Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help with crashes in Gametap  (Read 899 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need help with crashes in Gametap
« on: October 23, 2011, 07:03:09 pm »

I have been playing stalker: shadow of chernobyl on Gametap, and like every other game they have, the more you play it, the laggier it gets, to the point of not being able to play it. Redownloading it doesn't work.

For SoC, it doesn't lag, but instead crashes shortly after starting the game up. It was find for most of the story, but got worse the further I got into the game.

Does anyone know why this may be happening? I really would like to finish the game, but it seems I will never be able to. And no I'm not going to buy it on steam when I have already payed money to play it on gametap.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with crashes in Gametap
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 10:38:48 pm »

I have been playing stalker: shadow of chernobyl on Gametap, and like every other game they have, the more you play it, the laggier it gets, to the point of not being able to play it. Redownloading it doesn't work.

Sounds pretty crappy. Why would you would pay money for something that makes games perform worse over time and then become unplayable?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 10:56:11 pm »

I stopped using gametap when they switched from that external client to their buggy web based system that at first only wanted to work on IE.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 10:58:04 pm »

I stopped using gametap when they switched from that external client to their buggy web based system that at first only wanted to work on IE.

thats exactly when I quit and then found Steam. Been happy with that ever since.
I got nothing

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 06:34:26 am »

For the amount of games I can play on it for the price, it turned out pretty well. And I don't have a problem with their client, unless the client makes the games lag.