Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Hyperion:Relaunched  (Read 22625 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Pixel Station
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2011, 05:43:51 pm »

Quartermaster/Trader is interesting enough for me, I'm already a scientist in another game, so I'm not going for that.

Besides, I'll be having the final say in most deals, plus get to distribute supplies as I see fit!

(I really like economic stuff as well as scientific.)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2011, 05:45:26 pm »

I've already said scout right?
BBB
BYB
BYB
B=blue
Y=yellow

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »

Alright, I'm going to give you guys a glimpse of my personal backstory, because Edio gave me a great idea to spice things up. I'm going to use information from my scifi story and splice it into Pixel Station, to make things more !!EPIC!!. Prepare for intergalactic, transdimensional war at the hand of highly-advanced ancient xenos, bitches!

Btw, if you want to be a genetically-altered alien hybrid like in my story, let me know. It'll open up a few interesting storyline details, as well change how you react to certain things. Some good, some bad.... Send me a PM, and give me a reason why you should have this honor. ;) And yes, you'll still be a member of the station's crew. Its like being a Dwarf or an elf rather than a human. Same system, different stats/skills.

Story ahoy!
--- --- ---

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:45:53 pm by Ehndras »
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2011, 05:50:40 pm »

Maybe spoiler it? :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2011, 05:53:35 pm »

So if you have that story, is WorldForge done too? ;D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2011, 05:53:43 pm »

Lemme Guess:
Advantages of Mutants:
High Strength
High Durability
High Intelligence
Disadvantages:
High Food Intake
Moderate to Severe Insanity

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2011, 05:59:31 pm »

Heck I wouldn't mind being a Mutant :P

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2011, 06:10:43 pm »

Ok guys, created the Pixels OOC thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=95563.0  :D

Don't suppose you could pop it in the original post? And that's a fairly long back-story...
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 06:56:22 pm »

Ok guys, created the Pixels OOC thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=95563.0  :D

Don't suppose you could pop it in the original post? And that's a fairly long back-story...

Well, its not exactly canon... In my scifi story, the fall of man was attributed to the discovery of a sarcophagus containing a well-preserved Achremoc spawn, held in the arms of a woman. The spawn was the first Achremoc-human hybrid created by the aliens themselves, and the woman was its mother. All we did was splice the DNA of their hybrid and create our own. A big spoiler is the fact that the Seven Scientists weren't all on the same page. The true genius behind the project was an elderly man who hid a part of the Achremoc genetic code as a failsafe against a build-up of power. Without this completing aspect they would never achieve the perfect state of the firstborn achremoc and would inevitably decay into madness and then death. Only by feeding on human organs do Achremoc survive. Just barely. Sickly, decaying flesh walks the Earth, their darkened visages as dark as the shadow of Death himself.

Point of posting the story is that there are multiple alien races on Earth who have been hidden for thousands of years. There will be 3 such races on the station, working to survive like the rest of the crew. As especially-gifted Achreminos, or "Children of the Ach'remoc", these hybrids have their own unique strengths, weaknesses and abilities that vary on the individual. Due to their position on a high-class piece of military technology, they have the chance to stabilize the Achremoc genome through the capture, study, dissection, and interrogation of captured aliens the crew finds. (a-la X-Com)

I warn you, being an Ach'riminos is not easy. It is fun, though. Also, these aliens aren't your enemy, so no freaking out with paranoia guys.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 07:04:34 pm »

Lucky me, not being a xenophobic type.

As long as they don't think that they should become alien overlords with absolute control, I'm fine with 'em.

If they do, then I subtly hint that such a thing will result in supplies being... misplaced... out of the airlock.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:06:11 pm by PyroDesu »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2011, 12:01:08 am »

hehehe... I'm having fun making weapons systems.

So far I have guided missiles, a plasma blaster, a laser cannon, a huge jagged drill (extra pain for bonus points!), and now I'm designing a huge particle beam, hehehehe...

Oh, the fun!

Btw, no one wants to be a xeno, a changeling or a hybrid? o_O

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2011, 01:06:45 am »

I said I wanted to be a hybrid :( no one pays attention.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2011, 01:30:33 am »

As I stated...

SEND ME A MESSAGE VIA PM IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN BEING A XENO-HYBRID ;)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2011, 01:32:04 am »

That was just me joking I really prefer being a normal person after all who wants to be stronger, and faster than others. Pssssh that is overrated I want my battles to be life, or death not life.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2011, 02:45:39 am »

Heh, that's what you think. Every xenorace has severe penalties to balance their positive traits. I don't run games where people have ridiculous advantages. When they do, I cut them down. Real quick. ;)

Being a xeno is supposed to be an extra challenge, like embarking in a volcanic chasm without starting equipment, but with well-trained military Dwarves. Yes, you have an advantage, but the odds are stacked against you.

:)

But oh well, its alright. I only want 1-3 xenos anyway, to spice it up. One so far, from an ancient race of changelings that abandoned the Ach'remoc to live among mankind fifty thousand years ago. For millenia they have walked among mankind as guardians, believed to be the spirit guides of the living. Famed for taking the form of a silver-eyed Arctic Wolf, they are primarily hunters and mercenaries; true to their ancient roots. Eons ago their people were enslaved by the Ach'remoc and forced to become soldiers and spies, their indentured existence bound to the ranks of the Ach'remoc Imperial Legion. When the Darkspawn came from beyond the stars, even the billions of soldiers under the banner of the Sword of Akiros could not heal the seething wounds torn into the fabric of space itself. As billions dwindled to millions and the empire that once spanned a thousand worlds began to fade into the recesses of Time immemorial, the Ach'remoc revealed their secret weapon Ikhtrios Ulr Volnihr; roughly translated as the "Star of Entropy". In a kamikaze mission to dispel the Darkspawn once and for all, the High Commander of the Imperial Legion led the flagship 'Equinox' into the Darkspawn gate, and detonated the Star of Entropy within their own dimension. Somehow its power was so great that it rippled into our universe, perhaps the same way they arrived, and initiated a wave of terrible destruction within thousands of galaxies beyond the impact zone. Ancient stars across our universe began to implode from the power of the dimensional weapon detonated in the Darkspawn's dimension. In an effort to rebuild what was lost, the Ach'remoc retreated to their home world and began to rebuild what they lost in the war. For eons afterward, the beings of the universe shall witness what they call the 'Eternal Light', cast from the glow of dying stars. This was fifty-thousand years ago, when the most tyrannical force ever to hold the reigns of Fate were matched by the most horrific beings born beyond the limits of our universe itself.

As far as humans know, none if this ever occurred. It is from that history, though, that mankind had created its ancient faiths and legends which to this day are told in circles across the surface of Earth's broken shell. Humanity is about to find out just how vast and unknowable their universe really is... When all of their wildest dreams, and deepest nightmares, come true.

</epic-story-tiems>
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:04:16 am by Ehndras »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26