Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Legend of Lagdon  (Read 5446 times)

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Lagdon
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 06:45:02 pm »

Originally, that was the plan. But then I got lazy and decided to just add my adventures in adventure mode into the story; ran out of moments. :P
I'm planning SPOILERS to have an epic battle near the end where Oblivion, Orrin, and the four forgotten beasts, as well as another deity SPOILERS battle it out. The battle will be LEGENDARY. :D
"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom." -John F. Kennedy

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 07:25:55 pm »

(cont'd)
He laughed. It was the same hearty laugh I’d heard all those years before of working with him. And here he was! Alive! And an ELF! And my uncle! I always believed that life was full of surprises, but this was one of the best ones I’d received so far. I didn’t know why, but I felt honored, in a way, to have Vorak as my uncle.
“Orrin; my nephew! Look at you!” he exclaimed, clapping his hands on my shoulders, as though I were a long lost child. “Look at the size of you! How you’ve grown! After all those years-”
“We had best get inside,” Goul warned. “I sense a coming danger.”
Vorak nodded. “I sensed it too. He is near.”
“What?” I asked, looking to Vorak. “What is he talking about?”
“Come,” Vorak gestured to an open door near the end of the tunnel. “We have much to discuss.”

“So I’m an elf,” I said. “I know that much already. But I’ve got one question-”
Vorak waved me off. We were sitting at a circular wooden table; one which seemed to at one time have been the dining area for several dwarfs. I even saw the marks of beer mugs that were smashed into the table’s surface. Must’ve been one rowdy group who’d last lived here.
“That will be answered! But, for now, come! Show me what you’ve learned.” There was an eager look in his eyes, as he picked up his axe in one hand.
I hesitated. “I’m not…”
“Go on,” Goul said. “Show him what I’ve taught you.”
“Alright.”
Vorak grinned. I stepped out onto the center of the room. Still facing him, I slowly started to circle him. I remembered all that Goul’d taught me; to look for my enemy’s weakness. Except this wasn’t my enemy. Therefore, I was going to have to make an except-
Vorak’s axe swung out of nowhere and nearly brained me. With a yelp, I barely managed to escape it.
“Come on, child,” Vorak chided. “You’re not even trying!”
Okay, okay. I got my head back together, and readied to face him again; him and his large axe of doom. I could see the many scars of battle that crossed it. Maybe…
Then, he swung at me again. Only this time, I was expecting it. This time, I leapt to the left, parrying his swing with a slash to the right. I’d been carefully watching his axe blade, and noticed something.
A very distinctive crack, yet somehow visible only when he swung at me, stretched across his blade. It was very deep; not at all a hard place to hit, if you were aiming for that particular spot. However, it’s location on the axe made it the hardest to reach by accident. But I could see it. And I could hit it.
He brought up the axe again and unleashed a series of cuts and swipes at me. Parrying each of the attacks, I moved myself into position. This was going to hurt. He swung in a wide arc straight for my midsection. At the last second, I slashed my sword in the direction adjacent to the handle of his axe; directly to the axehead.
Boom!
Vorak’s axe instantly shattered; the blade flying in three parts straight into the wall of the room we were in. The handle itself remained fully intact; however the axe blade was decimated.
Vorak stared at it in shock. I grinned at him. Seeing my grin, an knowing that I hadn’t done that by accident, he gave a laugh of delight and clapped me on the shoulders with his hands again, nearly crushing me to pieces.
“You did it!” he exclaimed. “You-how did you do-nevermind. Goul taught you well, didn’t he! Now you’re ready!”
“I know a man by Lake Springs,” the tigerman said. “He often spoke of a Kabloid entering his bounds. Yesterday, two men were missing. I have a feeling that the Kabloids are back.”
“Kabloids?” I asked. “What are the Kabloids?”
“Dangerous mystic creatures,” Vorak replied. “Dark, dark, wicked creatures of the night. They are shaped like coffins. Coffins made of swirls of blue and shadow. They have the heads of skeletons, and are often seen in packs. They have no arms or appendages, and float simply in space. However, anything that touches them instantly starts to disintegrate.”
“Then, how do I kill them?” I asked.
Vorak grinned. “The best way is to just burn them up. Or blow them up. Either will do.”
“Kabloids are not as tough as people think,” Goul said. “They will only attack you if you’re alone. If you’re not alone, they’ll simply stay away until they outnumber you at least two to one. But killing them is easy, if one knows their weakness. The only way one could actually kill you would be if you didn’t see them coming.”
“They get to you,” Vorak said. “They come from all directions; in the darkness. Most people die simply because they don’t know how to kill Kabloids. The others are all who’ve lost courage when facing one of the beasts and giving up hope and surrendering to death.”
“I’ve killed one already,” Goul said. “During the night after we arrived, I spotted one by the gateway to the city. He was obviously trying to spy on us. The two guards didn’t seem to notice him, and he’d made a big hole in the wall already. I didn’t think twice when I threw the torch at him.”
“And he didn’t dodge it?”
Vorak chuckled. “Well, you see, Kabloids don’t know that fire can burn them up. There have been numerous incidents in the past when Kabloids have been known to, ah, accidentally burn themselves up, leaving a large dark scar in the earth. I’ve stumbled over such areas where Kabloids have dwelled recently. They especially like to come out during thunderstorms. There were burn marks all over the place near the plains of Jekka. You’d think that a whole army had fought a war down there before you’d arrived!”
"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom." -John F. Kennedy

