Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Weaponize This (devlog quote)  (Read 36179 times)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponize This (devlog quote)
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2011, 12:05:33 pm »

"Okay, we're going to work out just who the vampire is by sending everyone outside into daylight"

"Huh... they're ALL vomiting and writhing in agony...Whoops..."

But that guy is vomiting blood. Get him!

Urist McUlcer has been but down!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2011, 12:06:22 pm »

"Okay, we're going to work out just who the vampire is by sending everyone outside into daylight"

"Huh... they're ALL vomiting and writhing in agony...Whoops..."

But that guy is vomiting blood. Get him!

Urist McUlcer has been but down!
Alien McUlcer cancels drink: Melting.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2011, 12:30:19 pm »

I wonder if there's a dwarven god that looks like a winged snake.
According to this comic at least, the dwarven god of !!FUN!! would appear to be something similar in those regards. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2011, 12:39:10 pm »

I may well start digging a brand new dorf tower every migrant wave and having that wave all live there with no exit and only one central chamber where goods can be pitted for trade. When a vampire or other threat is found, they are to be isolated in yet another tower strictly for their own kind. Then, we let the !!SCIENCE!! begin.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2011, 12:58:26 pm »

Hey assuming that vampires don't feed off of other vampires, it would be rather easy to double check your findings on if a dwarf was a vampire. All you would have to do would be to stick him in a room with the known vampire. At that point he would either die or be proven a vampire, or maybe both at the same time!
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2011, 01:05:04 pm »

Perhaps you can just let the vampires kill all the other dwarves (less the starting seven), and have a vampire fort run by only the chosen among the living?
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Sethner Von Hertts

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Creed: Fiat Justitia Ruat Caelum
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2011, 01:09:19 pm »

Try all your nobles for vampirisim.
If the all those in the heavens refuse me salvation, then all those in the heavens will die by my hands.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2011, 01:45:32 pm »

I plan to build a large aztec style entrance, covered in the blood of sacrificed animals and goblins, and when that migrant walks in....

THE ROOF FALLS DOWN

The migrants looks in surprise as it is contained within a small 3x3 cell even as it is knocked unconscious by the dust, hopefully also severely injured.

After being dug out, the dwarves then bring the migrant to a traction bench, and strap it down.
The chief medical dwarf notices the strange symptoms.... And diagnoses the dwarf as a vampire.
The guard close in, looming through the doorway, demanding to see the migrant, axe raised....

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2011, 01:47:16 pm »

I wonder - now that I've thought about it - could one of the starting seven could be a vampire?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2011, 01:51:46 pm »

I wonder - now that I've thought about it - could one of the starting seven could be a vampire?

Before the dwarven justice system was set up? Could have varying degrees of !!FUN!! involved.

I think there should be a poll of how many dwarves would dedicated their fortress to propagating vampires or purging them from the bloodlines :D

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2011, 02:36:17 pm »

I don't think so. Dwarves can only become vampires during world gen/gameplay. And since your starting seven are randomly generated on the spot and aren't true historical figures there would be no way for them to contract. vampirisim.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2011, 03:27:19 pm »

Hey assuming that vampires don't feed off of other vampires, it would be rather easy to double check your findings on if a dwarf was a vampire. All you would have to do would be to stick him in a room with the known vampire. At that point he would either die or be proven a vampire, or maybe both at the same time!

Or you could just toss him in a murky pool. If he floats, he's a vampire. If he drowns, he's not.

Or was that witches? More !!SCIENCE!! needed!

Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2011, 03:32:20 pm »

Or you could just toss him in a murky pool. If he floats, he's a vampire. If he drowns, he's not.

Or was that witches? More !!SCIENCE!! needed!

No, you're talking about necromancers and werewolves, if the dwarf swims innately, he's a werewolf, if he drowns and is resurrected, the dwarf in front of him chanting stuff like
IA DAGON! IA CTHULHU! FTAGN1!!!!11!one!! is a perfectly normal dwarf.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2011, 07:02:23 pm »

I shall be doing ‼SCIENCE‼ once this version is released to see what happens when vamps and wolves try to infect each other.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2011, 07:04:54 pm »

A lot of these vampire screening tests we're coming up with seem to neglect that DF vampires will be randomly generated. What works on one kind of vampire may not work on another. I can just see paranoid overseers screening for every known vampire trait in a world that never had any vampires survive worldgen.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16