Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 73

Author Topic: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!  (Read 83673 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!
« Reply #840 on: August 11, 2012, 03:28:36 pm »

Yep, and I dodged the exploding autocar while inside of it.  :P

On that note: COME BACK RIFT WE LUUUUURVE YOU

yes -.- if you had not have dodged it i would have bloody won that mission instead of a total party kill >,< i swear you got a roll of 1 there :P,

also yeah i want more straight missions :(
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 11, 2012, 03:32:47 pm »

Those experimental dodge-boots, mate. I wasn't even conscious when I drew fire onto you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 11, 2012, 03:38:34 pm »

Those experimental dodge-boots, mate. I wasn't even conscious when I drew fire onto you.

i dont think you were conscious for most of that ending :P

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 11, 2012, 05:53:35 pm »

http://pastebin.com/Zu51y1hF

broken PDC lead to happy spleenstealers
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 11, 2012, 06:21:13 pm »

Yeah, the "sterile white laboratory" scene cracked me up while I was reading the logs. I think it fooled me too. I was with his logic as he walked in, then went "wait, white -- oh bleep!" just before he did.
If I recall the NPCs' reactions were pretty hilarious too.

<player>
"clerk/scientist/whatever (UV)"

<I enter the room>
"Eyes widen"
<hi! I was just wondering...>
"jaw drops"
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!!!???"
<what? oh, I was just leaving>
"pushes panic button"
<wait--GIBBEDBYLASERMINIGUNTURRETS> Except this was in the form of the GM explaining where each of the first volley hit (one turn's worth of fire pretty much resulted in chunky salsa, further turns couldn't make him much deader) Arm gone, leg gone, other arm gone, headshot!

Generally the setting encourages hanging back, passing the blame, playing dumb, etc. and generally being a very dysfunctional adventuring party. The idea is that most of the chalenge comes from your fellow PCs' actions, directly or indirectly; and that you never know who is really out to get you until it's too late.

Those dodge boots were hillarious too. If I remember right, they once dodged through/into a wall, killing their wearer. They were basicly untouchable, but would constently knock themselves senseless on random objects. I think there was a funny moment when they were unconsious (and restrained?) and kept dodging being executed by point-blank headshot or something like that.

Then again, I have seen someone spend perversity points (basicly GM favour for being funny) to "bribe" the universe to screw up their executioner's aim before. The reactions were pretty funny. Miss! Miss! Miss! Grazed arm! Miss! Headshot, head destroyed! "You are really a hopeless marksman, you know?"

Basically, Perversity Points (and the die-roll nature) make Paranoia sessions peppered with both displays of unnatural skill and luck, and periods of hopeless ineptitude. The GM won't tell you why your guy accidently ate his grenade instead of his fruit. Maybe somebody riffled through your backpack and switched them, and you rolled poorly for perception. Maybe someone used a mutant power to mentally distract and confuse you. Maybe somebody spent enough perversity points to make you critically fail at whatever you attempted next. Maybe you really are just that stupid.
You'll never know for sure, but if you are smart and lucky you might be able to blame someone.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 11, 2012, 06:26:32 pm »

So wait, you have to take care not to even walk into other colours?

What would happen if someone with the right clearance had a filter and a torch? Hilarity?

What if you were to trap someone with green clearance in a room filled with ripening pinot noir grapes?

Oh and it's 20:30, not 8:30 (it looks to have been edited) I could do it.

Everybody!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 11, 2012, 06:36:28 pm »

Let me rephrase that.

In the eyes of robots (usually HEAVILY armed, malfunctioning [ED-209 style] and with a bad attitude) and the law (backed up by omnipresent but rarely working survailence) you can't TOUCH wrong-clearance equipment or enter rooms/corridors painted that colour.

What your mission requires and what your teammates will let slide, however, is another matter.
Just be aware that they are probably videotaping you doing it so they can shift The Computer's wrath onto you during debriefing.

I haven't heard of the colour filter trick, but I have heard of a flamethrower being used to trick a turret into considering the now-black corridor IR clearance...

And what is a "peenot noor"? Sounds treasonous!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 11, 2012, 10:07:33 pm »

Did a bit of digging and found the transcripts for all of our sessions except the first one. Which is sort of a shame because we had two CMOAs; me managing to make pickup on everyone and grab one of our targets while under fire from InSec, and then Lectorag(?)'s absolutely brilliant one with the heat-seeking HMG and the chopper. And his legs.

But anyhow, here are the rest:

The fifth one has a long sequence of pregame talk, but it was preserved, so hey!

Anyhow, here is the dodgeboots sequence:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 11, 2012, 10:10:25 pm »

I remember that. That was hilarious.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 11, 2012, 10:11:42 pm »

Heh. You remember the bumblebee incident?

3. Run Resize Enable

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 11, 2012, 10:39:05 pm »

I impaled you with my 30 meter torso
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 11, 2012, 10:53:05 pm »

Lectorag(?)
Close. Slightly closer than Lectofrog.
me managing to make pickup on everyone and grab one of our targets while under fire from InSec
We ran over the other target, didn't we? Or am I thinking of another session?

So wait, you have to take care not to even walk into other colours?

What would happen if someone with the right clearance had a filter and a torch? Hilarity?

What if you were to trap someone with green clearance in a room filled with ripening pinot noir grapes?
If a room is a particular color, it's for a particular clearance. Usually they have doors of the same color. Touching/using higher-clearance things is the main trouble. If you're in a room full of purple grapes, if you're cleared to enter the room it's fine as long as you don't touch the grapes. Casting light of a color is more likely to cause trouble for the caster than any lit, but planting higher-color items on someone with automated security nearby is virtually insta-death (as Mart demonstrated today).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 12, 2012, 02:52:44 am »

Yeah, if I'm remembering correctly, DWA managed to hack it (because my hacking abilities were absolute rubbish) but then got shot, so I pulled him and one of the prisoners/hostages into the car and then drove around picking everyone up while we were all being shot at, before I intentionally ran over the other guy we were after on the way out so that he couldn't reveal that we'd all planted evidence get away with his damned commie treason.

3. Run Resize Enable

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 12, 2012, 03:07:24 am »

I'm thinking of horribly colour deaths here.

Like what if you were on a mission and really really needed to take a slash?

Does the law cover bodily fluids?

And if I were faced with some foes with low enough clearance, would me going all kung fu with a tin of white paint cause the robots to murderkill them?
Everybody!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 12, 2012, 07:55:34 am »

i will be starting a straight ( with a hint of classic ( rift style )) campaign soon, finally got my head around the dice rolls :P and have the time now i have finished college

give me till next saturday/friday, what ever day/time is best for people maximum players of 6 for now, this is my first time GMing a game, it will be canon paranoia, this means players with higher rank can and will rape lower coloured players.

will be a extended campaign with carry on characters as well as side missions and stuff like that, things will start of more simple until i get the hang of GMing   

also in my game please fully use your SS!

the higher your number the better rank, use your imagination !

EDIT:

also dice do you remember on that mission inside the warehouse when all those robots went insane and blew up or started killing people.... ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:37:40 am by ScriptWolf »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 73