Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Things you wish were still in the Game  (Read 4337 times)

mikelon

Things you wish were still in the Game
« on: October 24, 2011, 02:07:25 am »

I miss the economy as broken as it was
I miss the Hammerer meating out justice
I miss when elephants were gods
Finally i miss river floods that kill everything above ground

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things you wish were still in the Game
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 03:08:52 am »

I miss underground features like underground rivers, chasms etc. and how my dwarven warriors used to be like demigods

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 07:45:58 am »

I miss the time when people understood the game is in development and everything will come back better occasionally.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 07:48:48 am »

I actually miss when hammerlords would hit an opponent and send them flying several tiles through the air, until they hit a wall and exploded. That is the one thing I miss.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:52:10 am »

The mining system from 2D times. Rock took longer to mine through than mineral, even with a legendary miner and even then they didn't always leave a boulder behind. Mineral mining always left you with boulders though.

Chasms too, I miss those. Would be nice if we had some as well as the new 'bottomless' pits that sometimes are around in caverns. Extra nice points if they return and could open the caverns all the way up to the surface. Maybe with a bit of a shape change though. That scar-looking chasm was pretty okay but it could be updated a bit.

Underground rivers. The lakes are nice, but it'd be nice too to find an actual river in a cavern.

Can't really remember anything else. The rest of the stuff like 'NO ONE PUTS ON NEW CLOTHES' is just a result of a bug or whatever so they're excluded.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 08:46:31 am »

The economy, super hammermen, cities for each race, underground rivers, chasms and underground tunnels.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:54:48 am »

1. Bottomless pits and chasms.
2. The Dungeon Master actually showing up and working.
3. Civilization figures and siege leaders not vanishing when they left the map.
4. Goblin towers, dwarven mountainhomes, and proper human cities with temples and other large buildings.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 09:24:35 am »

!!CARPS!!!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:30:37 am »

The mining system from 2D times. Rock took longer to mine through than mineral, even with a legendary miner and even then they didn't always leave a boulder behind. Mineral mining always left you with boulders though.

Yeah, I think it's weird that legendary miners produce SO MUCH rock... as if that's what anybody wanted.  In lieu of more realistic mining practices, I'd prefer if we had two mining designations, one to try to produce as much rock as possible and one to try to make as little as possible (with a popup notice if you try to apply it to mineral veins.)  A novice would always make about 50% of the squares into boulders, trending towards either end of the spectrum (depending on the designation) as their skill increases
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 11:37:46 am »

I approve above suggestion
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 12:36:40 pm »

I heartily disapprove.
Each mining should produce exactly the same amount of rock, but the more skilled miners should produce more useful pieces (larger blocks).
Pulverizing rock is cheating!
<3

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 01:32:10 pm »

I miss the time when people understood the game is in development and everything will come back better occasionally.

We know.  We're just commenting on what we miss.  People like you are the worst thing about these forums, and you need to calm down.

Mostly I miss magma that burns stuff instead of drowning or boiling it.  Next to that, I miss the old underground features.  Finally, I miss having a military that noticeably increases in skill with training, and archers that do their jobs.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 01:36:51 pm »

We know.  We're just commenting on what we miss.  People like you are the worst thing about these forums, and you need to calm down.

Ok. I miss daily devlogs.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 01:42:39 pm »

I was never around for it, but I wish I could have witnessed towns for every race.

Kappas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 02:36:50 pm »

More complex underground rivers could be interesting indeed, though I am personally pretty satisfied with the flooded caverns. And speaking of caverns, are not they supposed to be like chasm 2.0? So chasms are pretty much obsolete. And when it comes to marksdwarves, they have always been bit flawed. You see, when on higher level than enemies they would not fire unless placed next to fortification, and the issue here is, that they would not bother to move to one.
Pages: [1] 2 3