Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Weaponize This (devlog quote)  (Read 36138 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponize This (devlog quote)
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2011, 01:05:35 am »

That would be a Hell of a lot of Fun, but I doubt many of us have curious structure saves just lying around...
Actually, I could easily find one, in a matter of minutes.  The issue is, adventure mode doesn't seem to have the same ques as fort mode.  I found a structure, tunneled down, and abandoned.  Then an adventurer went in, and there were no zombies.  I pulled the sword (using the "pick up" command) and nothing happened.  I don't know what would happen if you laired it, or used modeswitch, or you managed to find an untouched structure that had never been embarked upon.  That might generate your usual Fun.

Just be aware that only dwarf adventurers count.  Humans can't see underground very well at all.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2011, 01:12:47 am »

Since many clowns do not leave corpses but elemental remains, ash, coal or piles of flame...would we end up with undead elementals? Because let me tell you, necromantic/negative energy/entropic elementals may unlock a whole new branch of science, ANTI MATTER!
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2011, 01:15:22 am »

Actually no, the undead require a grasp or a head.  Arms, yes.  Rolling heads, yes.  Legs, no.  Ash, no.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2011, 01:19:51 am »

Actually no, the undead require a grasp or a head.  Arms, yes.  Rolling heads, yes.  Legs, no.  Ash, no.

Someone, quickly, mod in Undead Energy requiring non organic remains and no heads!...

I can see this going so horribly wrong and your block/bar stockpile standing up and going on a mad rampage

Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2011, 01:24:31 am »

I was toying around with the raws once and made it so most metals would vaporize instantly. Later I made a fort in the same world and immediately after embark I got a cavern collapse warning and my view was zoomed into the heart of a curious structure, where the gaseous remains of its treasure were swirling around. For whatever reason I could see small patches of the structure as if they had been revealed. Shortly after that I started getting zombies turning up dead in the unit log and reports of zombies and clowns fighting. So no, the undead and HFS are not allies.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2011, 01:48:53 am »

I was toying around with the raws once and made it so most metals would vaporize instantly. Later I made a fort in the same world and immediately after embark I got a cavern collapse warning and my view was zoomed into the heart of a curious structure, where the gaseous remains of its treasure were swirling around. For whatever reason I could see small patches of the structure as if they had been revealed. Shortly after that I started getting zombies turning up dead in the unit log and reports of zombies and clowns fighting. So no, the undead and HFS are not allies.
Good, problem solved.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2011, 01:51:17 am »

This is the remains stockpile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2011, 01:55:25 am »

What the hell is that?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2011, 01:56:20 am »

What the hell is that?

Necro golem from DnD i think.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2011, 01:59:02 am »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2011, 02:35:10 am »

What the hell is that?

Ehehe... Speaking of necro golems and DnD, I and my friends were playing and convinced the dungeon master to let our warlock and barbarian 'merge with the meat' of some meat golems. Essentially, the warlock at some point realized he could punch right through them, and somehow got the crazy idea that he could step into them and wear them like a suit, then completely take over the meat golem and use it as armor. At that point, the barbarian did the same, and then they got the idea to merge them together, along with the party's baby beholder, Potato, becoming Meat Mech! It was glorious, we even came up with our own rules to govern it during play, but it died during the final battle of that campaign, so the warlock, barbarian, and Potato had to continue as normal.
That whole DnD campaign was very dwarfy.

Now, how can we implement THAT into dwarf fortress, and make it a vampire and triple lycanthrope (becoming a warlock, human soldier, or beholder at different times. Or maybe just use castes with one natural lycanthrope form each?) Then they must be able to instantly cannibalize kills and thus regenerate themselves.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2011, 03:15:55 am »

What the hell is that?

Ehehe... Speaking of necro golems and DnD, I and my friends were playing and convinced the dungeon master to let our warlock and barbarian 'merge with the meat' of some meat golems. Essentially, the warlock at some point realized he could punch right through them, and somehow got the crazy idea that he could step into them and wear them like a suit, then completely take over the meat golem and use it as armor. At that point, the barbarian did the same, and then they got the idea to merge them together, along with the party's baby beholder, Potato, becoming Meat Mech! It was glorious, we even came up with our own rules to govern it during play, but it died during the final battle of that campaign, so the warlock, barbarian, and Potato had to continue as normal.
That whole DnD campaign was very dwarfy.

Now, how can we implement THAT into dwarf fortress, and make it a vampire and triple lycanthrope (becoming a warlock, human soldier, or beholder at different times. Or maybe just use castes with one natural lycanthrope form each?) Then they must be able to instantly cannibalize kills and thus regenerate themselves.

I had a warlock/sorc gestalt that used soul jar and a deactived iron golem to transfer my soul over to it. Said warlock got killed for destroying a floating city by accidentally hitting its power crystals and caused  several billion golds worth of structual damage and killed every single person on the city causing it to crash into the depths of the ice capped sea below it. Turns out i (a warforged warlock initially) was built by the illithids and they had a trigger-on-death portal open up and suck my fleeing soul into their own little soul jar. Krom got splintered into soul shards and was used to infect another cities worth of warforged. Krom succeeded a series of saves and rolls and a) retained some consiousness and b) Achieved diety level 1 from the cult worship that sprung up around me, my old fluff clothing (necklace of hands from fallen foes, a skinned elf from the Outer Realm where we initially went to retrieve Kroms soul after the party escaped and i had to roll another char) and various other tidbits. It's all rather fun. DM genned the char but replaced warlock with the kinescetist. Heres the test roll charsheet...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BCNN984D

oh yes and i got a handful of vile points from the bovd for the deaths...but since it wasnt intentional sacrifice the demons i had made a pact with (Asmodeus i think) never bothered to rescue me. The feat section isn't all that great. the DM used core book feats only or i would have had fun with non-core splatbooks
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 03:17:43 am by Wannazzaki »

Boost One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2011, 03:22:45 am »

Not that there's anything wrong with dropping a ceiling on very migrant.

If you like that sort of thing.

... "If"?  ???
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16