Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73

Author Topic: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!  (Read 83408 times)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!
« Reply #1065 on: December 28, 2012, 02:56:04 pm »

"You need more overlords!"
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 28, 2012, 04:16:29 pm »

I would love to get involved, but am sadly located in completely the wrong timezone. It seems all the paranoia players here are in EST, while I'm stuck over in GMT. I don't suppose there are any GMs near here? I would love to try it or learn it, but have a feeling I'd be terrible.  ;D
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 28, 2012, 08:40:24 pm »

I would love to get involved, but am sadly located in completely the wrong timezone. It seems all the paranoia players here are in EST, while I'm stuck over in GMT. I don't suppose there are any GMs near here? I would love to try it or learn it, but have a feeling I'd be terrible.  ;D
I don't even understand how roleplay games work at all; to be honest I'm not entirely sure why I ever posted in this thread.
So you can feel good about that I guess, not being the most clueless on Bay12.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 28, 2012, 10:33:36 pm »

There seems to be a little activity recently on paranoia-live.net, there's a fair chance to get in a game there (look/post in MISSION ALERT!!! MISSION ALERT!!!).  If you're uncertain 'cause you're inexperienced give it a shot anyway, at worst you are horribly embarrassed for a couple hours to a few people over a chat connection who have NO idea who you are.  At best it's a blast and you'll be scheming, conniving and backstabbing er, I mean "working diligently and loyally for Friend Computer".

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 06, 2013, 02:38:30 pm »

I will be hosting a game in the Steam Paranoia Group's chat today at 4:30 EST. Please gives your character sheets to me ahead of tme so I can plan out secret missions and such.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 06, 2013, 04:43:22 pm »

Won't be able to take part in the game due to timezones, but I was wondering if anyone had any links that might help with hosting, and the learning how to? I was thinking of attempting one game to help with the lack of games going on. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Had a quick look around, nothing there. In that case, can anyone just give tips. For example, is having a paper copy neccessary?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:51:33 pm by Spaghetti7 »

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 06, 2013, 05:41:43 pm »

Paranoia Live has a few:
Introduction for newbie GMs http://www.paranoia-live.net/content.php?article.56
Absolute Beginners Guide to Playing Online PARANOIA http://www.paranoia-live.net/content.php?article.48
look under "articles" for a couple more not-quite-as-pertinent

And they have the jparanoia forum, pretty helpful if that's what you're gonna use...

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 06, 2013, 05:46:55 pm »

Paranoia Live has a few:
Introduction for newbie GMs http://www.paranoia-live.net/content.php?article.56
Absolute Beginners Guide to Playing Online PARANOIA http://www.paranoia-live.net/content.php?article.48
look under "articles" for a couple more not-quite-as-pertinent

And they have the jparanoia forum, pretty helpful if that's what you're gonna use...
Oh, thanks a lot, didn't see that one. :)

Marrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 06, 2013, 11:01:22 am »

i love this forum :D

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 08, 2013, 02:20:27 pm »

Ahem. First, let me begin apologizing. I apologize for posting in a thread in which the last post was about 36 days ago, and I apologize if that is actually acceptable to do. Now on to the reason I posted: Does anyone GM Paranoia anymore? Paranoialive is extremely old, and the group is inactive. Where would I go to play Paranoia online?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 08, 2013, 03:00:21 pm »

GMT here, I'm up for any games just post in here or send me a PM. Just gotta make a few char sheets.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 08, 2013, 05:32:07 pm »

I would host a couple more paranoia games but caught up in AdEva preparations, no the game doesnt have anymore slots left sorry.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 09, 2013, 12:33:32 pm »

Ahem. First, let me begin apologizing. I apologize for posting in a thread in which the last post was about 36 days ago, and I apologize if that is actually acceptable to do. Now on to the reason I posted: Does anyone GM Paranoia anymore? Paranoialive is extremely old, and the group is inactive. Where would I go to play Paranoia online?

For this thread that's about the norm as far as interest waxing and waning. I'm not really up for a campaign, as I've got a lot of other things going on and am going to be without internet the week after next.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 12, 2013, 08:10:36 pm »

If any of you Bay12 forumites still have interest thanks to the efforts of a certain german and penguin I'm going to be hosting Paranoia again! PM for details.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 14, 2013, 07:36:31 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73