Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Indie Royale  (Read 13112 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Indie Royale
« on: October 26, 2011, 01:29:26 pm »

http://www.indieroyale.com

So this is an interesting idea that I've just read about on RPS, article in the link below:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/10/26/bundles-of-love-indie-royale-site-launches/

Basically the idea is that they intend to bring out packs of 4 games every fortnight. The price starts at around what it is now and goes up as more people buy it. Read in the RPS article for a better explanation.

I've bought it just for Sanctum, I watched the Yogscast videos and it looked alright.

So, thoughts?

Edit: Oh and the games seem to work on all platforms across a few different software. For instance, direct download, Steam or Desura.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:32:43 pm by Briggsy16 »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Indie Royale
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 01:43:50 pm »

Oh geez thats tempting.  Hrm, I already have sanctum(its great).

I'll think about this more...
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:48:45 pm »

Looks interesting. Also, A.R.E.S.? My first thought was "Megaman". 

Well, I would have bought it, but they declined my prepaid credit card for some reason (I've got plenty of money left on in), so too bad for them.  :-X
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:56:55 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 01:57:08 pm »

Looks interesting. Also, A.R.E.S.? My first thought was "Megaman".

I'm mostly interested in Nimbus.  I've almost bought that game a few times.  :)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 02:04:14 pm »

Kinda like the Humble Bundle, only with a higher minimum price. None of the games really interest me except Sanctum and I don't want to make it cost more just for one game.

And now Calhoun gifted it to me so nothing in there for me.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 02:09:35 pm »

I hate to beg like this, but my normal source of internet-money has died on me. I would be extremely grateful to anyone willing to grant me a pack that still has valid Steam codes. Thanks a million.

EDIT:It seems to be the same problem as Flying Dice. I've got a prepaid card I use from humble bundles and steam sales, but this site won't take it.

2ND EDIT: Problem resolved 67 cents later.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:32:37 pm by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 02:10:30 pm »

I hate beggars.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 02:15:56 pm »

Oh, I chose a good time to get my income revived; as well as to get in on this (2 bucks!! ^_^). Roughly 50 cents for each new game (as of this post; provided you didn't have the others), is not half-bad.

I always wanted to see what Sanctum was about, and what a price.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 02:25:29 pm »

I bought two copies. Of the two copies both of the Sanctum keys turned out to be duplicates and coule not be activated on steam. A kind stranger heard me talking about this on a chatroom who already had the game and sent me a code. That turned out to be a duplicate. Thats three dupes of Sanctum I have currently.
I sent a support ticket to the team and hopefully they can sort out this mess. Apart from that it's a great idea and I fully endorse it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 02:31:07 pm »

I'm getting a similar effect with Nimbus. I think some people are getting the same codes at the same time when claiming, and it's causing duplications.

I suggest DDing it, and adding it to the list. I don't know if it can still auto-update, but you'll have it at least, and DRM-free.

EDIT:
Nimbus is a fun little game.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:05:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 02:31:15 pm »

I hate beggars.
Mmynes, one would hope that such threads for the aristocratic gentlemen like ourselves would be free of this riff-raff, or worse, Irish, biting at our well-earned ankles. I shall call in the guards to give him a jolly good thrashing around and send him on his way. Perhaps if another irishman comes along we can throw down some scraps and bet upon the first one to resort to biting. A capital idea I dear say.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 02:38:17 pm »

I hate beggars.
Mmynes, one would hope that such threads for the aristocratic gentlemen like ourselves would be free of this riff-raff, or worse, Irish, biting at our well-earned ankles. I shall call in the guards to give him a jolly good thrashing around and send him on his way. Perhaps if another irishman comes along we can throw down some scraps and bet upon the first one to resort to biting. A capital idea I dear say.
Upon rummaging through my grubby and generally empty pauper's pockets it becomes apparent that I have the story of a certain Agent of Puzzles that I may be able to trade for the tablescraps of one of your lordships. It isn't much, but I am willing to vouchsafe the humorous nature and worthiness of the game in question.

EDIT: This post is now moot.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:33:00 pm by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 02:40:41 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:51:48 pm by Stany »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 02:43:27 pm »

Technical hiccups aside this is a good idea, they just need to iron out the key generators and such.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 02:58:26 pm »

Geez, I go out for lunch and its 50 cents higher when I come back.  I wonder how high it'll go.   :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9