Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Tribal Empire  (Read 6550 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Empire
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2011, 04:04:09 pm »

"I assume it was a slip of the tongue, sire. Seeing what the goblins do would be useful though."

Yep, we gotta get our rep up. And overthrow Duke and put me in charge.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 04:23:32 pm »

Aesthetically, I'd like to take a couple of peasants that are idle and clean up around the tribe. Gotta make sure that I announce myself as "Adviser to the King". Effectively, though, no change. Agreeing with kaian, but not cerapa's overthrow thing... Figureheads are valuable.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 03:36:52 am »

"My deepest apologies sir. my tongue slipped. I thought it was a wise idea, and that in your wiseness, you will accept... Of course you are the only one able to take decisions here. we only are advisors..."
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2011, 06:51:20 am »

[I accidentally this turn post. My bad] :(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:41:52 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 06:57:07 am »

put the resources into making a stronger military
"Mi'Lord as we have spotted 7 goblins, more than our entire military combined, I believe we should allocate resources to our military in case of attack"
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 07:02:03 am »

"I agree with this, lord. five warriors might not be enough to repel the filthy greenskins."
put the 30% ressources in "larger army"

//beautiful maps by the way  :D//
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 07:04:28 am »

"While I agree that a larger army would be quite useful, we should also construct fortifications in order to defend our people."
Put 20% towards a larger army and 10% towards fortifications

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 07:13:19 am »

"we should not divide our efforts, or we'll have none completed when greenskins come."
30% in larger army THEN relocated at fortifications.
Full Sig

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 07:16:40 am »

"we should not divide our efforts, or we'll have none completed when greenskins come."
Agreed.

EDIT: END TURN
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:33:14 am by cerapa »

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2011, 07:19:36 am »

Agreed as well. End turn?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2011, 07:28:31 am »

End turn.
Full Sig

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2011, 07:29:41 am »

I agree as well. End turn

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2011, 08:41:12 am »

Woops, I modified the previous by accident.

When you are happy with the discussion of
the turn, and are ready to move on, please post "End Turn"
in bold and underline, with information on actions you
have decided to put forward.

Note: All the advisers do *not* need to agree on one outcome,
if you strongly believe in something, then put it forward. All decisions
will be considered, and chosen by the King.

Day 9, Month 4, Year 1; Summer

The king agrees and puts 30% of resources towards recruiting population to the army.

Day 11, Month 4, Year 1; Summer

You have been summoned by the king to meet in the Village Hall.

The Village Hall is a great building made of hundreds of stitched hides, long tree-tall branches holding it up high, their ends pointing out of the top. The skins have been tied to the branches by bodily sinews.
The entrance is nothing more than a thick flap of hide.

As you attend, you find the other advisors in attendance, the king and Kinynn Undh and his party.

King Duke's face is dark as he sinks into his appointed seat, the others seeming to only just have arrived. You all take seat, and Kinynn, standing, begins his tale.

"We headed out northwards, as directed. Obard and the other hunters kept us supplied with wild meat, and our waterskins were often filled with water from the lake. We followed the coast and then broke away as it turned westward, and skimmed around the border of the forest.
On the ninth sun, we rejoined the coastline and followed it north through the foothills of the mountains and headed toward strange lands.
On the twelth night, we saw fires across the water to the south-west from the foothills, so we decided not to light our own.
The coastline went north-east and north-west alternatively over the next couple of weeks, but eventually turned westward and then southward.

We scouted out the geography what we could, but we kept as direct to the mission also as we could.

Eventually one one of the nights we saw fires to the south of us and could guess we were on the same side of the lake as the Stranger Folk. We snuck up to the encampment that night and saw them. We couldn't make out much more than silhouettes against the fire, but they appeared to be alike to us in appearance, and seemed jovial and unaware of our presence. They wore outfits of fur and skin.
They had equipped weapons of sticks with sharp stones. When they slept, we were able to steal one and get away with it.

We continued southward and into a forested area, and headed south-eastward towards the coastline that we know of.

After eight suns of travelling, we came to a break in the trees to a more deforested area. Down the hillsides, we could see the lake and our coast. To the south-west was smoke, so we followed it. It led us to the Stranger Folk's village.

That night, we attempted to snneak into the village. Their perimeter was fortified with trenches and waist-high flat-topped logs on the village's side. We were able to enter the town successfully, due to a downfall of heavy rain to cover our approach.
Their houses were of wood and they had small farmlands like ours within their defences. We were able to throw one of their man-carriers for the water over the trench and retrieved it on our escape."

New Research Option
Coracle Reproduction
Stone Spear Reproduction

Spoiler: Known World (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Heroes & Quests (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vallandar Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vallandar Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stranger Folk (click to show/hide)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2011, 09:20:50 am »

Put 10% to making spears the rest to building our military
Lord, we must put this technology to use immediatly. But we must not forget the aproaching golbins and must increase our military.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2011, 09:30:23 am »

I knew we were club-level...but spears? We really need to do some sciency stuff.

Everything into spears. I dont even....thats like a gigantic step up from clubs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7