Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 73

Author Topic: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!  (Read 83670 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!
« Reply #855 on: August 12, 2012, 12:05:29 pm »

Does the law cover bodily fluids?

And if I were faced with some foes with low enough clearance, would me going all kung fu with a tin of white paint cause the robots to murderkill them?
Bodily fluids don't count. Depending on the GM, they might, but that's a bit extreme.
A tin of (higher-clearance) paint with automated security nearby will result in many deaths. If they see you with paint higher than your clearance, though, it is you who will be dead.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 12, 2012, 12:30:03 pm »

Death might be an extreme punishment depending on the degree of transgression and style of play. Getting caught with an otherwise legal orange crowbar as a red would probably just get you leveled with a heavy fine (and a great deal of the Computer's suspicion) in anything that's not Zap.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 12, 2012, 12:33:15 pm »

I thought automated security usually shoots at instances of treason, such as individuals breaking their clearance level. Is that only in extreme circumstances?

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 12, 2012, 01:16:46 pm »

In most circumstances, you wont get brutally shot down unless you skip several clearances, or plant a higher clearance with the intention of getting someone killed, such as my duct tape shenanigans. I know I've been caught with several high level clearance items, but have gotten away with it due to, well, shenanigans. I've also bought cans of red spray-paint and repainted items to match my clearance. that same idea works with most anything. I remember someone splattering an orange car with blood just so some red clearances could get in. it worked.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 12, 2012, 01:23:47 pm »

Yeah, legaly colour infractions could be quite minor, but anything automated might treat all crimes as lethal. I think the security of the area affects how harsh the defences are. Public area = note taken and forwarded to Friend Computer when somebody breaks laws, fire on those shooting at higher clearance citizens. Vital component of Alpha Complex = "shoot on any evidence of treason".

The level of freak-out might also depend on the number of levels up the infraction is. Orange crowbar on red citizen probably leads to fines and confiscation, but the red troubleshooter walking into a white room with no reason to be there is an awful LOT of violation.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 12, 2012, 01:38:43 pm »

Yeah, legaly colour infractions could be quite minor, but anything automated might treat all crimes as lethal. I think the security of the area affects how harsh the defences are. Public area = note taken and forwarded to Friend Computer when somebody breaks laws, fire on those shooting at higher clearance citizens. Vital component of Alpha Complex = "shoot on any evidence of treason".

The level of freak-out might also depend on the number of levels up the infraction is. Orange crowbar on red citizen probably leads to fines and confiscation, but the red troubleshooter walking into a white room with no reason to be there is an awful LOT of violation.

Usually the "rewarded with high-velocity lead and lasbeams" sort of violation, even in Straight games. It'd be like a random person walking into the Oval Office carrying an assault rifle during a national address for a red to walk into a UV area.

i will be starting a straight ( with a hint of classic ( rift style )) campaign soon, finally got my head around the dice rolls :P and have the time now i have finished college

give me till next saturday/friday, what ever day/time is best for people maximum players of 6 for now, this is my first time GMing a game, it will be canon paranoia, this means players with higher rank can and will rape lower coloured players.

will be a extended campaign with carry on characters as well as side missions and stuff like that, things will start of more simple until i get the hang of GMing   

also in my game please fully use your SS!

the higher your number the better rank, use your imagination !

EDIT:

also dice do you remember on that mission inside the warehouse when all those robots went insane and blew up or started killing people.... ;)
I'm interested; I'll roll up a charsheet and pm it to you. And are you talking about the one where you hacked the cargobot and used it to kill Boris (and damn near cripple the rest of us), or the basement full of autocars that Mart freaked out with his mutant powers right before I blew them all up?

But yes, throwing or planting something high clearance at/on another TSer or a NPC will get you punished if you're caught. Also, beware of crawlers with homicidal tendencies. And never get into a helicopter if you think another Troubleshooter with hacking skills is trying to kill you.

Heh, who remembers that Mexican Standoff we got into with that NPC TSer team because half of us thought that they were disguised traitors? The one where we gunned them down in cold blood, found out that they were real TSers, and then tried to cover it up by feigning ignorance and destroying their IDs?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 12, 2012, 02:55:44 pm »

Heh, who remembers that Mexican Standoff we got into with that NPC TSer team because half of us thought that they were disguised traitors? The one where we gunned them down in cold blood, found out that they were real TSers, and then tried to cover it up by feigning ignorance and destroying their IDs?  :P

This is a game designed by Black Mage from 8-bit Theatre clearly.

Anyway I'm too late for today, mostly because paintball and No sleep over the past few days makes me slow.

Everybody!

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 12, 2012, 06:11:12 pm »

http://pastebin.com/qqpbsqVG

Hilarity, I was going to let them sneak around and then mart mart'd.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 12, 2012, 06:14:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 12, 2012, 09:06:33 pm »

I just saw the chatlog. I  think i'll enjoy this intensely, if you don't murder a newcomer for being an obvious spy.
Everybody!

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 12, 2012, 10:55:02 pm »

We only murder you if you are a panda or endangered.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 13, 2012, 10:21:17 am »

Guys I will be starting my straight campaign this Friday/saturday

Please PM me your character sheets through the forums if you are interested, looking for about 4-8 people I'm trying to make this as fun as possible.

Just some outlines of my campaign:

Straight style with a dash of classic ( you may have either classic or straight mutant powers )

There is a out liying story!

Promotion and advancements !

Long living characters and development !

side missions !

Own stuff like cars and implants which carry on after death !

In depth inner workings to my alpha complex with stuff effected by the out come of your missions ( this will come into effect when I feel more confident in my GMing )

Not much interference from me, I prefer to let you get on and kill your selfs

If your interested please PM me a character sheet the first game will be this Friday/Saturday 9/10 pm ( please also PM prefered time and date
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 13, 2012, 11:13:37 am »

Hm. Saturday. I'll either be in-transit or using shoddy hotel wifi, but I should be able to make it. What time zone are you in?

In terms of scheduling, my only real open slots are [all day] Saturday and Sunday, as well as around 5:30PM EST 'til around midnight M/W/F and around 3:45PM EST - 7:00PM EST T/Th.

I'll go ahead and toss a sheet your way.

3. Run Resize Enable

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 13, 2012, 11:16:16 am »

Alright so Saturday it is ! And I'm in GMT (uk) so saturday 9PM
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 13, 2012, 11:21:24 am »

So then 4PM EST on Saturdays. Works for me. Hurrah for a straight campaign and another excellent character to play!

Funnily enough... 9PM GMT, and my character's name is Nine. Now all I need to do is get my cyborg on so I can add 'Seven of'. :P

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 73