Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Ageless Infinte Space: Lets Explore!  (Read 4269 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Ageless Infinte Space: Lets Explore!
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:33:19 am »

Ok, I've been brooding this up for a while and I think I want to try to make a space adventure where anyone can make a ship and explore space, do spaceship stuff, and even some space station stuff and maybe some asteroid and planet stuff; probably wont get a lot of people (definitely reduced since I cant do art stuff).

Anyways Interest check for a spaceship game where you have to draw to be able to play (not well but draw none the less), suggestion for stuff is welcome.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:48:04 am by rarborman »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check time!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:40:55 am »

I'd be interested. It'd be an excuse to draw more frequently.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:30:49 am »

Me want in. If I can put llamas on every planet in the galaxy I'm in.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:48:36 am »

Sure, you can put llamas anywhere you want, as long as you can afford them.

Also you should start drawing up you what you want your ship to look like, how long it is, mass, ect. because its going to be what your controlling most of the time.

Also what is the image number max per post for b12g?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:14:30 am by rarborman »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 12:19:14 pm »

If your image URL, [.img] tags inclusive, is 25 craracters, then, assuming there is no hard limit, you could get 1600 in.

Might be a hard limit, though.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 12:54:16 pm »

Got to hope for no hard limit, because the only way for me to do this is with lots of small pictures from random places, puzzled together into an actual picture.

Also I can actually start this if someone will be kind enough to make a set of nice black squares with white dots on the corner about 50x pixels 100x pixels(at corners and 4 at center)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 01:56:20 pm »

About when will you need the ship picture by? Unfortunately I like to take my time when drawing, and I have work.

EDIT: And here is a black square with white dots like you wanted.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:52:21 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 09:21:36 pm »

I am no artist, but this relates to my interests. ^.^

Any particular limits on the ships? Either image-size-wise or functionality-wise?

Just curious as to whether we're talking leaky brass cauldrons with shuttle rockets, corporate strip-mining haulers, capital-scale battleships with warp capability, thriving cities built onto the backs of star-whales, or somewhere in between. Or all of the above.

Also, cooperative play or competitive?
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 01:58:59 am »

We can get started if anyone has an idea what they want their ship to be.

Spoiler: don't open (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:43:18 am by rarborman »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 06:37:56 am »

Sounds awsome. I may wish to join.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Ageless Infinte Space: Lets Explore!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 06:41:59 am »

Alright interest check is over anyone whom wants to play can now submit ship specs/sketches and receive your image size limitation.

Please submit images in spoilers, and specs in code.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:52:22 am by rarborman »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ageless Infinte Space: Lets Explore!
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 07:05:50 am »

So if I want to join, what do I have to give you?

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 07:25:37 am »

1. A sketch of any kind of ship that you want to be for the game.
2. The length width height of actual units of measurement that it would most likely be.
3. Features that it has like weapons shields engine armor ect.
4. A guess as to its mass, in actual units of measurement.

Then I will give you the image limitation, and you will take your drawing and make it fit into it, pointing; up, down, left, right, and each diagonal, with a black-black background.
Then upload them either as 8 separate .png images or, and I'd rather not but I'll take it anyways, an 8 layered .gif, and give them to me.

I'm going to accept just about anything of any size.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 07:58:05 am »

Does this constitute a sketch?

I am really bad at measurements. Couldnt estimate the measurements of a plank of wood even if I got hit in the face with it. All I know is that this ship carries 4 drones and has really good shields and engines. Possibly an exploration ship.

Crew of 5-10 I guess. So it cant exactly be tiny.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 08:05:28 am »

Accepted as sketch, make it bigger in an 100x100 pixel square and do the other facings and I'll be happy, In the scale I am hoping for a 5 man ship to be a bit bigger... maybe around 2 times that... it being an exploration ship, and give me a sketch of the drones.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5