Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Random question - What's with all the my little ponies?  (Read 6301 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random question - What's with all the my little ponies?
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2011, 03:11:25 pm »

Now, My Little Pony is the opposite.
Not really. MLP isn't as grimdark as 40k, but nothing much is, and it's not notably hopeful either. The good guys always win, but it's hardly unique in that.
What I want to know is, since when did half of the internetfags turn into furries? Seriously, I don't get where the whole "Oh my god! Ponies!" thing came from. My nine year old sister wouldn't touch an episode of My Little Furry with a ten-foot pole. Now, I'll be back later, I have to go play Co-OP GTA with her.
Kids are too busy trying to act adult to be able to enjoy things like ponies.

Warhammer 40k is the most hopeless of universes.

There are no good guys, and the few that do exist die for no reason. The 'best' side, and only because they're human, are best termed as "Catholic Space Nazis".

Every side is trying to wipe out the others. To literally genocide them completely and destroy their very worlds. Humanity has all the military tactics of the first world war.

Now, My Little Pony is the opposite.
Damn, I had to laugh about this quite hard, but if I am honest....
Shit, it's true.
Only that I would call the "best" side the Eldar, even though they are kinda the "elves of wh40k", since they display the least aggression to all "living" races I think (IF not attacked ofc).
The only Eldar that have any real kind of success are the ones that kidnap people and rape them to death then eat their souls. Craftworld Eldar don't, as a general rule, accomplish anything, and mostly just manage to screw over inconsequential billions of humans. Exodites just ride dinosaurs around on their planets. Harlequins dance around do fuck all. Not that the DE accomplish much either, but they easily could if they wanted to.
Eldar won't actually personally kill you, they'll just manipulate events such that your entire world is deemed traitor and destroyed by your own side, just so they don't lose a teddy bear.

Yeah, the Eldar are some of the most selfish and egotistical creatures in the galaxy.  They only don't kill off the humans because they're too weak to do so after creating the chaos god of sadism.  They work with the Imperium rarely, because they have similar enemies, but make no mistake that the Eldar would just as soon have all the humans dead if it would benefit them (presently it doesn't, we're nice cannon fodder).

Now, supposedly the Tau really are the good guys, but based on what I've heard they're actually racists who subjugate all of the other aliens they ally with into second class citizens.  Still not much of good guys.  I actually know very little about the Tau, they interest me very little.  Maybe even less than Necrons.
The Tau are these things, but they're also a caste-based dystopia in which the lower castes are controlled by the pheromones of the Ethereals.
And there's some evidence that this situation was set up by the Eldar.

Tau sterilize their alien citizens so they're still the majority.
They did that in one game to one specific world. It's not common practice.

Necrons are a bunch of soulless machines.
Not after their next codex comes out.
I'm not surprised that the seeds of a WH40k derail were planted on the first page.
It's like I'm really on /tg/!

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 04:42:05 pm »

What I want to know is, since when did half of the internetfags turn into furries? Seriously, I don't get where the whole "Oh my god! Ponies!" thing came from. My nine year old sister wouldn't touch an episode of My Little Furry with a ten-foot pole. Now, I'll be back later, I have to go play Co-OP GTA with her.
Kids are too busy trying to act adult to be able to enjoy things like ponies.
...and life in general. Sadly, in many cases it carries on to adulthood.
Not saying one has to enjoy ponies to be adult, of course.
<3

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2011, 05:20:55 pm »

I am 25 and i watched some episodes, as i said i enjoyed it, there is no violence in it, it is amusing, and has some moral values, (never watched before tougth it is dump, but people talking about made me wan't to see it)
I don't like to see agressivness, violence and injustice around me in my free time, couldn't even finish the game of thrones 'cause it made me sleep badly ...
However i still don't think there is a problem with me, there migth be some with the world around on the other hand ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 05:42:01 pm »

We have a topic for general pony discussion down in General Discussion, and this one is turning random with a touch of flames, so I'm locking it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]