Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Tribal Empire  (Read 6541 times)

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Empire
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 05:46:48 pm »

We have a navy of 0. Does that mean we have not figured out how boats work, or that other tribes have them?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 06:01:12 pm »

We have a navy of 0. Does that mean we have not figured out how boats work, or that other tribes have them?

Yeah, I was hoping the "Devilry" part would count as wtf-is-a-boat.  :D
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 06:03:11 pm »

Heh, thought so.

"M'lord, I concur. The hunters can observe whatever it is they're trying out there, and if it turns out to be nothing... Well, they can grab game on their way home. Not a second wasted!

I also agree with my other colleague. North West would be the quickest course of action!"

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 06:04:21 pm »

Duke scoffs, "Would you have me send them walking on the water? I take it you mean *northward*, then, yes?"
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 06:08:10 pm »

I lack a sense of scale, but I think I have the hang of it now. Sorry, I'm half distracted while typing.

"Not that subtlety isn't great, m'lord, but straight at them is what I mean. No need to circumvent when all we need is a direct line of sight towards... whatever it is that they're doing. Though yes, more north than west."

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 06:30:22 pm »

Day 1, Month 3, Year 1; Summer

The king raises a hand, nearly yawning at the same time, calling for a halt. "Yes, yes, very well. I'll have the boy send hunters northward to find a way around the lake, to the Stranger Folk, and to spy from a distance on them."
Duke gives in and yawns unabated.
"I believe I will find my way to my... tent... and retire. I will leave you to your discussions, trivialities and quarrels on any further plans. I'll have them recited from the messenger boy tomorrow."
With that, the king scratches his rough beard, and with an outrageous flaunt, flicks his cape about him - which is just as dusty and rugged as everybody else's, if not moreso from all his wandering.

You can use this moment to discuss amongst yourselves any short-term, long-term and immediate plans. Any plan is viable, although it has to be given verification from the king if he wants it to happen.
For example, he might allow for a number of scouting parties to be sent out, or a handful of warriors to guard a position. Meanwhile, he might not allow you to send half the population to scout all over the place, he won't allow you to "magically" come up with the brilliant idea of boats, he won't let you send one guy to go on a suicide mission over the mountains - especially without beasts of burden to carry supplies, you simpleton club-swingers! - and so forth.

Keep it realistic, basically.

Right now, you're living in tents, poking holes in the dirt and chucking a fistful of seeds into it, picking your nose and wiping it on your fur loincloths and fishing and hunting with sharp sticks and big rocks.

(I'll get a distometer put onto the map at some point tomorrow. Also, "research" fluctuates, so don't try and estimate how long something will take to develop - some days it might go up by 1%, whilst others 10%!).

Spoiler: Known World (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vallandar Report (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:35:30 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 06:37:33 pm »

Consider getting King of Dragon Pass if you like the idea of this forum game. I have a feeling you'll enjoy it.

So, other adviser peoples, what should our focus be on? Getting our sticks to be sharper, in case our hunters are followed back? Building nicer houses? I don't think we really need to appease the big guy quite yet, we haven't done anything to tick 'em off.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 06:50:55 pm »

I've finally decided on the setting.

I've added it to the OP, in fanciful description.

Night.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 07:24:25 pm »

So how many resources do we have access to? Because I can't help but notice that we are at month 3 but have no progress on any of the things we have invested in.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 02:50:36 am »

So how many resources do we have access to? Because I can't help but notice that we are at month 3 but have no progress on any of the things we have invested in.

You start at Month 3, because it's just turned Summer - I thought it'd make more sense, rather than having Month 1 in summer, and then having the turn of the year in Month 9.

Resources are handled elsewhere - it's you, as the advisors, job to handle diplomatic and public happiness.

It's entirely possible for you to win over the people's love altogether, and to overthrow the Despotism/Monarchy, and to form a Senate - or some sort of Council. Think Romans.

Just because you make a decision, doesn't mean the king will always do what you want to do, you see.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 03:59:58 am »

For the moment i think it's better NOT TO make Duke angry.
Wait, no progress at all?
Oh it's just still the first day...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 05:42:37 am »

New Feature:
You can now assign soldiers as heroes and send them on any missions available.

Be careful, because they can be killed or lost in action. However, they can return with loot and gain experience/level up.

Basically, you're the quest giver for once!
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 09:04:18 am »

New Feature:
You can now assign soldiers as heroes and send them on any missions available.

Be careful, because they can be killed or lost in action. However, they can return with loot and gain experience/level up.

Basically, you're the quest giver for once!
Oh So its like "My Life as a King" on the Wii, its a Crystal Chronicles Extra tale. You play as the Young King Character from CC game who arrives at a promised land set aside by his father. Which happens to be built up with Walls, a Castle, Tower, Roads, Plots and this Giant Crystal (whodathunkit) in the middle. You build the Town by summoning Villagers to live in it, from those Villages their Teenage Children can be hired on as Adventures to go out into the world and go dungeon diving. Its actually quite good too...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 09:30:20 am »

Oh So its like "My Life as a King" on the Wii, its a Crystal Chronicles Extra tale. You play as the Young King Character from CC game who arrives at a promised land set aside by his father. Which happens to be built up with Walls, a Castle, Tower, Roads, Plots and this Giant Crystal (whodathunkit) in the middle. You build the Town by summoning Villagers to live in it, from those Villages their Teenage Children can be hired on as Adventures to go out into the world and go dungeon diving. Its actually quite good too...

No.

Fantasy Empires
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 09:57:06 am »

Dude I just used a more "recent" game as a Reference...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7