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 07:59:31 pm »

(cont'd)
“Alright,” I said. “Kabloids sound easy enough. Where can I find them?”
“Simple,” Goul replied. “Be alone during the middle of night and the Kabloids will find you.”

“This is different,” I whispered. “Why are we standing at the gate?”
“I saw one here today,” Goul replied. “There’s bound to be more. Kabloids usually hunt in packs. There could be a hundred out there for all we know.”
I grinned, eager with anticipation. “Then let’s start frying.”
And then we waited. And waited. Minutes dragged by, then hours. My eyelids became heavy. Vorak was asleep, but Goul was still wide awake and perched on a stone column.
Then, suddenly, I saw something move in the darkness. “What!” I yelled. “A Kabloid!”
Vorak instantly got to his feet; Goul helped him gather his weapons. But I was looking at the figure, straining my eyes against the darkness to spot it.
Then, I saw another one. And another one. And another one.
“Oh, my…”
The words died in my throat as I saw the massive amount of dark figures against the sky. There they were; all one thousand of them.
“The battle will be epic,” I whispered.
Vorak frowned. “Wait a minute…those aren’t Kabloids.”
“No, not at all,” Goul said. “Those are goblins.”
I heard a shout on the walls above us.
“GOBLIN SIEGE!”
Oh dear.

“Wait a minute!” I cried. “They can’t be here already!”
Goul nodded. “Goblins are horrible scouts. They’d only come if someone had brought them here.”
My eyes became wide. “But the only people who know where the key is are Vorak, you, me, and…”
Jax.

I knew where he was. Jax had excused himself that day, the day I met Vorak, and had gone to the city library. He said he wanted to search for a book to read.
We found him by the fountain. He was writing on a folded sheet of paper rapidly, glancing about his shoulder as if he were afraid someone would catch him writing. I stepped right behind him. He didn’t seem to notice me.
“And, who might you be writing to, Jax?” Goul asked.
Jax gritted his teeth. “We have a traitor…”
“Of course we do. And I think I know who it is…”
“Jax, I can’t believe you would do such a thing.” I said. “Why? Why did you lead the goblins over here?”
Jax stood up and backed away slowly, raising his hands. “I didn’t do it! I swear! It was him!” He pointed an angry accusing finger right at Vorak.
“Jax, please, we’ve had enough of-”
“Yes,” Goul said. “Yes, you’re right. You brought the goblins here!” He drew his sword and pointed it at Vorak. “Why? Because you’re not his uncle, are you?”
Vorak grinned. “For a man as thickheaded as yourself, you do make an excellent observation.”
What? I couldn’t believe it. First Baidr, and now Vorak? I didn’t know whom to trust now. Everyone seemed to be betraying me. It’s a difficult thing to distinguish the good from the bad.
“I knew there was something wrong about you,” Goul said. “Oblivion!”
Vorak laughed again. “That’s my name, don’t wear it out.”

