Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 8038 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2011, 02:29:36 am »

I feel sorry for Tau. After the new Necron codex, they're litterally the only codex with a crappy troop choice.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2011, 02:31:38 am »

say, what? what do you mean? explain, please.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2011, 02:47:43 am »

Fire Warriors have guardsman stats but neither the strangth in numbers or the flexibility, the 4+ armor is not stong enough to face large numbers of fire or the overstatuation of special weapons. They only syergise with Pathfinders which are expensive because of the manditory vehicle and can only be taken in three, and there no way to avoid their shitty leadership. And of course they fold in assualt.

Actually, I'm wrong, Guardians are pretty bad too.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2011, 03:02:18 am »

here's the fact why i preffer fire warriors to guardsmen: their guns have longer range than a stonethrow. so yes, when they are assaulted, they usually die, but that's why you have the Kroot, or Gue'vesa. you have your fire warrior squad sniping down enemies, while the Kroot go in CQC. the Tau are not well rounded, like the spehs marinesh or guardsmen, so you have to actually combine the troops to achieve maximum efficiency. you have the fire warriors, Kroot and Gue'vesa to kill the infantry, pathfinders, hammerhead tanks, and crisis/broad battlesuits for mopping up the vehicles. while no, their stats are not great, they allow for more difficult, and fun gameplay. i never had the same amount of fun with my guardsmen, because they are well-rounded (i.e. equally bad (unless mass deployed) in CQC and long range).

and here's my point of view: no army in WH40k is bad. some have less all-around infantry than the others, but that makes up for more strategy both in-game and before, when you have to arrange them in such a way that they are well-balanced, but do not eat up your entire points supply. well, that's my point of view, yours is different, i guess.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2011, 10:29:48 am »

Well the Tau are suppose to get a new codex in early '12 so I for one am eagerly awaiting it.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2011, 10:51:08 am »

wow, sucks to be orks vs trollzhyn wound evey other model in the unit on 4+ if he kill one of them means lots of dead boyz, and he be trollin´ , swapping bodies,
and mid controllan... yeah it seems like you need d-cannons to keep him down.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2011, 12:42:59 pm »

a real ork warchief just rounds up da boyz and goes killin' da 'umies who nicked the bloomin' beer

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2011, 06:23:26 pm »

Well, aforementioned friend has no opinion on the the Necron revamp, as he's wanting to finish some other stuff before he gets back to them.

In other news, I didn't lose a battle today.  Tau/Eldar alliance against a basically human force (it also included some demons[1]).  Unfortunately, I couldn't resolve the battle, due to time, so no idea if the critical errors I made were deal-breakers or not.

[1] And, at one point, nearly another demon force coming along uninvited with absolutely no loyalties to either side, thanks to a critical psychic failure by my opponent's Librarian... :)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2011, 06:49:57 pm »

OH GOD THE NEW NECRONS ARE BEAUTIFUL

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels task: Is a Dumba**
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2011, 09:47:50 pm »

Agreed. Unfortunately my friend plays them and he was good with them even when they sucked, so I'm pretty scared.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2011, 10:03:41 pm »

Agreed. Unfortunately my friend plays them and he was good with them even when they sucked, so I'm pretty scared.

I killed a shadowsword with scarabs when they were still in 3rd edition codex >:D

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2011, 08:50:22 am »

so i checked the Games workshop site, and indeed, the new necrons look better, and more importantly more varied. i probably won't play with them, but maybe i'll convince my brother to start a new army next to that eldar one.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2011, 09:47:53 am »

I know the ratlings suck and so do the special ops squads for IG... but I still love em... spreading out ratling snipers to pin enemy big-bads and bum rushing with suicidal detopack-inf to teach termainator inf new respect for there little friends is a joy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2011, 05:03:37 pm »

New Necron Infantry:  :D
New Necron Vehicles:  ::)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels task: Is a Dumba**
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2011, 07:23:52 pm »

I killed a shadowsword with scarabs when they were still in 3rd edition codex >:D

Y-Y-You stay a-away from me Loud Whispers...YOU HEARTLESS METAL MONSTER!  :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5