Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Weaponize This (devlog quote)  (Read 36145 times)

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponize This (devlog quote)
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2011, 11:07:33 pm »

In fact, it appears that you can order the military to deliver a beating to -whoever you want- after a vampire bite!

"Sir! Urist McRipper has struck again! what should we do?"

"It must be Urist McSladeMandate, he's a shifty bloke"
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2011, 11:08:22 pm »

does this mean we can have military kill random people now?  Because that would be HILARIOUS!
In fact, it appears that you can order the military to deliver a beating to -whoever you want- after a vampire bite!

What's that? The Duke just ordered twenty dwarves imprisoned because we traded earrings to the merchants? Soldiers, you know what to do.

edit: aah ninja
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2011, 11:10:11 pm »

King DZA, _I_ am the ruler of Hell.  I even have a happy little town, beach and pleasantly-engraved floors and walls.

Go send the riff-raff somewhere else. Hell is a happy place for hard-working dwarves.  It's not for trouble-makers and n'er-do-wells.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2011, 11:20:50 pm »

King DZA, _I_ am the rule of Hell.  I even have a happy little town, beach and pleasantly-engraved floors and walls.

Go send the riff-raff somewhere else.

No worries, I have no intention of taking your place, as I'm you you are doing a wonderful job of looking after it for me.

CRAPPY, ON-THE-SPOT ATTEMPT AT AVOIDING DERAILMENT:
I wonder if there will be some sort of plant that will deter the vampires, similar to garlic. It would be neat to see a vampire burst into flames or something after it got too close to a plump helmet.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2011, 11:26:03 pm »

Should be modable, at least.  Toady is working on the silver werewolf death...

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2011, 11:29:27 pm »

does this mean we can have military kill random people now?  Because that would be HILARIOUS!
Nice to finally have a proper use for the city guard. Does this mean that my guards wooden training weapons will be super effective?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2011, 11:38:16 pm »

Only if you're using wooden spears or daggers.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2011, 11:57:55 pm »

Only if you're using wooden spears or daggers.

Soldier: Sire the vampires have invaded again!
Commander: Release the Elves!

Later
Soldier: Sire the elves have invaded again!
Commander: Release the Vampires!

I am totally seeing a mutually beneficial (to the dwarves that is) scenario going on here.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 12:01:36 am »

My only plan on this to weaponize vamps:

Identify vampire dwarf [by oh, throwing him and a random migrant in a room]

Throw vampire in room

Have vampire be fed [aka, dumped useless migrants] every day once

Release vampire on goblins

Watch as your creation not only kills, but DEVOURS goblins/elves/dwarves [most likely a combination of elves/dwarves [or goblins]]

Laugh evilly.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2011, 12:03:52 am »

Daily feeding is obscene.  It'll probably be yearly or every two years, more than likely.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2011, 12:49:50 am »

With my luck, I will choose the vampire as my sherif...  Why, no, I will not "punish" myself.

Other random thought:

Duke Urist McVampire mandates that no wooden spikes or training spears can be made.

<edit> Having never fought a vampire in DF, do you have to use a sharp wooden object?

Boost One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2011, 01:36:18 am »

Urist McDracula has been quite content lately. He admired a superior quality coffin lately. He took joy in slaughter lately. He had a truly decadent drink lately. He was burned by the sun lately.
He is three thousand years old, born on the 17th of Obsidian in the year 3.
He is very tall and thin. He is clean-shaven. His eyes are completely black. His long hair is messy. His long sideburns are messy. His hair is completely black. He is very pale. He has long canines.
Urist McDracula likes bats for their haunting cries. Just bats. When possible, he prefers to consume dwar... uh, he means, elf blood. He absolutely detests garlic.
He doesn't need alcohol to get through the working day. He refuses to go outdoors during the day for any reason.
A tall, peculiar creature who professes to appreciate the finer things in life.

Urist McDracula, Noble, has accused Urist McPeasant, Peasant, of being the vampire!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 02:29:52 am by Boost One »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2011, 02:18:33 am »

I think I'll just make any suspected vampire dwarves into full-time woodchoppers, for many reasons.

#1. They'll wander around up on the surface with an axe. If there's going to be an untrained dwarf wandering around up there during ambushes, seiges, badger rages and titan attacks, then that dwarf should be a vampire. With an axe.

#2. It's kind of nice to think that your vampires are not only not adapted to caves, they're actually used to being above ground - rain, hail or shine. No pouncy vampire clitches here.

#3. Vampires are evil. I am more evil. It brings me great joy that my vampires will have to take part in their own demise, harvesting the wood that will undoubtably be the cause of their stake and spear filled demise.

#4. It will serve to train up my hunters, as they become the hunted. Firing wooden bolts at my vampire that he himself cut the wood for (and perhaps even crafted into a masterwork delayed suicide device) is another irony I look forward to subjecting my poor, bedraggled vampires to.
It's a game. Have fun.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2011, 02:27:57 am »

At one point I'd modded gold to be a weapon material.  I ordered my finicky mayor to produce a gold axe, and then had him killed with it.

It's the next best thing to strangling with silk~

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2011, 02:34:59 am »

So armies of armoured vampires draining the blood of goblins into undead, subservient cohorts. Maybe some are necromancers too! The regular military died? No worries! Raise them as your very own unliving army that stands sentinel by the entrance way and kills all interlopers with the cold, dead efficiency of robots! Zombie robots! Controlled by vampires! WHO ARE ROBOTS
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16