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 08:30:14 pm »

(cont'd)
Vorak laughed again. “That’s my name, don’t wear it out.”
The tigerman gritted his teeth. “Why are you here?”
Oblivion grinned. “For the key. For Horizon. Where is it?”
“Fight me!”
He laughed dismissively. “You are a lying snake in the grass. I can’t be bothered by such.”
But Goul stood his ground. “Oblivion, do you draw? If you won’t draw, then you deny the morality of your undertaking! You deny that your purpose here to release the forgotten ones is just. You accept the fact that you’ve been living under a lie!”
“I’ll have none of you,” Oblivion growled, the grin gone. “Prepare to die!”
Then, they fought. The tigerman slammed into Oblivion, who roared and grabbed him by the neck. Goul slashed his sword in an uppercut towards Oblivion’s chest. Oblivion roared again and tore away his sword from his grasp, as if it were made of paper. Goul grabbed his large hand, struggling to pull himself out of the chokehold. I was too stunned to do anything; to draw my sword and stab Oblivion. I was frozen; my feet refused to move. Oblivion grasped the tigerman’s sword by its handle and thrusted it straight into his body.
Instantly, the tigerman stopped moving. His body became limp, and Oblivion tossed it aside, as if it weren’t important. The blood of Goul was stained on his shirt. I was horrified beyond speech. Oblivion started for the exit of the library.
Fury flowed through my veins. Oblivion had first destroyed my home, and now had killed my teacher utterly.
I let out a cry and charged straight at Oblivion, my sword pointed in front of me. He instantly shifted to the side, but I’d been expecting that. I slashed into his arm, and he let out a bellow in pain. Instantly, I thrusted my sword into his back. With another bellow of pain, he swung his arm around and smacked me into the doors of the library, and out onto the street. My sword landed right by me. Instantly, I reached for it, but his foot kicked it away. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, Oblivion’s face was in my view.
“Don’t make the same mistake that other fool did,” Oblivion said, pulling me up to my feet. “Live long and well; don’t make enemies of people far more powerful then you.”
And, with that, he was gone.

Jax helped me bury Goul. I felt an overwhelming pain as I looked upon my former master for the last time. But I kept silent.
We packed our possessions, and headed eastward. We said nothing; I knew what I had to do. Oblivion had Horizon, the legendary key to unlock Starfire, in his possession. And he was going to ruin the world with it.
I had to stop him.
I knew where he would head next. I knew where Starfire was located.

One night, the night before we’d arrived to Lagdon and while we were travelling through the forest, something different happened. I was sleeping, when, all of a sudden, I heard a sound of feet shuffling. Instantly, I drew my sword, fully awake. I stepped towards the sound.
A figure was hunched behind a roseberry bush. It didn’t see me, nor did it show off any indication that it sensed I was there. I crept up to it, and put my sword by its neck area.
“Don’t move,” I said. “Or you’ll regret it.”
The figure froze. Then, slowly, the figure turned to me.
It was an elf. A girl elf.
I didn’t recognize her face. If I’d seen it before, though, I would’ve definitely remembered it. Her face reminded me of the moonlight.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 09:26:40 am »

And now he builds his army of elves, I take this rapid fire of updates is to make up for the time delay :D

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 04:57:23 pm »

But of course.  ;) There's only so much hours in a day.

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 06:09:29 pm »

