Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Hyperion:Relaunched  (Read 22657 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Pixel Station - Turn 01
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2011, 05:57:07 pm »

Have you tried booting from a LiveUSB of Linux and looking through your files from there?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2011, 06:41:16 pm »

I dont use Linux or have any idea how to.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2011, 06:49:14 pm »

Is that why your computer kept bugging out when we tried to play Civ?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2011, 09:10:24 pm »

Is that why your computer kept bugging out when we tried to play Civ?

Yep :|

I can't even play SS13 or use most programs cause of it. Its the second time i've gotten it, heh. I find it funny I somehow managed to get the same malicious worm twice in my life by complete accident. Its some random malicious worm used in 2004 to attack some government program, don't remember the history but most heavyduty anti-virus programs can get rid of some version through an annoyingly-lengthly process, and I'm currently trying to find the one I used last time. I just get the program onto a flash drive and I can get rid of it like last time. :)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2011, 09:13:13 pm »

Could I Play?
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2011, 09:26:26 pm »

Could I Play?

Alright, PM me some info. :) Read up the first two turns and such so you can learn how things work.

I'm going to need to know what your job/expertise/experience is, then I'll plug you in next turn. :)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 02, 2011, 06:01:35 pm »

Hmm. This is unexpected.

I'm preparing to go to Ft. Hamilton for my military stuff sunday morning til monday night, then taking my 4-hour Life Insurance New Jersey State Licensing exam on tuesday, then Im leaving the country on wednesday so I won't be able to update for the next month apparently.

I'll try to work on the RP while I'm out, and I have a lot planned.

I'll see if hopefully I can make an update saturday night so I leave you guys with an epic start on the planet with a scouting crew landed and my extra-special event already taking place. :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 02, 2011, 10:38:20 pm »

Try to work on WorldForge eventually too, I want to see how that party turns out.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 03, 2011, 05:36:12 am »

Well, no alternative but to wait then Don't you want to go AWOL or something?  :P

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2011, 11:09:07 am »

Ok, I've officially launched Pixels! now here's the website:

http://www.pixelsgame.org

It includes a main page, forum and chat, we also own the .net extension but that won't work fully until after new years. But yeah I'm really excited about this just wanted to tone it down a bit as I'll be posting this message on every pixels thread so sign up and go nuts, also if you would be so kind as to create a topic on other forums you have an account with to get more visitors coming in that'd hugely appreciated.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2011, 12:54:43 pm »

I think Ehndras has shipped out by now. He said he was leaving bey noon today.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2011, 06:58:53 am »

In Brazil still, not coming back til January 2th. Got shaky internet at a friend's place where I'm on at the moment. Been working on TONS of Lore, backstory, plots, races, planets, etc. :) Got my flashdrive and my laptop with me, so don't think I quit on you guys. I was not expecting to leave the country, it was... Sudden.

In any matter, here's a scanned diagram of the Arkhan'a language's basic characters. And yes, Pyro already told me I screwed the Swastika. It was meant to reflect the ancient symbol of Power and Life, the actual Swastika, which weirdly enough exists on every corner of the world and much to my surprise is even naturally occurring in the center of a Brazilian fruit that grows in the Amazon rainforest. How eerie.

In case I haven't mentioned it yet, the Arkhan'a language is an amalgamation of English, Italian, Arabic, Norse, German, Latin, and a few other languages, its Alphabet numerically based on English while featuring other unique characters to symbolize dual-letters and other such features, and has a highly-complex  that no living language has. English is read left to right and written left to right, Languages like Chinese and traditional Japanese (tategaki, not yokogaki) are written and read top to bottom, and others like Arabic right to left. Arkhan'a started out as a secret code I created when I was about 10-11, so its very complex in its nature. It is written from top to bottom, right to left, and read right to left while each word conjunction is read left-to-right. Wat? Yeah, I know. Its extremely difficult to crack as a code, unless you know what each letter is, what each symbol's secondary meaning is, as well as its metaphorical meaning. In linguistic terminology, Arkhan'a has logographic, Phonographic, and Ideographic forms.

Therefore you have 3 manners of being read and 3 manners of being understood, so in one script you can have 9 possible dialects using the same language. :) I pride myself on my ridiculously-complicated language, hehe. I always have a substitution Codex for every basic word in the English language as well as expressions and ideas unique to my Lore and that I commonly use.

In any rate, like Runic languages in games like Elder Scrolls, Arkhan'a will be making a cryptic appearance in Rise of Hyperion: Pixel Station.

Also, if anyone was wondering... I'm left-handed. I've always had trouble writing in traditional American notebooks because the bindings on the left make my hand rub into the book due to the way I hold a pen or pencil. High school was a PAIN due to those damn spiral metal bindings in college-ruled multi-section notebooks my teachers demanded. :| It's so much easier to write from right to left, haha. The actual original Arkhan'a started out as me pulling a Leonardo Da Vinci and writing backwards English in my journals. Then, I mixed English and Portuguese. Then I started replacing characters. Then I created the Antitetragrammaton Rule (don't even ask.). So on and so forth, til it because less of a code and more of a complex language with 3 Alphabets, 3 Styles, and 3 Graphic forms. Always did have a weird obsession with the numbers 3, 9 and 13... For some reason they've popped up in my life more than any other number, always bearing important news and change.

Anyway, enough confusing you guys. Time to get to work on posting that update before I head to the wedding tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:17:04 am by Ehndras »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2011, 07:17:33 am »

Woops! Sorry about the image, didn't realize its friggin' HUGE. Going to have to edit that later.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Hyperion: Pixel Station RPG
« Reply #283 on: December 16, 2011, 07:29:29 am »

Just put it in a spoiler and mark it 'HUGE IMAGE', you don't neccessarily need to remove it from the page.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Hyperion: Pixel Station RPG
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2011, 07:42:46 am »

Just put it in a spoiler and mark it 'HUGE IMAGE', you don't neccessarily need to remove it from the page.

I didn't :) There's a spoiler in the middle of the post with the image in it. I hadn't realized I accidentally posted a second, non-spoilered copy at the end.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26