Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Indie Royale  (Read 13114 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Indie Royale
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2011, 04:06:22 pm »

As someone said before, it's kind of like the HIB, but worse (worse games, worse prices, limited multiplatform). I'm not impressed.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2011, 05:41:55 am »

Another bundle launches today. I was going to wait for the bundle to release to buy, but I actually like the pre-order bonus this time. 8-bit Christmas music. I liked it. It was nice. I'm paying an extra 50 cents or so (because I'm always late on it, anyway) for a collection of 8-bit music, something that I really like (all of my cellphone ringtunes might be from 8-bit video games... >.>). All in all, it's not a bad deal, especially if you end up buying the bundles anyway, like I do.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2011, 11:41:00 am »

Desura has previews written for every major game ever now?

Desura is a mod installer (and probably has all the information from moddb) so has information about pretty much any game that has been modded (fairly recently). Though didn't MW2 remove mod support? I guess people made moddb pages for a load of games that don't really need one.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2011, 11:48:16 am »

This might be the first pack I don't buy, only 1/4 that seems intersting to me, need to be at least half for me to buy it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2011, 12:27:45 pm »

Desura has previews written for every major game ever now?

Desura is a mod installer (and probably has all the information from moddb) so has information about pretty much any game that has been modded (fairly recently). Though didn't MW2 remove mod support? I guess people made moddb pages for a load of games that don't really need one.

Lots of games with no mods have pages. It's pretty easy to get sent to moddb from Google, which can be annoying when there are no mods to be found there.

The current sale has The Oil Blue and in the description they quote about.com.
See why About.com calls it "...a rich and rewarding experience that’s really unlike any game out there."
Whoever copy/pastes the descriptions in is a moron. Whoever made the "game" comes in a close second.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2011, 03:01:12 pm »

Is Dino D-day actually good?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2011, 03:16:19 pm »

... three bundles and I've not found any of them altogether too interesting, yet :/
Even the weaker HiBs gave Indie Royale offers a run for its money...

Addenum: graphics-wise the nazi dinosaurs thing doesnt look bad, but still, meh.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:33:54 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2011, 03:19:40 pm »

Dino D-Day is a freaking joke, that they even have the gall to charge for what is a low-grade Half Life 2 mod is pretty atrocious. Very little polish and nothing really that interesting despite the goofy premise.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2011, 03:19:56 pm »

This is quite a bland-sounding bundle. Again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2011, 03:48:25 pm »

Dino D-Day is a freaking joke, that they even have the gall to charge for what is a low-grade Half Life 2 mod is pretty atrocious. Very little polish and nothing really that interesting despite the goofy premise.

Ooh.  Is it really that bad?  That was one of the ones I was slightly interested in.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2011, 04:01:21 pm »

I have to say this might take the cake for the worst Royale yet. I made the mistake of pre-ordering and Santa has gone and put some !!coal!! in my (now) !!xXstockingXx!!.  :-[

Dino D-Day is an aweful game and I wouldn't want that smear on my steam page.
Eet keys have been exploited by a certain iPhone app and there are so many copies online now that the game is worthless.
theoilblue sounds like an interesting concept for a game but the gameplay (from the trailer) looks like a tetris style minigame with a themed border.
The Blackwell Trilogy looks like the only worthwhile thing here, sadly I'm not in the mood to sit down and play a point and click adventure game.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2011, 04:23:45 pm »

Hmm... Blackwell Trilogy is the only thing that interests me. Guess I'll pass on this unless the price goes down.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2011, 05:37:14 pm »

I have to say this might take the cake for the worst Royale yet. I made the mistake of pre-ordering and Santa has gone and put some !!coal!! in my (now) !!xXstockingXx!!.  :-[

Dino D-Day is an aweful game and I wouldn't want that smear on my steam page.
Eet keys have been exploited by a certain iPhone app and there are so many copies online now that the game is worthless.
theoilblue sounds like an interesting concept for a game but the gameplay (from the trailer) looks like a tetris style minigame with a themed border.
The Blackwell Trilogy looks like the only worthwhile thing here, sadly I'm not in the mood to sit down and play a point and click adventure game.
Yeah... I feel the same way. I was severely disappointed with this one. I really enjoyed the Christmas music, but the rest... bleh. The Blackwell Trilogy, however, looks very interesting.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2011, 09:16:16 pm »

I played Dino D-day with my wife a bunch - and we loved it while there were players playing it. So it doesn't look as good as BF3... at least it runs fast on most computers and provides for a lot more gameplay variety than... heck, most modern FPS!

I see it as more of an oldschool FPS with non-standard classes. If you look at it that way, it's pretty cool! Your mileage may vary, but I value trying something different very highly...

The Oil Blue was surprisingly addictive when I played it too! I quite enjoyed it, but then got busy, stopped playing, got out of the loop (many machines damn it!) and never got back into it.

Don't know the other ones!

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2011, 11:12:09 pm »

Caved in and got this. Can't say that I'll try all of the games, but the Blackwell trilogy has been good so far. It's got some pretty funky music, in a good way. I'm liking it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9