Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Shortest Game You've Ever Had  (Read 3943 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
The Shortest Game You've Ever Had
« on: October 24, 2011, 01:10:53 pm »

Soooo after losing my last game in less than 5 minutes i have decided to dedicated a threat to telling stories of losing in record time.  Here's mine:

I decided to embark in a moderatly dangerous area with a river and a lake in it.  Guess where the cart starts out?  Yep, at the bottom of the lake.  I unpause it, and 5 minutes late all my dorfs are drowned.  Thanks Urist.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Shortest Game You've Ever Had
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 01:12:01 pm »

In a minute, I embarked where a roc nest was. Everyone, dead.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 01:12:44 pm »

About a minute, badgers ended me with extreme vengeance.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 01:14:25 pm »

Strike the earth!
A section of the cavern has collapsed!
Your fortress has crumbled to its end.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 01:15:46 pm »

Strike the earth!
A section of the cavern has collapsed!
Your fortress has crumbled to its end.
I smell a pun.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 01:20:27 pm »

Well, I probably quit about 80% of all games that I start almost immediately because I don't like the look of the embark site. So... a few seconds.

Aside from that, Skeleton Carp and Zombie Elephant fury have been known to end fortresses rather quickly.

Threads like this are usually looking for a good story, but it's hard to have one good story about something that happens so often.

jcnorris00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 01:25:35 pm »

Back in 40d, on my first embark into an evil biome, my fort was quickly buried under a wave of zombie carp, led by their zombie sturgeon master.  I've done a few evil embarks since then, but never one with a river.
My contribution to dwarven science: the dwarven kiddie pool

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 01:31:47 pm »

Probably around two years. I embarked on an area where the entire third layer was an aquifer. I tried making it work, but I couldn't stand the fact that I was only leading more and more dwarves to their demise. 'Twas the only time I've ever abandoned a fortress.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 01:39:28 pm »

I used Embark Anywhere to embark in the ocean once three times.  Though games I actually played expecting to survive?  Giant Badgers immediately bum-rush my little beardies, killing them viciously within minutes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 01:50:22 pm »

The shortest?
Well, none of my games have been short. Embarked in a cave, swarmed by crundles, no survivors.
Reclaim, hundreds of bunny meat shields, and DIG DOWN FAST LIKE A TREE.
Flood fortress, reclaim, turn fortress into resevoir.

ALWAYS ADAPT! IT IS THE DORFY WAY!

Come to think of it, most of my fortress's come to an end with something related to things underground. Might explain my paranoia about it and my obsession to start in comepletely flat lands above ground.
My most hopeless fortress would definitely be the antman apocalypse.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 02:02:06 pm »

a month or so. careless designation caused my agricultural canal to merge with the entrance tunnel, right after I ordered everything moved indoors fun fact: dwarves don't care about flooding until the passageway gets more than half full.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:04:03 pm by drilltooth »
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

melphel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 02:17:20 pm »

One time when I embarked on a glacial volcano, the wagon ended up hanging off of the lip of the volcano.  Also, something wrong must have happened when the area was created since the volcano wall was made of ice near the surface instead of obsidian.  This caused  the nearby ground to melt and collapse simultaneously.  5 of the dwarves were killed by cave in, falling into the volcano, or being encased in ice.  The other two were left with no food or tools, and being a glacier, there was nothing to gather or eat.  The ice wolves got to them before hunger and insanity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 02:30:59 pm »

One time when I embarked on a glacial volcano, the wagon ended up hanging off of the lip of the volcano.  Also, something wrong must have happened when the area was created since the volcano wall was made of ice near the surface instead of obsidian.  This caused  the nearby ground to melt and collapse simultaneously.  5 of the dwarves were killed by cave in, falling into the volcano, or being encased in ice.  The other two were left with no food or tools, and being a glacier, there was nothing to gather or eat.  The ice wolves got to them before hunger and insanity.

Damn, I've heard this happen before.

You shoulda made those last dwarves into wildwarves xD
All hunters... Roaming with the wolves..... Omn omno monomon ommagamaaonmonmagmanom

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 02:41:11 pm »

Damn, I've heard this happen before.

You shoulda made those last dwarves into wildwarves xD
All hunters... Roaming with the wolves..... Omn omno monomon ommagamaaonmonmagmanom

Omn omno monomon ommagamaaonmonmagmanom

ommagamaaonmonmagmanom

ommagamaaonmonmagmanom

magma
MAGMAAAAAA

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 02:57:24 pm »

Your observation skills are grand master.
Pages: [1] 2 3