(cont'd)
“Don’t move,” I said. “Or you’ll regret it.”
The figure froze. Then, slowly, the figure turned to me.
It was an elf. A girl elf.
I didn’t recognize her face. If I’d seen it before, though, I would’ve definitely remembered it. Her face reminded me of the moonlight. It seemed to shine even brighter as she turned to look at me. But what told me that she was an elf were the eyes. Her eyes were like twin pearls.
She appeared surprised to see me. For a second, fear flashed across her face. She turned to run.
“Wouldn’t do the if I were you,”
She froze, turning slowly towards me, a look of recognition on her face. “Orrin?” she asked in a whisper.
I lifted my sword. “Yes, how did you know my name?”
She smiled then, not a seductive grin, but a disarming innocent smile. I was stunned. But only a bit. I continued: “Who are you, and why are you following me?”
“I’m not following you,” she said. “nor am I trying to bring harm upon you.”
“Really. So, then, tell me, who are you?”
“I am Elena Heilie, daughter of Rhea, the Deity of the Moon. I am also your sister.”
I laughed. “No, no way. You must be mistaken. My mother was no Rhea. She killed herself a long, long time ago.”
She smiled again. “No, not killed herself. You never saw your birth mother before, Orrin. The ones whom you so think so strongly are not your parents. Not at all, nor will they ever be. And certainly not while both of your true parents remain alive.”
I’d been though a lot of deceiving. Tricks, lies; the whole carpet on top of me. Hell, I’d had my own best friends killed in front of me by other tricks. I hadn’t been able to see through them before. Not until now, now, when Oblivion, dressed as Vorak, had killed my one master Goul Das Harlingway. There was absolutely no reason for me to trust this mysterious beautiful figure in front of me now.
But, you know what? I did.
“What are you doing here?” I asked.
“What is it you want to do?”
That question puzzled me. Ever since I’d started the journey from Teurein to the ruins of Lagdon, I had only one thought in mind: to get there. I’d thought about neither what I was going to do there, nor what I wanted to do there. Now that she’d brought that question up into the light, my mind went blank.
“Do you want to fight Oblivion?” she asked.
“I want to find out who I really am.”
She smiled again. “You won’t have to wait for long; your answer is just ahead.”
I stared at her. Why didn’t I feel suspicious of her? Why did I have that feeling that she was telling the truth?
But I decided to trust my feelings. “Alright,” I said. “What do you want me to do?”
Her smile faded. “That…alright, follow me.”
I couldn’t believe how easy it was. But I followed her, leaving Jax sleeping inside the tent.

After much walking, I realized Elena was leading me into the ruins of Lagdon. I drew my sword, but Elena said: “Put it away; you’ll need it for later.”
As I followed her through the ruins, I recognized much of the torn-down, battered structures. One of them appeared to be the Magician’s Guild. I felt a sickening feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach as I recalled months ago when Baidr, Jax, and I had walked to the tower, in search of the book to incantations.
Elena led me down the gravel stairs, leading me through a narrow passageway into the wall of the stairs. I’d never seen that passageway before, but I kept my mouth shut. We walked through the narrow way for a few minutes, and then entered a large chamber. I recognized it as the town center, for the benches and tables were still there. But, now, a large glass dome had been built around it. Wooden stairs had also been built, leading up to an elevated platform. And, in the center, was the crystal.
My eyes froze as I looked at the legendary prison Starfire. Red flames seemed to flicker around it; swirling into the night sky. The air seemed to vibrate and pulse around it. But I felt a strong presence as well; something living inside the prison. I squinted my eyes harder into the red glare.
And saw a huge serpent stare right back at me.
“He is here,” I heard Elena say. “I have brought him.”
Then I saw a tall dark shadow rise out of the platform. And, in the glare of Starfire, I saw him, his tall dark figure wrapped in a jet-black cape, and his eyes red like fire.
Oblivion.
“Good work,” he said, addressing Elena.
“And my mother…” she began.
“Is also here,” Oblivion said, gesturing at a glowing light radiating off of the tunnel we’d just came out of. I turned as the light became brighter and brighter.
A tall, beautiful woman with white hair and long flowing white robes stepped out. I couldn’t speak; I could only stare at her. This was her. Rhea, the Deity of the Moon. And I, her…
“Son.” Rhea spoke, as if she knew my mind.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 08:06:26 pm »

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 05:45:50 pm »

