Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dealing with Shortness of Breath (CURED!)  (Read 10547 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with Shortness of Breath
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 12:22:34 am »

I doubt bananas have much in terms of sugar aside from the usual sucrose/gluctose/fructose that most fruit has. Could just be that there's too much sugar?

It wasn't too much sugar. Oddly inspite of my huge sweet tooth (which is odd on someone of my age and gender) I had perfect blood sugar.

If it wasn't sugar it was fat. All I know was what it was was bad and that Bananas had it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 12:23:29 am »

Well, the only thing we can really suggest is that you see a doctor and get medication for it. Unless somewhere here knows a magic ritual for shortness of breath, which is unlikely.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 12:26:03 am »

Well, the only thing we can really suggest is that you see a doctor and get medication for it. Unless somewhere here knows a magic ritual for shortness of breath, which is unlikely.

It could just be a normal illness or I could just be imagining it.

My biggest fear oddly enough is that it is nothing :P if that makes any sense.

Heck right now it has died down a bit, but it was pretty bad when it started, and it makes me fear I will just annoy any doctor I see.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 12:26:55 am »

It could just be a normal illness or I could just be imagining it.

My biggest fear oddly enough is that it is nothing :P if that makes any sense.

Heck right now it has died down a bit, but it was pretty bad when it started, and it makes me fear I will just annoy any doctor I see.
I doubt a doctor would get annoyed if you visited, its their job to examine health complaints :P
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 12:28:06 am »

Yeah but they are swamped with people who go in there for bad and annoying reasons.

I imagine they are quite annoyed at how people abuse the medical system in Canada and will get annoyed at me if it is nothing. Last time I went it was psychosomatic and I still feel bad about it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 12:29:21 am »

Yeah but they are swamped with people who go in there for bad and annoying reasons.

I imagine they are quite annoyed at how people abuse the medical system in Canada and will get annoyed at me if it is nothing. Last time I went it was psychosomatic and I still feel bad about it.
Man, wish I had free healthcare. I'd go to the doctor all of the time, but really don't feel bad. They get payed for that stuff.
Welcome to Reality.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 12:38:55 am »

Yeah but going to a walk in clinic (or even a normal doctor) and not actually needing it feels like walking into a Soup Kitchen and eating a meal there.

In fact I DID do that for a school trip and I still feel guilty that I at one of their deserts and Garlic breads (We were supposed to eat the food there to get an idea of how it was. It was actually pretty good to admit)

It feels like your just annoying everyone there and stealing from people who actually need it.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 02:23:02 am »

If you can't even sleep because of shortness of breath, then you do need it, though, no matter what the underlying cause is.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 03:20:24 am »

Man, wish I had free healthcare. I'd go to the doctor all of the time, but really don't feel bad. They get payed for that stuff.

Thats kind of abusive. Of the doctors and the system. And of actual sick people

And what would be the point, besides?

Anyway Neon, you have a legitimate concern, so you should go. No point in ignoring it if you can get it checked. Even if it turns out to be nothing. The point is that it's causing you anxiety and discomfort.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:26:04 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 03:22:43 am »

Thats kind of abusive. Of the doctors and the system. And of actual sick people

And what would be the point, besides?
When I say "Going to the doctor all of the time.", I mean "Going to the doctor when im actually sick or hurt.". Since I can't really go to a doctors whenever im sick or hurt anymore.
Welcome to Reality.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 03:29:54 am »

Ok, sorry, misunderstood that. There's a polemic ongoing here atm about charging people who go to the ER a symbolic ammount to discourage bored freeriders. I've always been against it because I think it might discourage miserly old men from getting medical attention, but it's true that some people go to the ER out of boredom.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 11:46:20 am »

the odds are that it is linked to your weight and other things as well.
do or have you smoked? if so when and how much?
do you have any allergies ?
do breathing problems run in the family?
try and take things easy try just walking for exercise

heath care free riders?
you mean letting use chose are doctor may slow thing down and will just confuse the rest of us.

(there are plans to let people chose there on the NHS now)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 11:47:48 am »

Don't do the handstand test.

Go see a doctor.

Falc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 12:02:49 pm »

That and I am still half-convinced this is another thing I am doing in my head. Especially since my shortness of breath seems to get worse when I notice it. I hate that I can make things worse myself. It means no matter how bad things are I always know that chances are I am doing it. Heck when I was knocked unconscious from drinking water too fast I don't know if I was shocked unconscious or was freightened unconscious.

I have some form of asthma. Not a big deal but it has made me aware of one specific thing: consciously breathing in and out is not the same as the breathing you usually do, without noticing. So your shortness of breath getting worse when you notice it is, to me, perfectly normal and doesn't mean that you're actually causing the shortness to begin with.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 03:00:38 pm »

Anyhow it is starting to clear up and my throat now is starting to hurt, heard hurts, slight swimming, and stomach ache but no fever (which links to one of my theories that it was a throat illness)

Which is odd because I got very phlegmy before but it never had this effect.

Edit addition: Still sick... UGH! is it normal to have colds for weeks and weeks?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:44:00 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 [2] 3