Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.  (Read 12143 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2011, 09:26:15 pm »

Hey, guess what.  Being the smartest kid in your class doesn't mean shit if you goof off and don't get anything done.  You're thirteen, you're butting right up against the point in school where you can no longer afford to be a jackass.  Buckle down son, it only gets worse from here.

The internet is stuffed to the brim with smart kids who thought they were so smart they didn't have to do any work.  You can make Einstein look like Michelle Bachman but the people who pay you the money you need to live don't give a shit, and won't give you that money unless you do your fucking work. 

The good news is that, at least in America, Community College gives you a second chance.  It's cheaper, doesn't care if you fucked up in high school, and basically replaces your high school record when you transfer to a real college.  The bad news is that Community College is basically High School 2: Electric Boogaloo.  Get used to hearing "I'm gonna be a nurse" and "My probation officer signed me up for this class"
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2011, 10:29:12 pm »

Urist is 15, only 2 years more, yet u criticize only me. Whats so special about 13?
Urist takes time to make his posts without a lot of noticeable and easily fixable mistakes, and he doesn't ask for advice on how to be more of a douchecanoe to his classmates.

Hey, guess what.  Being the smartest kid in your class doesn't mean shit if you goof off and don't get anything done.  You're thirteen, you're butting right up against the point in school where you can no longer afford to be a jackass.  Buckle down son, it only gets worse from here.
This. If Poland is anything like America, you're about to hit the prepare-for-college-NOW stage, which means oodles of work. If you don't want to spend time learning, you're not going to remain ahead of the class.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2011, 12:55:20 am »

I can't wait to see this kid be a failure. Maybe you'll learn that being a jackass isn't worth it when everyone, not just the staff, hates you for being not only A.) Ignorant B.) Annoying C.) Childish but also somehow thinking you're justified in these actions. You're thirteen, but grow the hell up. You're a disgrace, kid.

Just try shutting up in class and saving the bullshit for afterwards with your buddies (or lackthereof, in your case).
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2011, 08:13:57 am »

The internet is stuffed to the brim with smart kids who thought they were so smart they didn't have to do any work.  You can make Einstein look like Michelle Bachman but the people who pay you the money you need to live don't give a shit, and won't give you that money unless you do your fucking work. 

The good news is that, at least in America, Community College gives you a second chance.  It's cheaper, doesn't care if you fucked up in high school, and basically replaces your high school record when you transfer to a real college.  The bad news is that Community College is basically High School 2: Electric Boogaloo.  Get used to hearing "I'm gonna be a nurse" and "My probation officer signed me up for this class"

In school i dont feel its rewarding to be intelligent(Only in school, outside of it it may be rewarding a lot, without those guys...), other than having full row of 6 and 5 in class record, it has even lots of minuses in most of Polish schools, lots of people dont like guys who get good grades, mostly of jealousy they beat others just becouse they have got 1 and you have got 6 from exam. And yes it gets worse, every next class bullies get stronger. So i like more being jackass on lesson and making jokes out of stuff that teacher says than being bullied.

I can't wait to see this kid be a failure. Maybe you'll learn that being a jackass isn't worth it when everyone, not just the staff, hates you for being not only A.) Ignorant B.) Annoying C.) Childish but also somehow thinking you're justified in these actions. You're thirteen, but grow the hell up. You're a disgrace, kid.

Just try shutting up in class and saving the bullshit for afterwards with your buddies (or lackthereof, in your case).

I think i have a bit of friends, and even if im jackass in class it seems most of class likes it, they dont care about school anyway and mostly would like to run away and never return.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2011, 10:27:01 am »

Maybe you could go back and actually read what I posted.
Shoes...

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2011, 11:09:33 am »

Might also be worth realising that what you do now sticks with you. Who do you think Colleges/Universities will speak to when you apply to them? Oh, yes, thats right, the teachers who are currently forming a negative opinion of you. Doesnt matter how smart you think you are - when an admissions tutor asks about you, do you think that they will make you an offer when they find out you have been an ass during your school time?
This is a blank sig.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2011, 11:29:36 am »

. Who do you think Colleges/Universities will speak to when you apply to them? Oh, yes, thats right, the teachers who are currently forming a negative opinion of you

This is actually pretty doubtful. But yeah, being a moron doesn't pay. There is such a thing as a moral character. Even if they don't ask your teachers about you (I doubt they would.) and you manage not to get screwed in the way by the teachers who hate you, it sets a character and a way of being.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2011, 11:36:12 am »

Fact: When applying to UCAS (UK Uni application board), a reference is given by staff who know you from school, college or pervious academic institution. This appears in the information package availiable to universities, along with your own personal statement, personal details and academic results. You never get to see this reference. I have written and read more than one. So, yea, at least in the UK, 100% probable.
This is a blank sig.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 12:46:29 pm »

Same thing in the United States, except for the fact that we have to ask 2 or 3 people to write us letters of recommendation.

If you've done nothing commendable, you aren't going to get those letters.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2011, 12:52:25 pm »

*shrug* I got into a good university without any recommendation letters. Most people here get into university without any recommendation letters, for that matter. You just do the selectivity exam (kind of like SAT), and, when applicable, whatever test the university deems necessary, and off you go.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2011, 01:35:19 pm »

Fact: When applying to UCAS (UK Uni application board), a reference is given by staff who know you from school, college or pervious academic institution.
Although you don't receive references from those in your secondary school, to be fair.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2011, 01:48:40 pm »

Unless you do your A-Levels at the same institution (6th form as opposed to tertiary college).
This is a blank sig.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2011, 02:19:51 pm »

Hmm, 13?

About the age to start seriously studying if you want to become a great mathematician!  Get a pure math textbook from the local university and start cracking.

Or engineering, which is both interesting and pays well! /actually being helpful
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2011, 03:41:20 pm »

. Who do you think Colleges/Universities will speak to when you apply to them? Oh, yes, thats right, the teachers who are currently forming a negative opinion of you

This is actually pretty doubtful. But yeah, being a moron doesn't pay. There is such a thing as a moral character. Even if they don't ask your teachers about you (I doubt they would.) and you manage not to get screwed in the way by the teachers who hate you, it sets a character and a way of being.

True.
Same thing in the United States, except for the fact that we have to ask 2 or 3 people to write us letters of recommendation.

We dont get recommendations, we do an exam.

Hmm, 13?

About the age to start seriously studying if you want to become a great mathematician!  Get a pure math textbook from the local university and start cracking.

Or engineering, which is both interesting and pays well! /actually being helpful
Yea this is interesting.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2011, 03:53:18 pm »

We dont get recommendations, we do an exam.
LMAO
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8