(cont'd)
“Son.” Rhea spoke, as if she knew my mind.
“Son?” I whispered. “But…then who is-”
“I,” Oblivion replied. “I am your father.”
No! NO! What was happening? Did he just say he was my father? I spun around to face him in fury. “YOU? How can YOU be my father? You sent the goblins! You were the one who ordered them to slaughter the citizens! You were the one corrupt king! And you, in your insanity, YOU MURDERED my MASTER!”
I didn’t even know what I did next. All I know is that I charged at him, slashing at him with my sword. Our blades clashed, and then he threw me to the ground.
“STOP! Will you listen to me?”
“No!” I yelled, struggling to free myself from his grip. I was almost loose. “You are my enemy!”
“I may be your enemy,” Oblivion seethed. “But I am trying to SAVE the WORLD! Would you rather see me die and have those wretches living, or would you rather see them dead first?” He was gesturing at the prison.
“Neither!” I shouted. “You’re not-”
“Goul has LIED TO YOU!” he shouted in my face. “He has turned you AGAINST ME!” I ceased struggling, only because I couldn’t. He was far too powerful.
“Why do you think Goul wants to kill me? Why do you think he spoke all those lies against me? Because he wants both of us out of the way! Can’t you see? Goul wants to become a megabeast!”
“LIAR!” I shouted, but in vain, for the truth was starting to dawn.
“And when he realized that it wasn’t going to happen, he deceived you with his death to fight me, so that the foul creatures could be left alive, for another one to take his stead!”
Then, I don’t know why, but I suddenly started to laugh. Because you know what? It made sense! It really did! I had always felt that a figure had been missing; the pieces to the whole mystery didn’t add up. How Oblivion hadn’t killed me at Lagdon when he had the chance; why he’d waited all those years until I’d grown up; why he didn’t activate that portal all those years before. He had been waiting for me! Waiting for me to grow up, to become a man, and stand along his side to slay the beasts of the demonic foreign world. I’d been blind before, but now, now, it was like the fog was lifted. And I knew who I was.
He grinned as soon as he saw the realization dawn on my face. He laughed, and offered me his hand. I didn’t think twice. I grasped it and let him lift me up out of the dust of the ground.
“You ready for this?”
“Yes, father.”
“Alright!” Elena said. “But, father, what do we do now?”
Oblivion turned to the fire prison. “Now we fight.”
He turned to me. “The key,” he said, handing a blue glowing object to me.
I nodded, and took it. Horizon glowed brightly in my hand, as if it had been waiting for this very moment; to be reunited with its lock counterpart.
My fingers closed around it. With a look of determination, I drew my hand back and threw it at Starfire. Instead of bouncing off of the surface, the key appeared to melt into the large crystal, the blue swirls dissolving into the blaze. Then, the blaze appeared to get brighter and brighter. I shielded my eyes against the glare.
“Back!” I heard Rhea shout. “Get back to the surface!”

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 07:25:36 pm »

