NO
- 18 (10.5%)
I ALWAYS APPROVE HGUHNUHNGUHGNUHGNGUNH
- 24 (14%)
Cake
- 56 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: PARASITES D:  (Read 16070 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: PARASITES D:
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2011, 02:34:34 pm »

*The Age of Undeath*

This is the Age where all civilised life was destroyed, and only purring maggots crawled through the land*

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2011, 02:36:09 pm »

I think the method should vary from parasite to parasite, if a parasite has a tick carapace (LOL must hurt a lot) the doctors should remove it using tools and surgery but if it's a leech we should just burn it.
Or we can have a use for the alchemist skill.

Never burn leeches, you remove those with inward tweezers, salt, acid, fire all make leeches fall off - not before vomiting all of their blood back into your blood stream.

Increased risk of infection perhaps?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2011, 04:07:48 pm »

Yeah that would be nice.
Cold or hot climates could also influence the reproduction speed of the parasite.
IRL there are no parasites in scorching or super cold climates but as we are in a fantasy world it would be very nice if  there were some kind of extreme parasites that can only live in scorching or sub zero temperatures, and their effects could also be relationed with their climates.(Example: A Glacier Leech could cause frostbite in their host or force them to search for colder places for living dying.)
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Soralin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2011, 05:39:04 pm »

No mention of Cordyceps fungus yet? :)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »

I was trying to remember that name, just to discover it's to long for my mind.
Yeah, it could work in a similar way but with more gore maggots and vampire maggots and of course dwarfs.

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2011, 11:32:39 pm »

No mention of Cordyceps fungus yet? :)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8
Ah, good old Cordyceps. Guaranteed to make even the most insect-hating person cringe just a little bit inside.

Sometimes, at least.

The worst bit is, I have been known to read things like This
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:02:53 am by Deimos56 »
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2011, 02:41:04 pm »

Do *not* want.
Looks fun.
But what if goblin sieges (and such) could arrive where some goblins are infected by parasites, and explode in a bloody mess or bite one of your dwarfs infecting them.
But i really like the idea of zombie parasites and human hybrids (resistance games, anyone?).
Toady (for as far as i know) wants zombies to have a realistic background to actually implent them.
Would be nice if you could tame the parasite animals (or hybrids) and have them infect other animals, wich you can then breed in a enclosed room. (or you could put a mini-parasite-zoo in the rooms of your nobles).
Parasite fortress.
(i just repeated evrything you suggested. lol)
oh, first post :D

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2011, 04:29:09 pm »

But what if goblin sieges (and such) could arrive where some goblins are infected by parasites, and explode in a bloody mess or bite one of your dwarfs infecting them.

Well,it seems that  you are going to have some bloody !!FUN!! !
Are you against blood and !!FUN!! ?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2011, 08:18:56 pm »

Wait, that would be a good idea, animal traps would have a new purpose, with the same function, and dealing with goblins wouldn't be so clear cut.
If you pardon the pun.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2011, 02:00:34 pm »

But there should be another kind of animal trap, don't know some kind of glass one or metal one to keep the tiny pesky bastard in.
And the bait used for luring maggots and other parasites should be bodies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2011, 02:20:34 pm »

I think the animal trap should still function the same, but yeah things from the refuse pile could be used to trap the pesky blighters ;P

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2011, 09:53:12 pm »

i love the idea and i think that in a world of falling forgotten and green one more fear might make the game a bit, more shall we say, FUN

who wants a demon making demon!!!
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2011, 05:27:13 am »

i love the idea and i think that in a world of falling forgotten and green one more fear might make the game a bit, more shall we say, FUN

OH GAWD NO!

*Translation:

OH GAWD YES!

Forgotten parasites? Sounds brilliant. Randomly generated uber vermin that quickly take over your fort.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2011, 07:25:17 am »

OH GAWD NO!

*Translation:

OH GAWD YES!

Forgotten parasites? Sounds brilliant. Randomly generated uber vermin that quickly take over your fort.
But this will render Dwarfs useless!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2011, 07:26:27 am »

OH GAWD NO!

*Translation:

OH GAWD YES!

But this will render Dwarfs useless!

CORRECTION!
It will make your medical dwarves suddenly very valuable.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8