Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.  (Read 12155 times)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2011, 03:35:01 pm »

Yeah I used to think I was pretty damn smart too, I was at or around the top in most of my classes (in a grammar school, which is the top 10% anyway)...

Then I dropped about 8 grades down from what I was expecting when I finished sixth-form, and ended up going to a crappy uni when I could've gone to Cambridge or Imperial if I'd put all the work I should've in.

Take from that what you will...

Also, depressed now.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2011, 04:16:35 pm »

Wow! You read wikipedia? You must be the smartest person in the world!
Of course I am! And you, lowly being that doesn't read Wikipedia, shall be crushed by my brainpower!
I can't tell which one of you is being more sarcastic. Bdthemag is definitely being sarcastic, but I can only hope DarkWolfXV is.

Reading Wikipedia is an interesting diversion, but try reading more about a particular subject. Here's my first challenge to you: make sure you know everything your teachers are teaching you, not just the minimum to pass. If you think you know everything about a subject, find a book on the topic and read it cover to cover.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 04:29:25 pm »

Wow! You read wikipedia? You must be the smartest person in the world!
Of course I am! And you, lowly being that doesn't read Wikipedia, shall be crushed by my brainpower!
I can't tell which one of you is being more sarcastic. Bdthemag is definitely being sarcastic, but I can only hope DarkWolfXV is.

Reading Wikipedia is an interesting diversion, but try reading more about a particular subject. Here's my first challenge to you: make sure you know everything your teachers are teaching you, not just the minimum to pass. If you think you know everything about a subject, find a book on the topic and read it cover to cover.

Yes I was sarcastic. Im reading mostly about guitar now (and associated stuff), I wasn't writing properly becouse I didn't feel it was neccessary.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 04:40:31 pm »

It's always necessary to be polite.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 04:44:36 pm »

It's always necessary to be polite.
Would you be polite to people that are impolite? Of course if everyone followed this rule, world would be better but more boring place.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2011, 05:11:54 pm »

Well, any ideas? School is a very boring place, but not because I'm total dumbass; just because I'm the best in the class on some subjects. I know English pretty well, so the English subject is very boring (I'm Polish and I learned English when I was 11).

-I'm already making fun of every thing I can, like turning stuff that the teacher says into something funny (50% of time, the teacher gets angry).
-Playing drums with two pens and a desk (or a pencilcase)
-Farting out loud (they won't let me bring matches to school, so I can't burn them - I mean, burn my farts (yes, this is possible according to my chemistry teacher; farts have lots of methane in it, so if methane is flammable, farts are too. But off the fart topic...).

Let me see your ideas!

Looking at your original post, perhaps your efforts would be better spent improving upon your skills instead of wasting everyone's time and losing the precious advantage you already have. I know how this sounds (and I hate to be That Guy), but this sounds like you're exactly the type of student that, given time, will not be among the top scorers. If you want to keep your position, and not look like an idiot when you come out of school, I suggest you get your ass into gear.

There are many ways to have fun without bothering your classmates. You're impacting their learning negatively when you do so, and you yourself will not learn during the lessons.

I get bored too during class, but that doesn't mean I jump about on the tables and take a dump on the teacher's desk because of it (or try to prevent everyone else from learning by doing something similarly asinine). I ask questions about things I'm curious about and get good answers, and try to explore the subjects on a deeper level. I occasionally take classes from the years above me, and in doing this, I can both keep myself entertained and stay on the teacher's (and everyone's) good side.

DarkWolf, how about you stop farting and being a general nuisance to your teacher and learn something? You don't have to annoy the other students and disrupt their learning just because you don't like school yourself.

I agree completely.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I'm reading mostly about guitar now (and associated stuff), and I wasn't writing properly because I didn't feel it was necessary.

Ahem.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2011, 09:27:33 pm »

Ultimatedly there always comes a point where faking it is not good enough, and the ammount of stuff you have to study is too large to be done by just going to class, or studying a bit the night before the exam. You'd do well by trying to set up work habits while you're still in school...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 09:40:36 pm »

Ultimatedly there always comes a point where faking it is not good enough, and the ammount of stuff you have to study is too large to be done by just going to class, or studying a bit the night before the exam. You'd do well by trying to set up work habits while you're still in school...

