Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.  (Read 12133 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2011, 03:54:41 pm »

Same thing in the United States, except for the fact that we have to ask 2 or 3 people to write us letters of recommendation.

If you've done nothing commendable, you aren't going to get those letters.

We dont get recommendations, we do an exam.
LMAO
*facepalm*
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2011, 04:18:33 pm »

... I am deeply confused by the hilarity?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2011, 04:26:13 pm »

As am I...
This is a blank sig.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2011, 04:28:38 pm »

As am I. As far as I know, unless you're trying to get into Oxbridge, there's little use for letters of recommendation in Europe. If you're trying to get into a curriculum that admits only a limited number of students, pretty much all universities base themselves on your marks (or extracurricular activities, such as some of the Grandes Ecoles in France) and, if necessary, use a lot system. It's also rather unlikely that anyone is going to ask for recommendations by teachers when applying for a job, if you need that kind of recommendations, you should get them from college or university teachers.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2011, 04:38:11 pm »

What about Members of Parliament?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2011, 04:44:39 pm »

If one of your teachers was a member of the parliament, then I guess you could try soliciting a letter of recommendation when looking for a job. It could help, but then again, keeping everyone you know as a friend on the off-chance they may become members of the parliament?
If you're instead asking if members of the parliament need recommendation letters, no they don't, at least not in most countries as far as I know. A recommendation letter may increase your chances to get a good position within a political party, but it's far from necessary or even guaranteeing anything, as your position depends far more on your political skill and subject knowledge.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2011, 06:52:56 pm »

I came here expecting a list of ways to piss people off in school. So far no one's given any good class trolling techniques and you're all giving DarkWolfXV grammer nazi grief because he's a 13 year old Polish kid who learned to speak English 2 years ago. Now, if I recall, English is a pretty tough language, especially for non English speaking children..
 ;D
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2011, 07:00:47 pm »

Nah, we just don't like encouraging asshattery.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2011, 07:12:31 pm »

Focus on school now, you can be a dick/asshat when your rich.
Thats my goal in life anyway.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2011, 07:27:01 pm »

To be fair, in Poland you can very well be a piss annoying arsehat for the duration of your pre-university education, and nobody will care. The only thing taken into account when applying for higher education is your standarised final exam results("matura", roughly equal to UK A-levels).

Still, the choice to be or not to be a douchebag is one that has to made early, as it'll likely stay with you for the remainder of your life.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2011, 08:24:51 pm »

...Why would that be relevant in any way?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2011, 10:42:41 pm »

If one of your teachers was a member of the parliament, then I guess you could try soliciting a letter of recommendation when looking for a job.

Well, coach.

I came here expecting a list of ways to piss people off in school. So far no one's given any good class trolling techniques and you're all giving DarkWolfXV grammer nazi grief because he's a 13 year old Polish kid who learned to speak English 2 years ago. Now, if I recall, English is a pretty tough language, especially for non English speaking children..
 ;D

I tried, but I'm too classy to troll. It's so mainstream.

...Why would that be relevant in any way?

'Cause letter of reccomendation?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2011, 01:41:05 am »

I came here expecting a list of ways to piss people off in school.
So far no one's given any good class trolling techniques

If you're looking for pranks, I can think of several, but the OP generally gave an impression of looking for something on roughly the level of fart jokes. If you want something a little classier, just off the top of my head:

Standard senior class pranks:
 * Used auto tires cost money to be disposed of. If you go to a mechanic that installs tires, very often they're very happy to give the used ones to you. Get a truckload of them and loop them onto the school flagpole. All the way to the top.
 * Or, much easier, far more likely to generate a reaction, and more difficult for the janitor to remove: get a nazi flag and duct tape it to the top of the pole.
 * On the day of finals, or national testing, bring a blowtorch and weld the doors shut with everyone inside.
 * Most school lockers have slots in the doors wide enough to slide paper into. Print out political propaganda, photoshopped pictures of the principal's head on somebody's naked body, etc. and put them in everyone's locker.

Pranks that can be done solo:
 * Get a laser pointer. Hide it in your hand, and draw smiley faces on the walls while the teacher is at the chalkboard. Everyone will laugh. When the teacher turns around to see why, turn it off. Repeat. Hold it in your holds in front of you close to the edge of your desk so you can push it into your lap and instantly show that your hands are empty.
 * Bang snaps. With practice you can flick them with a finger with enough force to detonate them on a wall.
 * Teachers often leave their classes unlocked during lunch. Get an alarm clock and plug it into the outlet underneath their teachers desk. Set it to go off during class. Bonus credit: get enough alarm clocks to put one under every teacher's desk in the building. Get friends to help. Synchronize your watches so you can set them all to go off at the same time.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2011, 03:39:05 am »

Don't be an arsehat. It will only make you seem moronic.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »

I never found it that funny to let all people who weren't white, straight, cisgendered, blond, blue-eyed, lutheran, capitalist, thin, able-bodied, able-minded men know that they were unwelcome in favor of a prank.  Especially not IN FUCKING POLAND.  Wow, that's a place that wants to be reminded of the Nazi regime REALLY soon.

Don't do anything disgusting.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:52:23 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8