(cont'd)
“Back!” I heard Rhea shout. “Get back to the surface!”
I couldn’t see, but used my sixth sense to get to the surface. Even so, it was hard. The glare seemed to be everywhere. It was as the sun, only so much brighter; as if we were inside the sun. The light overclouded my senses, and I could barely remain conscious. But I stumbled through the crackling white fog and felt my way out of the cave, before finally stumbling out of the cloud of white. Then I saw I was standing beside my father and sister, on a cliff overlooking…
Overlooking…
Oh my God.
Armok help me.
No amount of training in the world could prepare me for this.
Gigantic. Monstrous. I’d heard of legends of forgotten beasts. I heard they were bigger than the average human. Bigger. But I’d never pictured them as big as…
Mountains.
All four of them were huge. Gigantic. Their heads swept across the clouds, and thunderstorms whirled around them. There was one huge bulky rock monster. I knew he was Titan. Bile was a large mound of acid. I could see creatures swimming around in his massive belly. Plague was a large salamander, with pools of blood covering his flea-ridden dark skin. The largest one, however, was a black dragon, with large fangs and breath that flashed across the sky like a thousand volcanic eruptions and red eyes. I knew who he was.
“Zenith.” Oblivion spoke. “It is truly unfortunate how we meet each other in such a fashion this day.”
“Oblivious…” A deep voice with wails to vibrate around it. “How unfortunate indeed. Let us never meet each other again like this.”
“Yes. Pray we do.”
“I have cursed the gods!” Zenith roared. “We are accursed; you and I. The wretched humans that populate this damnation are pulling us down! And you and I; we’re going to end up in a lake of fire if you continue to serve them any longer!”
“Then,” Oblivion said. “Then, I will see you in hell!”
With a roar, the vile Plague shot forward with the force of mountains behind him. I saw his large mass heading straight for us. Oblivion held up his hand as if to stop me from running.
“No,” he said. “Do not fear them.”
Then, saying this, he circled his arms around his chest and leapt into the air, towards the rushing mass of Plague. I was certain he would be knocked back; how tiny he was compared to the massive brute.
But then…
With a yell of the fury of the heavens, Oblivion struck the beast right in the center of his chest. Immediately, he was split in two. I watched as his spine broke in two, and his guts spilled out among the ocean. And, then, I remembered Goul’s teaching. For, even though he had been my enemy, his words were still in my mind. Everything has a weakness. Nothing is truly invincible.
Words like that.
And, then, I knew we had a chance.
I didn’t have any doubts whatsoever at what I did next. But I leapt with all my might; straight at the three remaining forgotten ones. Elena let out a whoop as she followed after me. I never knew she had any fighting ability, but, being caught up in the spirit of the moment, I didn’t notice it.
Then, I found myself face to face with Zenith.
The horrible monster grinned, pulling back plates of bronze and revealing rows of teeth of steel.
“So, the caterpillar finally ventures out of its nest,” He rumbled. “A pity. I would have liked to see you grown up.”
“Ah, yes, it is quite a pity.” I said.
“Today’s battle will decide what becomes of either one of us!”
“Yes,” I said with a grin. Now that I remember it, I was actually floating in front of the megabeast. But I didn’t know I was doing it. It seemed almost on instinct. Like breathing. You don’t know you’re breathing until you actually ask yourself “Am I breathing?”
“Come, sir,” I said. “Your pasado!”
Then, we fought. He snapped at me, but I, avoiding the steel traps of death, rolled in the air around him, my mind racing. I needed to find out his weakness. He wasn’t invincible.
He launched a series of swipes and bites at me. But I effectively evaded every one of them. Pulling myself closer to his face, I finally shot up and threw a punch right at his one right eye.
He let out a roar, opening his jaws up wide to devour me whole. I saw the fire come out of his throat. I noticed how the fire came from gas inside his mouth, lighted by sparks inside his throat, which then propelled the burning gas out of his mouth, to consume anything in its path.
I barely managed to avoid the blast of fire coming right out of his mouth. The flames licked the edges of my boots, as well as enveloping the clouds and setting off bursts of lightning. I saw him breath back in after the flames had cleared, readying up to roast me. And then I figured out his weakness.
I spotted a large abandoned plot of land, still fertile and filled with stray cattle. But, now that they had no master, they’d moved out onto the coastal area. That area now was filled with cattle, reproducing nonstop. As I dodged Zenith’s blasts, a plan began to form in my head.
I noticed that Oblivion was battling against the monstrous giant Titan, whose rock-hard skin seemed impenetrable to his kicks. He needed something more powerful than a kick. Probably not an explosion. More of an object…a propelled object…
I was now directly above the field; the cattle had scattered. Zenith hovered above me, certain I couldn’t escape his blast.
“I have you now!” he bellowed, and reared up.
But, at the last second, I shot straight up at his mouth, wide open. But I wasn’t the only thing going into his mouth; I’d created a funnel. His breath had sucked in all the gases in the air surrounding the field of cattle. And, now, I was heading straight for his mouth, propelling the gas towards his throat before me.
Then, the world exploded around me. The gases in Zenith’s lungs had ignited, and consumed him from the inside out in one massive ball of fire, which then exploded outward, propelled by the compressed air. But I was going so fast that the explosion didn’t stop me; it increased my speed by a hundredfold. And now I was speeding straight for…
Titan, whose back was turned to me; concentrated on trapping my father and dashing his brains out. But not today.
I was heading straight for his neck.
He didn’t notice me at all.
I smashed into his neck. I felt the hard outer rock break against me. I felt the impact of the blow jolt my shoulder. I felt myself wedge deep inside a rock crevice. I saw dust and rock shards fly all around me. Water dribbled on my forehead. With a numbing pain, I turned my shoulders in a more comfortable position. Then, I lay still and let the darkness close around me. The shuddering I’d felt only seconds ago disappeared entirely. I couldn’t think at all, and closed my mind to peace. I became still.
“Orrin?” I heard my father’s voice. “Orrin? Why are you lying there? Get up! The battle is over.”
As he spoke, I felt a strong hand grab my arm and pull me out of the dark hole I was in; out into the bright sunlight.
I blinked and rubbed my eyes. There was my father, standing tall; his eyes glowing warmly. There was my mother, Rhea, smiling also at me. There was my sister, who was dragging Jax by the ear to me. Jax was yelling about something. I didn’t know what it was. But, nevertheless, I smiled back at them. Jax fell silent when he saw me. He looked at the ground.
I placed my hand firmly on his shoulder. “It’s okay Jax,” I said. I saw the guilty look in his eyes, and I knew. He’d known who I really was all this time. He was the one who was really watching over me; to make sure I was safe and was doing all according to Oblivion’s plan. Those notes he wrote; they were to be given to Oblivion. And I also could tell, by the look on Elena’s face, that she and Jax were…
Siblings too? Cousins? No, this was something different.
I realized I was grinning.
Elena blushed. “I-I didn’t tell you, father. It was my fault. But I love-”
Oblivion raised a hand to cut her off. “That is the discussion for another time,” He said. “For now calls for celebration! We are victorious!”
I saw that he was right. The bodies of the four beasts were sinking into the ocean depths. Only titan’s body was now visible, but only like a large island of rock. The blood that once plagued the ocean waters was now gone.
We had won. And finally…

