Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 73

Author Topic: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!  (Read 83423 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia RPG + other Pen & Papers
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 02:46:48 pm »

Heh, computer i'm on is too crapshoot to run steam. :( I will see what I can do though.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 03:11:11 pm »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 03:54:17 pm »

Paranoia sounds interesting. Trying to get into the Star Wars: Saga Edition D20 game right now. Only other PnP I've ever done was Fiasco!, which was rules-light and very fun.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 05:08:23 pm »

Speaking about other Pen & Paper RPGs, I was once running a Star Wars Roleplaying game (West End Games version, not the Star Wars is DnD In Space version that Wizards released).

Late into the final session of the multi-part campaign, the team needed to roll a certain number with their missile launcher in order to complete the mission.  They rolled once, twice, three times, no luck.  Their missile launcher only had one shot left.

They roll, and the total is just short.

I casually walk over to the player who rolled the dice and changed one of the dice from a low number to a high number.  We all celebrated the victory over the Imperials, and ended the campaign.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 07:17:17 pm »

Well that session was interesting, I get to be the team medic with a Medical skill of one.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 07:21:40 pm »

and I maintain my 1/1 Mission/death ratio
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 07:25:13 pm »

Speaking about other Pen & Paper RPGs, I was once running a Star Wars Roleplaying game (West End Games version, not the Star Wars is DnD In Space version that Wizards released).

Late into the final session of the multi-part campaign, the team needed to roll a certain number with their missile launcher in order to complete the mission.  They rolled once, twice, three times, no luck.  Their missile launcher only had one shot left.

They roll, and the total is just short.

I casually walk over to the player who rolled the dice and changed one of the dice from a low number to a high number.  We all celebrated the victory over the Imperials, and ended the campaign.

Would you recommend the D6 system for people who have a shorter attention span?

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 07:32:45 pm »

yea i managed to survive again! alebit as a brain in a jar on a robot cyborg battlebot thing.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 07:47:11 pm »

Shame warhammer didnt survive. And the less said about Spectr the better.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »

Oooo, might have to see if I can hop on board the next game, is it alright if I don't read the manual at all?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 08:20:09 pm »

Oooo, might have to see if I can hop on board the next game, is it alright if I don't read the manual at all?
Totally, I didn't read the manual and it is pretty simple to play. Its possibly the most entertaining short pen and paper game i've played in awhile.
Welcome to Reality.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 08:21:48 pm »

Not having read the manual is probably an advantage. Your character can be executed if you display any knowledge whatsoever of the rules outside character creation.
... and then it explodes!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 08:31:30 pm »

Good thing I read this thread to learn about color clearances before hand, because inside my medkit there were three different colors of pills. I went "Hah, nice try GM!" and picked the Red one. Of course it gave the guy we needed to capture a surge of energy and he tried to escape, but everything ended up fine.
Welcome to Reality.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 09:57:19 pm »

If by fine you mean we lost the jaw of one team member[and then had his face smashed and cut up.. hes not going to be a looker], and the other team member was blown up and then split in half.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 73