Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On hanging sacks of fat...  (Read 1553 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
On hanging sacks of fat...
« on: October 29, 2011, 11:04:52 pm »

Has anyone actualy tested how much bigger ( or smaller) something is with different body modifers?
After all,  everyone wants bigger creatures, but how much effect does it have on combate with someone thats gaunt? If someones morbidly fat, how much bigger is he compared to the guy with hanging sacks of it?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: On hanging sacks of fat...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 01:04:25 am »

I've never done any !!science!! on it myself, but I vaguely remember that if you burn fat off something it becomes practically invincible. I think that was a bug, but I've always assumed that the bigger something is, the slower it moves and easier it is to hit.

So a giant would have less chance to dodge and hit than a dwarf, whereas the dwarf would dodge and hit much more often.

Of course, a single hit from the giant would splatter the dwarfs brains all over his club, but that's beside the point.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Evile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 01:30:40 am »

If i am not mistaken invincibility from magma and heat only since they attack fat all the time.

For other damage fat is actually very good as it tends to diminish the damage caused to underlying tissues. And heal faster, than bones\nerves.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 02:26:20 am »

I've heard reports of instances (and seen a few myself) where ungodly obese animals were practically invincible to a type of attic - one recent story of a hunter who spent days unloading bolts into a deer who wouldn't die due to his 'rolling lobes of fat'.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 09:27:31 am »

I know, but I was wondering if anyone has done any !!science!! to see just how much those modifiers affect the size. I am asking due to my wish to create a dog that is both very small and very fat, and as such it would be interesting to know just how much they would make the animal.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 09:36:56 am »

i did do some !!science!!  on the fire side.
the main is fat melts with a lot of blood loss but it can be slowy burnt away with care.
haveing no fat does help vs heat as it takes a lot longer to burn the rest of the body.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 09:42:02 am »

The primary cause of death for melting fat is blood loss. Getting rid of those sacks of fat make you nigh invulnerable. (I've had cases where my character dies from melting/"died in the heat")
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 10:23:31 am »

This will supposedly be fixed in the next version, as Toady included proper burning damge.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 05:14:49 am »

even with out fat to melt, the rest of the body will take damage.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 04:50:57 pm »

The problem with burning (going off the rails, thread!) is that the game considers the pain from the melting fat but does not consider the pain from burning skin/bones (because it requires an extreme amount of heat to burn them in DF) so if you have no fat, you do not bleed and feel almost no pain (and do not suffocate in smoke) which brings the said fire immunity.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Roflcopter5000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 06:19:15 pm »

I really enjoy that someone says 'fat,' and the immediate response of the forum, regardless of context, is MELT IT OFF WITH MAGMA.