Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Weaponize This (devlog quote)  (Read 36144 times)

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponize This (devlog quote)
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2011, 03:24:48 pm »

He needs a stake anyway.
A club....
How should he put it through a vamp's heart?
*OHHHH*
Ah, I like the idea of the inflicted pain.
greetz
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2011, 03:32:05 pm »

zombie vampire werebadger necromancer.

Named Obok Meatgod.

F*** yeah
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2011, 03:46:44 pm »

I'm keeping all of my corpses behind glass, so that the necromancers can see them without actually being able to get to them. Just because. I may also fill them with water to simulate incubation tubes.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2011, 03:53:15 pm »

Genius idea with the tubes^^
And then the necromancer revives a building destroyer and ‼FUN‼ begins...
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2011, 04:34:46 pm »

Perhaps it would then be wise to atom smash all of your building destroyers' corpses. Or toss them all in a pit with a grate over it. That should keep the dead in, for the most part.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Vindictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2011, 04:42:24 pm »

Oh, don't act like you don't want to have a couple dozen animated elephant hides running around strangling gobbos to death.
Well, I now have an urge to end sentient life.

I think I'll go meditate for a bit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2011, 05:37:34 pm »

Oh I would, it's just a matter of controlling them. Perhaps if goblins path to undead created by a necromancer we could toss them all down into one large chamber and use a one-way ramp to let goblins in during sieges. And of course burrow restrictions that keep the idiot dwarves out...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kylarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2011, 06:38:33 pm »

I get the feeling a fortress with vampires would likely turn into a dwarven version of "Daybreakers" just for the fun of having a loyalty cascade of vampire hunting dwarves vs the rest of the full on vampire fort feeding from the blood. Dwarven blood would be the of the near most value, with the dwarven laborers getting spooked as they go missing while tending the unicorn herds.

Other thing I'm guessing is that vampires, they will just "appear" in your fortress during a migration. You get your standard migration message, count X dwarves, but therapist and the census will report X+1 dwarves in that wave. If they are Stoker's vampires, they will be normal dwarves in "Light" squares and berserker awesome dwarves in "Dark" squares.
You mean the ability to have endless training dummies, a carpet of eyestalks and tendrills, and a plant that both makes for some good grizzled sea man hard liquor AND the ability to turn your dwarves into the Night´s Watch...not reward enough?

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2011, 07:34:24 pm »

I thought I read in the child care thread that a child drank puke while in his isolation chamber because it was covering the floor grate to the only water source. So danger room your vampire with actual spikes once or twice, assign him to a burrow over a nearby grate as he bleeds and then designate that as a water source or just destroy all other water sources. It's not all that dwarfy though because in order to get them to drink water you have to get rid of all the booze. Then again, with personal alcohol stockpiles and micromanagement it might be possible to keep SOME booze and only infect who you want.

Disclaimer:
This is all under the assumption that the dwarven child actually did drink sheep vomit and wasn't just complaining to get attention
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2011, 03:57:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2011, 04:29:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pic (?) broken for me.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2011, 04:33:01 am »

Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2011, 05:59:59 am »

Boost One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2011, 06:09:00 am »

Broken for me, describe it?

'A broken image inside a spoiler'.  :D

Quote Wann and copypaste the URL. I don't understand the picture's relevance though...?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2011, 06:13:18 am »

Broken for me, describe it?

'A broken image inside a spoiler'.  :D

Quote Wann and copypaste the URL. I don't understand the picture's relevance though...?

Hilarity of having necromancers hanging around and a refuse/corpse pile.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16