Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Indie Royale  (Read 13129 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Indie Royale
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2011, 03:47:24 pm »

I just announced a giveaway of all my Desura keys, and the Steam keys of the games I didn't want on this forum. This community is awesome, and I want to give back a little.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

TheCze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2011, 04:33:39 pm »

Ben There, Dan That & Time Gentlemen please

65QIP-9AMMD-FHVBC
Please only take the key if you actually like adventure games

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2011, 09:14:08 pm »

I think I'm getting this bundle for Fate of The World. It's a game that I've been wanting.
Same here mate...
Cost me $3.23AUD just now...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2011, 09:15:49 pm »

Not was I was expecting for this bundle, ack. Nightsky and Scoregasm both look interesting, but I probably won't purchase the bundle for just those two.

At least they're not Humblebundle repeats, yeah?

Edit: I'll trade my Binding of Isaac/Blocks that Matter Steam key for NightSky and Scoregasm. PM me if anyone's interested or if I'm out of line and ought not to do this.

It doesn't exactly equal out, since you can pay what you want for the Humble bundle, but I figure I may as well try.

Ehh neither of those games are attractive to me at all... Especially Nightsky which looks extremely blah.

Please don't stop discussing on my account. By all means YOU like them.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:45:43 pm by Neonivek »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2011, 10:07:41 pm »

I just announced a giveaway of all my Desura keys, and the Steam keys of the games I didn't want on this forum. This community is awesome, and I want to give back a little.
I'm collecting one extra of each of the bundles and will do this eventually.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2011, 11:15:59 am »

Not was I was expecting for this bundle, ack. Nightsky and Scoregasm both look interesting, but I probably won't purchase the bundle for just those two.

At least they're not Humblebundle repeats, yeah?

Edit: I'll trade my Binding of Isaac/Blocks that Matter Steam key for NightSky and Scoregasm. PM me if anyone's interested or if I'm out of line and ought not to do this.

It doesn't exactly equal out, since you can pay what you want for the Humble bundle, but I figure I may as well try.

Ehh neither of those games are attractive to me at all... Especially Nightsky which looks extremely blah.

Please don't stop discussing on my account. By all means YOU like them.
I played through NightSky, and I have to say, you are pretty correct about it. However, it's a nice relaxing game that isn't too punishing, for those times where all you really want to do is listen to some calming music. Honestly, I like games like that. They are pretty bland gameplay-wise, but the backgrounds are pretty, and the music is delightful, so I played through it.

Also, Fate of the World just got all 3 DLC added. I can't quite get the hang of that game. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2011, 12:14:52 pm »

2 extra games added. Unfortunately, both are for Desura or regular download. I like Steam codes :(

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2011, 02:39:33 pm »

The current price has dropped back down to £1.65 if you were one of those who missed getting it earlier.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2011, 03:56:20 pm »

2 extra games added. Unfortunately, both are for Desura or regular download. I like Steam codes :(
And they (Generic indie 2D shooters) have been added to my giveaway!
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2011, 05:41:07 am »

Gah, why are these soundtracks taking so long to download?

So, any guesses on what the next bundle's going to be?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2011, 11:39:01 pm »

Gah, why are these soundtracks taking so long to download?

So, any guesses on what the next bundle's going to be?
Oh... hmm... Well, I'm not sure. I feel like they go for really unknown games in the bundle, and rely on one big game to sell the bundle. I'm still going to buy two of them, though. I'm a fan of indie game bundles. Plus, I'll giveaway them after a while.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2011, 08:57:15 am »

http://www.indieroyale.com/newsletter/80

Indie Royale is changing their giveaway. From now on, it's not pre-announced set times (which crashed their site last time), but also the starting price is $2.99. However, you can pre-order at $3.99 to have the games when they go live.

Hmm. I dunno if I like these changes. Maybe it's because they're having better game selection? I also don't want to pre-order if I can just wait until the games go live. I haven't decided if it's good enough to pay $3 for, so why do they assume I'll pay $4 for unknown goods? I find the whole thing rather silly. They're even considering a pre-order bonus for (hopefully very far into the) future bundles. Because really, that's just how to annoy people.

Sad face. I liked this bundle. They were like Humble Bundles, but... worse. I can understand the time change, but every other change is for the worst. Only bad things are added, and I'll assume they'll get 100-300 preorders, which won't really help out on servers when the bundles go live. The increased charge would make sense if we knew what games were in the bundle. But we don't. Anyhow, figured you all should know.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2011, 10:20:46 am »

That is pretty silly.  I'm certainly not going to pre-order something that I probably already have half the games for. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2011, 10:47:12 am »

I guess the general idea of pre-ordering still works here sort of, you pre-order something when you have faith in the distributor's overall product quality that you are willing to take a slight gamble on something before you get a fully developed idea of it's quality, and get a guaranteed early pick-up in return. So really it's not THAT much different from pre-ordering a triple A title because you never really know until you play (Or wait for reviews).

There's still a few problems with that though. Two releases probably isn't enough to instill a significant amount of confidence in buyers. Normally when buying a game ahead of time you're willing to pay full price to play it now instead of waiting for a discount three or more months down the road whereas with this type of deal the price is going to be fluctuating immediately after it gets released, allowing people to get an optimal deal mere minutes or hours afterwards.

Honestly though, as long as they don't pick up that pre-order incentive bullshit or hike up the prices to >$5 I don't care too much about what they do.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2011, 10:52:38 am »

I didn't even want 2 of the games from the last bundle, and the third was kinda maybe keep game. The only one I wanted was the World Sim game. Which name due to how late it is at night has escaped my mind...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9