Or do what I did and have the failures of highschool scar you to the extent that you almost become completely disfunctional in university and life in general!

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 09:59:54 pm »

How old are you? I mean really, I'm fifteen and in all my years I have never thought it was funny to rip one in a class. And as for annoying people for your own entertainment, that's just obnoxious, it doesn't show that you're smarter than anyone else it just makes people hate you.

As for fun in class, I can suggest a few things.
  Talk to people (Do it sneakily as to not get in trouble), and don't pretend that you're better than others, it will only make them dislike you more.
  Do exactly what the teacher says, but do it satirically (Sort of like what Bauglir said). For instance in English, I write what my teacher wants, I write it well, but I do it WAY over the top. When we wrote about an older sibling, I made up a story about a brother who saved me from a burning building, died protecting a village while in the peace corp, and said such overly dramatic quotes they changed my life (And caused me to get my mom to adopt a poor homeless boy). I only recently turned it in and am hoping my teacher believes it.
  Space out, draw, write, or learn. Trust me time will pass and the class will eventually end.
  Subtly troll your teachers. Example: When my teacher asked me what I thought the moral of the story was I said, "By giving into peer pressure the main character became a stronger person". Because that was not the moral, but totally happened in the story (Involved diving into the ocean, and swimming under a rock because the big kids did it).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:10:18 pm by Urist Mcinternetuser »

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2011, 04:55:28 am »

How old are you? I mean really, I'm fifteen and in all my years I have never thought it was funny to rip one in a class. And as for annoying people for your own entertainment, that's just obnoxious, it doesn't show that you're smarter than anyone else it just makes people hate you.

As for fun in class, I can suggest a few things.
  Talk to people (Do it sneakily as to not get in trouble), and don't pretend that you're better than others, it will only make them dislike you more.
  Do exactly what the teacher says, but do it satirically (Sort of like what Bauglir said). For instance in English, I write what my teacher wants, I write it well, but I do it WAY over the top. When we wrote about an older sibling, I made up a story about a brother who saved me from a burning building, died protecting a village while in the peace corp, and said such overly dramatic quotes they changed my life (And caused me to get my mom to adopt a poor homeless boy). I only recently turned it in and am hoping my teacher believes it.
  Space out, draw, write, or learn. Trust me time will pass and the class will eventually end.
  Subtly troll your teachers. Example: When my teacher asked me what I thought the moral of the story was I said, "By giving into peer pressure the main character became a stronger person". Because that was not the moral, but totally happened in the story (Involved diving into the ocean, and swimming under a rock because the big kids did it).

Im 13, well mostly im annoying teachers becouse sometimes I tell a good joke and class is laughing for few minutes and we lose few minutes of lesson.
Yeah im thinking about doing what Bauglir said, though im not going to school till monday.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2011, 05:04:44 am »

13.... Geez, you have a LOT to learn about more than you can imagine. Good luck with that.
This is a blank sig.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2011, 04:52:26 pm »

How old are you? I mean really, I'm fifteen and in all my years I have never thought it was funny to rip one in a class.

13.... Geez, you have a LOT to learn about more than you can imagine. Good luck with that.
Urist is 15, only 2 years more, yet u criticize only me. Whats so special about 13?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2011, 04:58:31 pm »

We aren't criticizing you for being thirteen, we're criticizing you because your an immature person who thinks he knows everything. Here at Bay12, we don't care about your age as long as your mature.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 08:50:32 pm »

Hmm, 13?

About the age to start seriously studying if you want to become a great mathematician!  Get a pure math textbook from the local university and start cracking.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2011, 09:22:46 pm »

We aren't criticizing you for being thirteen, we're criticizing you because your an immature person who thinks he knows everything.
Yeah, we actually have people here who know everything, *glances at vector* so we can tell the difference!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8