Home. We arrived home. The capital of Klymaestra was a sight to behold; golden and silver decorations littered the place. And the palace was held together by massive stone pillars with paintings of bronze figures on the walls. And the feeling of home surrounded it.
Oblivion held a large celebration, lasting for weeks and weeks. During the days, we would explore the palace, and Elena would introduce us to the servants and visiting ambassadors and other friends of hers. During the nights, we would dance under the stars and sing songs under the moonlight. And, during the celebration, Elena and Jax were married. It was truly one of the happiest days of my life; to see Jax so pleased and so joyous.
On the last day of the festivities, I saw Jax and Elena walking around the golden pearly palace gate. They saw my bags and belongings, and immediately rushed over to me. I laughed and greeted them with a warm smile and a hug for each of them.
“It is truly a reward to see you two together and happy,” I exclaimed.
“Yes,” Elena said. “But where will you go? On more adventures?”
“Me?” I stretched my back and shook my head. “I don’t know. I’ve thought about living in peace; settling down and building myself a home, and maybe raising a family.”
“But…what about…”
I gave her a kiss on the forehead. “The rest of the kingdom is yours, my beloved sister. For I have no use of it, since I am one who can never find peace inside palace gates. But rule it, and preserve freedom.”
I released her and turned to Jax, putting my hands on his shoulders. “And you, my brother; you are the ruler of all of Klymaestra. Rule it with a kind heart, and a kind spirit, and never ever take away what goodness remains in this land. Rule with justice and fairness.
“As for me, far be it from me that I should demand anything of you, whether unjustly or wrong. And I will never forget you or your kindness to me while I was still an orphan. But, now, remember to fear no force of evil, be it as strong or as mighty as it seems. Do not ever fail or falter in making righteous judgments. Set your sights on higher waters; on the lands past the horizon. And go and spread the borders to our kingdom to the ends of this world. And, I will be with you, always.”
With that, I left them.

The kingdom continues to spread throughout the west long after I left it. There are now new heroes; brave adventurers; heroes seeking challenges and honor and glory. All to be painted across the canvas of history.

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 07:27:21 pm »

As the first great tale of our brave hero Orrin draws to a close, a new arc begans of young adventurers who, inspired by this great tale of awe, also depart on a journey to the ruins of Lagdon to uncover the mystery behind the forgotten ones.

Thank you all for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! :D There was quite an adventure involved in conjuring up this legend, but I won't go into that. :P

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 11:55:47 pm »

This was a great short story captivating indeed. Great work hope to see more

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 12:01:00 am »

THIS MUST GO IN THE HALL OF FAME!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 05:41:59 am »

THIS MUST GO IN THE HALL OF FAME!

It shall be so.

Nice story by the way! (What is better than nice?)

Looking for more as
a new arc begins of young adventurers who, inspired by this great tale of awe, also depart on a journey to the ruins of Lagdon to uncover the mystery behind the forgotten ones.

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 02:37:40 pm »

I've already posted up the upcomming arc of the newer adventurers. It's called the Legend of Rubin!  :D

Pages: 1 [2] 3