Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Mystbreach  (Read 3900 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Mystbreach
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:30:35 pm »

You awaken on the dirty straw of a prison cell, with a dirty, gritty feeling all over your body. You've been here since... Since you can remember, but you can't remember any of your childhood. You're a blank slate; in this case, a blank slate covered in the fecal matter of some small rodent.

In front of you is a cell door, almost certainly locked. To your left is the small table they let you have meals on. You rarely are fed, so you don't usually use it. To your right, the scratchings of whoever was in here before you. They're illegible and meaningless, made uncomfortably obvious by the authors bones still hanging in the manacles nearby. Behind you, a small window, far smaller than you.

But, first you have to know who you are. You appraise yourself, having nothing better to do, and find:

Your Name:
Birthsign:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Race:
Class:
Description:
Upbringing:

Your path will be decided by the chocies you make now...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystbreach
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 09:18:59 pm »

What kind of adventure is this? Is it a suggestion game or an RPG?

Spoiler: Either way (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:44:19 pm by Heliman »

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:27:28 pm »

Name: Andros Kentar
Sign: Sagittarius
Race: Human
Class: Acolyte
Description: Frail and pale, lanky, long black hair
Upbringing: Scholar
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 09:39:05 pm »

I vote for what Hubris said.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 09:44:37 pm »

Thank you.

By the way, Karne, Is the 'Myst' part of the title in any way connected to the computer game series?
channel = #bay12lb

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 09:46:16 pm »

I'm going with Heliman.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Watwar5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 09:49:24 pm »

Haven't played many forum games before, but I'm gonna give this one a shot.

I'm just going to vote for Hubris's, since my character build would be incredibly similar anyways.
This is like the crash course for all - if you can dodge a massive ball of plasma, you can dodge an arrow.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 09:52:01 pm »

Dudes, Much as i appreciate being voted for, I think we should have a larger pool of candidates to make the choices more interesting.
channel = #bay12lb

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 09:57:54 pm »

Okay. Same as Hubris only with the Nobility upbringing instead so we can go battle mage.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 10:02:07 pm »

Thank you.

By the way, Karne, Is the 'Myst' part of the title in any way connected to the computer game series?
Nah. I think my dad owned the game once, but it was broken before I was old enough to really get into those type of games. I don't even remeber it, unlike Soulbringer (which I have very faint memories of struggling through the tutorial) and Sonic CD (which I thought was amazing, because it was).

What kind of adventure is this? Is it a suggestion game or an RPG?

Spoiler: Either way (click to show/hide)

Suggestion-based RPG, with amorphous stats. You'll never get a solid number, and I won't have to deal with any; it'll help keep me attached to the game.

Also you don't know why you were in prison. Another thing I'm keeping vague so that everyone can react their own way. If you want, it's because you tossed a pie at a official (scandal!)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 10:11:37 pm »

Thank you.

Nah. I think my dad owned the game once, but it was broken before I was old enough to really get into those type of games. I don't even remeber it, unlike Soulbringer (which I have very faint memories of struggling through the tutorial) and Sonic CD (which I thought was amazing, because it was).
It's well worth obtaining a copy - there are still ways of getting it legally, and i'm sure there's torrents, too. or watch one of the many Let's plays littering the UToobs.
channel = #bay12lb

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 10:23:51 pm »

Dudes, Much as i appreciate being voted for, I think we should have a larger pool of candidates to make the choices more interesting.

Fine, I'll make my own character!

Name: Kayl of Inquisa
Birthsign:Cancer
Race: Felmae
Class: Criminal Honest Worker
Description: Life as a Felmae is hard, especially when your living in these aboveground cities. Having to see and smell all of these strange and often disgusting scents rather than the smell of good ol rock. Even worse, I had to look at these ugly apes and watch the acts of these greenthings...Shame that I have to learn the "family trade" out here...Well at least until I ended up in this ol prison cell...
Upbringing: Merchant Class
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Watwar5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 10:34:22 pm »

I suppose diversity is good, even if mine is very similar.

Birthsign:Sagittarius
Race: Felfae
Class: Acolyte
Description: A tall man with vibrant red hair gathered into a ponytail.
Upbringing: Scholar

Also, from what I gather, we have amnesia? Or have we simply been here so long we cant remember not being here?
You awaken on the dirty straw of a prison cell, with a dirty, gritty feeling all over your body. You've been here since... Since you can remember, but you can't remember any of your childhood.
This is like the crash course for all - if you can dodge a massive ball of plasma, you can dodge an arrow.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 10:06:02 am »

Kayle Kentar. Your parents must have loved Alliteration.

You're a Human, not that that means much.

You are Acolyte, a petty magic user with spells more suited to scaring away bookworms and moths than actually fighting monsters. If you could get a spellbook, maybe you could learn something useful...

You were born under the sign of Cancer. You've always been good at hiding, which came in useful at the libraries back home when you needed to acess the forbidden section. As such, you know how light and dark magic works, even if you can't use any yourself without proper instruction. You should be able to break any enchantments using the Mirrors though.

You're tall, tanned (how?), and are very, very skinny. this may be just a consequence of not being able to eat enough while you're in here. Your hair, as much as you can tell, is long and braided in the back. It's red, but the braid is falling apart; Skeletons can't do the delicate work and you've never been good with knots.

You were a scholar, you remember vaguely, sneaking in the library from the time you were a lad and reading, always reading. But eventually it got to be to much, and you did... something that got you landed in here. You read Clerical and Wizarding texts alike, but didn't have a chance to get at the real spells. You have the inner workings down, however, and should be able to cast any basic spells you come across.

You hear someone from another cell calling you. What do you do?

You have leveled up! You are now Level 1.
You have gained new Skills: Basic Elemental Magic, Basic Divine Magic, Alchemy, Staff, Sneak
You have joined a new Faction: University
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 10:13:46 am »

Might has well listen to the voice. It will probably be some sort of crazy, but what the hey, it's boring down here.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4