterwards.

Always.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 04:54:12 pm »

I pretty much play it straight.  If the elves are behaving, then I do too. If they get snotty over my goods--I'm sorry, but if a 1k profit isn't good enough for them, they deserve what they get--I sieze their stuff and send them away.  There's no way my masterwork goods aren't worth your cloth and wood, freaks.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 07:22:56 pm »

I have a 2 zlevel pit onto cage traps, after I capture some elves and kill the rest i put the elven prisoners in my untamed cave spider pit where they will be bitten by no less then 23 spiders for all eternity. or until they starve to death.

Random_Physics_Nerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 07:44:45 pm »

Whenever the elves get a bit too upity for their own good, I kill all but one, capture the last one in a cage trap (if possible, one that I bought from another elf), put them in a cave, and seal the cavern off with a cave in.

A few millenia of being alone in the dark should really drive home the point.
Take two magma and call me in the morning.
I was thinking about pumping magma up his legs and having a floodgate in his crotch. What could be more dorfy than pissing magma upon your enemies?

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 08:18:22 pm »

"ElfyMcMerchant is losing patience rabidly."

Are you sure? That sounds pretty dangerous...
[Signature]

Curtisjack10

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 08:36:56 pm »

Oops. I meant "rapidly.  ;D

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 09:26:47 pm »

I was gonna say... elven merchants would probably get more respect if they started frothing at the mouth when angered.

However, due to a series of occurrences where merchants become rather unreasonable("I didn't notice that the bin was made of wood, just take the take the damn crafts!", and "no, you cannot have ALL of the prepared food, you greedy bastard!"), I have put in place a new policy, which states:

"Should any merchants withhold their goods from the fortress and its population for trivial and unjustified reasons, any and all desired items shall be seized at once."
Pretty much this. I take what I want, and receiving anything in return for their tribute is a privilege earned by courtesy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:30:00 pm by Sidhien »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 06:31:32 pm »

I was gonna say... elven merchants would probably get more respect if they started frothing at the mouth when angered.

Pretty much this. I take what I want, and receiving anything in return for their tribute is a privilege earned by courtesy.

Time to mod in a syndrome attack? :P
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 06:43:19 pm »

"ElfyMcMerchant is losing patience rabidly."
Are you sure? That sounds pretty dangerous...
In before Necro sees the 'M' word.
Being an elf is a sin. And all sinners must die.
MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pages: [1] 2 3